Quantcast

Editing text in box in WYSIWYG mode

Vishal
I use box macro to include the summary of page. But editing that summary
needs editing box macro Content.
In such editing we can't simply use the WYSIWYG. That means, I am forced to
write the content in wiki code, which I want to avoid.
It would be nice if I could edit text in box in WYSIWYG mode like a normal
text editing (like Word Processor).

Any help appreciated..

Re: Editing text in box in WYSIWYG mode

> On 28 Jan 2017, at 11:14, WikiNote Org <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I use box macro to include the summary of page. But editing that summary
> needs editing box macro Content.
> In such editing we can't simply use the WYSIWYG. That means, I am forced to
> write the content in wiki code, which I want to avoid.
> It would be nice if I could edit text in box in WYSIWYG mode like a normal
> text editing (like Word Processor).
>
> Any help appreciated..

Yes this is a known limitation. We need to improve the Macro dialog box to support that. Personally I feel that we’ve pushed this issue for too long and that we should put it in the roadmap sooner than later. Feel free to vote for it at http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-6371

Right now the only workaround I can think of would be to move your content in another wiki page and use the WYSIWYG to edit it and then use the following box macro content:

{{box}}
{{include reference=“Page1.Page2.WebHome”/}}
{{/box}}

(Where Page1.Page2.WebHome is the reference to your page having the content).

Re: Editing text in box in WYSIWYG mode

Vishal
Thanks Vincent for your reply.
I am very eager to see the pending issue solved. I too feel that this limitation is pushed for too long and am expecting it to be solved for about last 1 year.
I hope, I would see that changed in next updates.

Re: Editing text in box in WYSIWYG mode

Using:

(% class="box" %)(((
Put the page summary here...
)))

is also an option.

On Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 12:32 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > On 28 Jan 2017, at 11:14, WikiNote Org <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I use box macro to include the summary of page. But editing that summary
> > needs editing box macro Content.
> > In such editing we can't simply use the WYSIWYG. That means, I am forced
> > write the content in wiki code, which I want to avoid.
> > It would be nice if I could edit text in box in WYSIWYG mode like a
> normal
> > text editing (like Word Processor).
> >
> > Any help appreciated..
>
> Yes this is a known limitation. We need to improve the Macro dialog box to
> support that. Personally I feel that we’ve pushed this issue for too long
> and that we should put it in the roadmap sooner than later. Feel free to
> vote for it at http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-6371
>
> Right now the only workaround I can think of would be to move your content
> in another wiki page and use the WYSIWYG to edit it and then use the
> following box macro content:
>
> {{box}}
> {{include reference=“Page1.Page2.WebHome”/}}
> {{/box}}
>
> (Where Page1.Page2.WebHome is the reference to your page having the
> content).

Re: Editing text in box in WYSIWYG mode

Vishal
Thanks. It is just what I wanted
But I also use  cssClass="SummaryBox" in Box macro for right-floating the SummaryBox.
I tried using it as (% class="box" cssClass="SummaryBox" %) which seems not working.
Am I missing something?

Re: Editing text in box in WYSIWYG mode

Marius Dumitru Florea
On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 7:30 AM, Vishal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks. It is just what I wanted
> But I also use  cssClass="SummaryBox" in Box macro for right-floating the
> SummaryBox.
> I tried using it as (% class="box" cssClass="SummaryBox" %) which seems not
> working.
> Am I missing something?

Yes. Check the HTML produced by the box macro when using the 'cssClass'
parameter. You'll see that it goes in the 'class' HTML attribute.

(% class="box SummaryBox" %)

Re: Editing text in box in WYSIWYG mode

Vishal
It works perfectly. Thanx, you saved my day

I wonder if it is possible to have a dialogue box (like box macro) while using (% class="box" %). It saves much efforts in giving box display parameters like width, height, etc

Re: Editing text in box in WYSIWYG mode

Marius Dumitru Florea
The style drop down doesn't support this. You would have to write a custom
plugin for CKEditor that adds support for inserting and editing "box"
widgets. See http://docs.ckeditor.com/#!/guide/widget_sdk_tutorial_1 .