Exception when printing top menu

ncg

Exception when printing top menu

ncg
Hello,

Sometimes, the top menu disappears and is replaced by the exception
below. It's new since the 4.1.3 migration.

The user exists and if we're going on another page and go back, the
problem disappears.  It's totally random but only in the virtual wikis
(not in the main instance).

Any idea ?

Thank you

Nicolas

Error number 4001 in 4: Error while parsing velocity page
/templates/menuview.vm

Wrapped Exception: Failed to evaluate content with id
[/templates/menuview.vm]

com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 4001 in 4: Error while
parsing velocity page /templates/menuview.vm

Wrapped Exception: Failed to evaluate content with id
[/templates/menuview.vm]

               at
com.xpn.xwiki.render.XWikiVelocityRenderer.evaluate(XWikiVelocityRendere
r.java:110)

               at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.evaluateTemplate(XWiki.java:1799)

               at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.proc
essConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)

               at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint
.java:528)

               at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollow
erWorkerThread.java:81)

               at
.java:689)

               at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Caused by: org.xwiki.velocity.XWikiVelocityException: Failed to evaluate
content with id [/templates/menuview.vm]

               at
org.xwiki.velocity.internal.DefaultVelocityEngine.evaluate(DefaultVeloci
tyEngine.java:243)

               at
org.xwiki.velocity.internal.DefaultVelocityEngine.evaluate(DefaultVeloci
tyEngine.java:184)

               at
com.xpn.xwiki.render.XWikiVelocityRenderer.evaluate(XWikiVelocityRendere
r.java:105)

               ... 84 more

Caused by: org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException:
Invocation of method 'isWikiWatched' in  class
com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.watchlist.WatchListPluginApi threw exception
com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 0 in 5: User
[xwiki:XWiki.duthey] does not exists at /templates/menuview.vm[line 179,
column 27]

               at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.handleInvocationExcept
ion(ASTMethod.java:243)

               at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.execute(ASTMethod.java
:187)

               at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.execute(ASTReferenc
e.java:280)

               at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.evaluate(ASTReferen
ce.java:530)

               at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTExpression.evaluate(ASTExpres
sion.java:62)

               at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIfStatement.render(ASTIfState
ment.java:85)

               at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTBlock.render(ASTBlock.java:72
)

               at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIfStatement.render(ASTIfState
ment.java:87)

               at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTBlock.render(ASTBlock.java:72
)

               at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.jav
a:342)

               at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIfStatement.render(ASTIfState
ment.java:106)

               at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTBlock.render(ASTBlock.java:72
)

               at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIfStatement.render(ASTIfState
ment.java:87)

               at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.jav
a:342)

               at
org.xwiki.velocity.internal.DefaultVelocityEngine.evaluate(DefaultVeloci
tyEngine.java:224)

               ... 86 more

Caused by: com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 0 in 5: User
[xwiki:XWiki.duthey] does not exists

               at
com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.watchlist.WatchListStore.getWatchListObject(WatchLi
stStore.java:555)

               at
com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.watchlist.WatchListStore.getWatchedElements(WatchLi
stStore.java:419)

               at
com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.watchlist.WatchListPluginApi.isWikiWatched(WatchLis
tPluginApi.java:206)

               at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor418.invoke(Unknown
Source)

               at
Impl.java:25)

               at
org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.UberspectImpl$VelMethodImpl.doInv
oke(UberspectImpl.java:395)

               at
org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.UberspectImpl$VelMethodImpl.invok
e(UberspectImpl.java:384)

               at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.execute(ASTMethod.java
:173)

               ... 99 more

Wrapped Exception:

[...]

               at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.parseTemplate(XWiki.java:1739)

               at com.xpn.xwiki.api.XWiki.parseTemplate(XWiki.java:854)

               at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor218.invoke(Unknown
Source)

               at
Impl.java:25)

               at
org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.UberspectImpl$VelMethodImpl.doInv
oke(UberspectImpl.java:395)

               at
org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.UberspectImpl$VelMethodImpl.invok
e(UberspectImpl.java:384)

               at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.execute(ASTMethod.java
:173)

               at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.execute(ASTReferenc
e.java:280)

               at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.render(ASTReference
.java:369)

               at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTBlock.render(ASTBlock.java:72
)

               at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.VelocimacroProxy.render(Velocimacr
oProxy.java:216)

               at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.RuntimeMacro.render(RuntimeMacro.j
ava:311)

               at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.RuntimeMacro.render(RuntimeMacro.j
ava:230)

               at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTDirective.render(ASTDirective
.java:207)

[...]

               at com.xpn.xwiki.web.Utils.parseTemplate(Utils.java:155)

               at
com.xpn.xwiki.web.XWikiAction.execute(XWikiAction.java:241)

               at
com.xpn.xwiki.web.XWikiAction.execute(XWikiAction.java:116)

               at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestPr
ocessor.java:431)

               at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:
236)

               at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)

               at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:414)

               at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)

               at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

               at
tionFilterChain.java:269)

               at
erChain.java:188)

               at
com.xpn.xwiki.web.ActionFilter.doFilter(ActionFilter.java:120)

               at
tionFilterChain.java:215)

               at
erChain.java:188)

               at
org.xwiki.wysiwyg.server.filter.ConversionFilter.doFilter(ConversionFilt
er.java:144)

               at
tionFilterChain.java:215)

               at
erChain.java:188)

               at
com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.webdav.XWikiDavFilter.doFilter(XWikiDavFilter.java:
66)

               at
tionFilterChain.java:215)

               at
erChain.java:188)

               at
org.xwiki.container.servlet.filters.internal.SavedRequestRestorerFilter.
doFilter(SavedRequestRestorerFilter.java:208)

               at
tionFilterChain.java:215)

               at
erChain.java:188)

               at
org.xwiki.container.servlet.filters.internal.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.
doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:111)

               at
tionFilterChain.java:215)

               at
erChain.java:188)

               at
e.java:213)

               at
e.java:174)

               at
:127)

               at
:117)

               at
java:108)

               at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:1
51)

               at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:87
[...]

Re: Exception when printing top menu

Sergiu Dumitriu-2
On 08/13/2012 05:06 AM, CHENEAU-GREHALLE Nicolas wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Sometimes, the top menu disappears and is replaced by the exception
> below. It's new since the 4.1.3 migration.
>
> The user exists and if we're going on another page and go back, the
> problem disappears.  It's totally random but only in the virtual wikis
> (not in the main instance).
>

> Any idea ?

The main error in the stacktrace is:

> Caused by: com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 0 in 5: User
> [xwiki:XWiki.duthey] does not exists

There are several things to do here.

On our side, we should make sure that such an error doesn't break the UI
as badly as it does in your case. But that might take a while. I created
https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-8134 to track the progress.

The more serious issue is why isn't that user found?
- Do you have any errors in the log? Maybe something related to caches?
- Are you using clustering or any other advanced setup?

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/
ncg

Re: Exception when printing top menu

ncg
Hello,

We work with virtual wikis and LDAP.
The LDAP configuration is on the "xwiki" instance (as the user documents) and the problem occurs only on a sub-wiki with global users.
There's no cache error and no clustering.
This problem occurred with the last release (4.1.3)

If we reload the page several times or leave/go back on the page, the error disappears.
I can't reproduce the error every time.

Nicolas