Edit Profile Pages?

laurin1
How do I edit pages like the Profile page? After the upgrade to 7.2, we have an error:

Unknown macro: messageSender.

Re: Edit Profile Pages?

On 12 Oct 2015 at 15:51:09, Keith Davis ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:

> How do I edit pages like the Profile page? After the upgrade to 7.2, we have an error:
>
> Unknown macro: messageSender.

This is the same reason probably… This macro is defined in page Main.MessageSenderMacro

Check who’s the last author of that page.

By default this macro has “current wiki” as its visibility so it requires to be saved by a user who has Admin permissions.

You can resave the page with a user having Admin permissions and it should work fine.

Re: Edit Profile Pages?

laurin1
This page is saved by the same person. I've already added that person back and added back to the admin group.

Keith Davis (214) 906-5183

On 12 Oct 2015 at 15:51:09, Keith Davis ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:

> How do I edit pages like the Profile page? After the upgrade to 7.2, we have an error:
>
> Unknown macro: messageSender.

This is the same reason probably… This macro is defined in page Main.MessageSenderMacro

Check who’s the last author of that page.

By default this macro has “current wiki” as its visibility so it requires to be saved by a user who has Admin permissions.

You can resave the page with a user having Admin permissions and it should work fine.

Re: Edit Profile Pages?

laurin1
However, when I saved this as myself, now it's working. So the re-creation of the deleted user for some reason did not work for this, but it did for the other issues. Any idea why that is?

Keith Davis (214) 906-5183

On 12 Oct 2015 at 16:00:03, Keith Davis ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:

> However, when I saved this as myself, now it's working. So the re-creation of the deleted user for some reason did not work for this, but it did for the other issues. Any idea why that is?

It worked. It’s just that you didn’t restart your wiki so the macro was not reloaded (it’s loaded at wiki startup or when the page is modified).

> Keith Davis (214) 906-5183

The panel scripts and localizations worked without a restart - these don’t require a restart?

Keith Davis (214) 906-5183

On 12 Oct 2015 at 16:02:39, Keith Davis ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:

> The panel scripts and localizations worked without a restart - these don’t require a restart?

No. The restart is only for the wiki macros.

> Keith Davis (214) 906-5183

Eduard Moraru
AFAIK, a restart might also be needed by extension points (remember the
errors you got in the Distribution Wizard saying that you need to have
administration rights). Basically macros and extension points register when
you save their documents. Since you have recreated the problematic user,
you`ve fixed the problem without the macro/extension point mechanism being
informed (as it would be when you save those documents), so it continues to
behave as it was initialized (without the correct rights). The restart
makes sure those systems are properly reinitialized, with your fix in place.

Cheers,
Eduard