Edit Mode displays in render mode with no Save button?

Edit Mode displays in render mode with no Save button?

cburleso

Has anyone seen this issue before? In one particular document (a tutorial I am trying to write for the XWiki docs), when I click Edit, I get a new view (no left or right-hand toolbars) - but the document does not display an edit field or Save button. It seems to be in render mode still (even though the nature of the view changes somewhat). If I roll back a version, it works proper. What I had added that seems to break it is some velocity code inside the {code:xml}...{code} tag.

I am using #\ and $\ to escape Velocity characters inside the code tag.

Any ideas?

Also, does anyone know why I can view page code by adding the URL paramer raw=1 or xpage=1? What is the difference in the two parameters and why would I choose one over another if I needed to view page code? The first question is more important; this one is just an aside.

Re: Edit Mode displays in render mode with no Save button?

Ludovic Dubost

The only thing that is related to content in the edit page, except the
edit form itself, is the links to allow editing of included pages..
Maybe there is some weird #include... which breaks the code displaying
these links

Ludovic