Error in code. :/

Sarthak Gupta
Hello all,

It's been 2 days that I am stuck in a stupid error.
I have a "add glossary" button in my application, and when I click that
button, the browser gives me the error: "This page isn’t working, 127.0.0.1
redirected you too many times."

Now this is a redirect loop. And it's caused by the statement
$response.sendRedirect($xwiki.getURL($newGlossaryReference, 'inline',
"$!{request.queryString}&title=${escapetool.url($glossaryItem)}")) in my
code I guess. I am not able to figure out why this is looping even if there
is no loop. I have tried certain things but there is no progress.

Moreover, my title bar appear like this:
http://127.0.0.1:8080/xwiki/bin/inline/Glossary/Hello?parent=Glossary.WebHome&template=Glossary.GlossaryTemplate&createGlossary=true&glossaryItem=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello

Here is my complete code: https://pastebin.com/p95DeHMg

Could someone please take some time and help me out?

IRC:sarthakg

Thanks
Sarthak Gupta

Re: Error in code. :/

Where is this code located ? In "Glossary.Hello" page ?

Are you sure $newGlossaryReference contains what you expect ? Did you
print it ? If it was null you would get exactly this behavior.

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 11:56 AM, Sarthak Gupta
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> It's been 2 days that I am stuck in a stupid error.
> I have a "add glossary" button in my application, and when I click that
> button, the browser gives me the error: "This page isn’t working, 127.0.0.1
> redirected you too many times."
>
> Now this is a redirect loop. And it's caused by the statement
> $response.sendRedirect($xwiki.getURL($newGlossaryReference, 'inline',
> "$!{request.queryString}&title=${escapetool.url($glossaryItem)}")) in my
> code I guess. I am not able to figure out why this is looping even if there
> is no loop. I have tried certain things but there is no progress.
>
> Moreover, my title bar appear like this:
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/xwiki/bin/inline/Glossary/Hello?parent=Glossary.WebHome&template=Glossary.GlossaryTemplate&createGlossary=true&glossaryItem=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello
>
> Here is my complete code: https://pastebin.com/p95DeHMg
>
> Could someone please take some time and help me out?
>
> IRC:sarthakg
>
> Thanks
> Sarthak Gupta

Re: Error in code. :/

Sarthak Gupta
Hello,
This error occurs when I enter the word "Hello" in the textbox, and then
press the "add glossary" button.
The $newGlossaryReference is not null. It prints "xwiki:Glossary.Hello".

The code is located in a design sheet "Glossary.GlossarySheet". I have
linked the sheet to the main class "Glossary.GlossaryClass" and added the
"Glossary.GlossaryClass" object on the home page of the application
'Glossary.WebHome'.

I expect that when a user enters a text(say hello) in the textbox and press
"Add Glossary" button then it should create a new page with the
title 'hello' using GlossaryTemplate in the Glossary Space.

Thanks

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 3:35 PM, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Where is this code located ? In "Glossary.Hello" page ?
>
> Are you sure $newGlossaryReference contains what you expect ? Did you
> print it ? If it was null you would get exactly this behavior.
>
> On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 11:56 AM, Sarthak Gupta
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > It's been 2 days that I am stuck in a stupid error.
> > I have a "add glossary" button in my application, and when I click that
> > button, the browser gives me the error: "This page isn’t working,
> 127.0.0.1
> > redirected you too many times."
> >
> > Now this is a redirect loop. And it's caused by the statement
> > $response.sendRedirect($xwiki.getURL($newGlossaryReference, 'inline',
> > "$!{request.queryString}&title=${escapetool.url($glossaryItem)}")) in my
> > code I guess. I am not able to figure out why this is looping even if
> there
> > is no loop. I have tried certain things but there is no progress.
> >
> > Moreover, my title bar appear like this:
> > http://127.0.0.1:8080/xwiki/bin/inline/Glossary/Hello?
> parent=Glossary.WebHome&template=Glossary.GlossaryTemplate&
> createGlossary=true&glossaryItem=Hello&title=
> Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=
> Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=
> Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=
> Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello
> >
> > Here is my complete code: https://pastebin.com/p95DeHMg
> >
> > Could someone please take some time and help me out?
> >
> > IRC:sarthakg
> >
> > Thanks
> > Sarthak Gupta

Re: Error in code. :/

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 1:17 PM, Sarthak Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
> This error occurs when I enter the word "Hello" in the textbox, and then
> press the "add glossary" button.
> The $newGlossaryReference is not null. It prints "xwiki:Glossary.Hello".
>
> The code is located in a design sheet "Glossary.GlossarySheet". I have
> linked the sheet to the main class "Glossary.GlossaryClass" and added the
> "Glossary.GlossaryClass" object on the home page of the application
> 'Glossary.WebHome'.

So that's your mistake. Every time a glossary entry is displayed your
code is executed since the sheet is executed.

You should not use the same sheet for the home page and the entries.

> I expect that when a user enters a text(say hello) in the textbox and press
> "Add Glossary" button then it should create a new page with the
> title 'hello' using GlossaryTemplate in the Glossary Space.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 3:35 PM, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Where is this code located ? In "Glossary.Hello" page ?
>>
>> Are you sure $newGlossaryReference contains what you expect ? Did you
>> print it ? If it was null you would get exactly this behavior.
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 11:56 AM, Sarthak Gupta
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hello all,
>> >
>> > It's been 2 days that I am stuck in a stupid error.
>> > I have a "add glossary" button in my application, and when I click that
>> > button, the browser gives me the error: "This page isn’t working,
>> 127.0.0.1
>> > redirected you too many times."
>> >
>> > Now this is a redirect loop. And it's caused by the statement
>> > $response.sendRedirect($xwiki.getURL($newGlossaryReference, 'inline',
>> > "$!{request.queryString}&title=${escapetool.url($glossaryItem)}")) in my
>> > code I guess. I am not able to figure out why this is looping even if
>> there
>> > is no loop. I have tried certain things but there is no progress.
>> >
>> > Moreover, my title bar appear like this:
>> > http://127.0.0.1:8080/xwiki/bin/inline/Glossary/Hello?
>> parent=Glossary.WebHome&template=Glossary.GlossaryTemplate&
>> createGlossary=true&glossaryItem=Hello&title=
>> Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=
>> Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=
>> Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=
>> Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello&title=Hello
>> >
>> > Here is my complete code: https://pastebin.com/p95DeHMg
>> >
>> > Could someone please take some time and help me out?
>> >
>> > IRC:sarthakg
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Sarthak Gupta
>>

>> --