Dumb newbie stuff

Randall Peek
Please pardon me for asking, but I couldn't find a good answer for this in the archive or in the FAQ.

On Main.WebHome and on just about every other page I get the nice left0side menu. When I click on the various categories on the left, such as News or Personal, it takes me to a page which shows the recent extracts for that category, and the page title for all of these pages is Blog.Category. Unfortunately, the left-sde menu is missing from all Blog.Category page instances. How can I add it back in?

Also, is there any way to list all the links that have been created but do not yet have their own pages? I will often just put brackets around something with the intention of getting back to it later, but sometimes I forget where they were. On the same note, is there any way to get a list of all pages that have been created?

Thanks in advance!

Randy

Re: Dumb newbie stuff

cburleso

Randall:

Dude,  there are no dumb questions; you will not get flamed here.

To your first question:

Every wiki space an have its own unique left-hand menu as defined by a page called "SpaceName.Menu". If no Menu page is created, the space usually defaults to using the menu of the Main or XWiki space (can't remember which one). See if you have a page called Blog.Menu. If not, you could try creating one and give it whatever contents you need to. All pages in your blog should then pick it up.

On the right-hand side, the file would be "SpaceName.Toolbar". To create a unique toolbar area for the space, you just create a page in that space. In this case, for example, it would be "Blog.Toolbar".

To your second question:

Try this handy script to list pages in a wiki space. Then you can easily see which still need to be created with content.

--------- CUT

1 Browse by Web Space

This page lists the first 500 pages that are not within the XWiki space. It can help with some page management. One of the developers in the XWiki mailing list shared this.

#set ($sql = "doc.web!='XWiki' order by doc.fullName")
#set ($start = 0)
#set ($nb = 500)

#set($curweb="")
#foreach ($item in $xwiki.searchDocuments($sql, $nb , $start))
#if ($xwiki.hasAccessLevel("view", "${context.database}:${item}"))
#set($bentrydoc = $xwiki.getDocument($item))
#if($curweb!=${bentrydoc.web})
1.1 ${bentrydoc.web}
#set ($curweb = ${bentrydoc.web})
#end
   * [$bentrydoc.name>${bentrydoc.web}.$bentrydoc.name] by $xwiki.getLocalUserName($bentrydoc.author) on $xwiki.formatDate($bentrydoc.date,"MMMM dd, yyyy HH:mm") <a href="$bentrydoc.getURL("edit")">edit</a>
#end
#end

----- END CUT

==================================
Cody Burleson

Randall Peek <[hidden email]>

09/23/2005 03:41 PM

Please respond to
Randall Peek <[hidden email]>

cc
Subject
[xwiki-users] Dumb newbie stuff

[...]

Ryszard Lach
On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 04:23:42PM -0400, Cody Burleson wrote:

> To your second question:
>
> Try this handy script to list pages in a wiki space. Then you can easily
> see which still need to be created with content.

Great script, thank you.

Is it possible to create a similar script for listing unreferenced (i.e.
created, but without links pointing to them) pages?

Richard.

--
"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they
fight you. Then you win." - Mohandas Gandhi.