Ending tables??

mctoz
Having some "fun" understanding what ends off a table in 2.1 syntax. If
I have a normal paragraph of text following a table, and I want one
blank line between the table and the text, I either have to precede the
next para with \\:

|Last row A|Last row B

\\Next paragraph of text

---or--- leave three blank lines between? As in:

|Last row A|Last row B

Next paragraph of text

In both examples only one blank line gets rendered between.

Re: Ending tables??

Marius Dumitru Florea
This works fine for me:

|Last row A|Last row B

Next paragraph of text

In other words, you just need one **empty** line. It's enough to leave
a single space on the line after the table and it will be considered
as part of the last table cell, and so the next paragraph. Remove the
whitespace and you should be fine.

Hope this helps,
Marius

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 8:17 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Having some "fun" understanding what ends off a table in 2.1 syntax. If I
> have a normal paragraph of text following a table, and I want one blank line
> between the table and the text, I either have to precede the next para with
> \\:
>
> |Last row A|Last row B
>
> \\Next paragraph of text
>

> ---or--- leave three blank lines between? As in:
>
> |Last row A|Last row B
>

> Next paragraph of text
>
> In both examples only one blank line gets rendered between.

Re: Ending tables??

mctoz
Hmm... well I'm not getting that behaviour. It's as if something buggy
is going on. This is with V5.4.4

The problem is not ending the table per se, it's getting a blank line to
render between the table and the next paragraph?

See http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XRENDERING-175

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 2:24 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hmm... well I'm not getting that behaviour. It's as if something buggy is
> going on. This is with V5.4.4
>
> The problem is not ending the table per se, it's getting a blank line to
> render between the table and the next paragraph?
>

> On 21/05/2014 10:00 PM, Marius Dumitru Florea wrote:
>>
>> This works fine for me:
>>
>> |Last row A|Last row B
>>
>> Next paragraph of text
>>
>> In other words, you just need one **empty** line. It's enough to leave
>> a single space on the line after the table and it will be considered
>> as part of the last table cell, and so the next paragraph. Remove the
>> whitespace and you should be fine.
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>> Marius
>>
>> On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 8:17 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Having some "fun" understanding what ends off a table in 2.1 syntax. If I
>>> have a normal paragraph of text following a table, and I want one blank
>>> line
>>> between the table and the text, I either have to precede the next para
>>> with
>>> \\:

>>> \\Next paragraph of text
>>>

>>> ---or--- leave three blank lines between? As in:

>>> Next paragraph of text
>>>
>>> In both examples only one blank line gets rendered between.

Re: Ending tables??

mctoz
Aha! That one did not come up in google....

Thanks for that. A bit annoying though!