Extend (little) Main.WebSearch

Enrique Ferreyra
Hi, im looking at the code of Main.WebSearch, in particular the SQL that
generate...

In several places the basis of the search is a sentence:

like '%$text%'

How difficult is to add to the form a check control for Matching case,
and the build the SQL with something like (here is when i need help)

like Upper('%$text%')

Or something like that, does anybody do this before? Or i start to broke
forms :)

I assume, need to look at the JDBC Api to see the way i can express
Upper or Lower functions...

Any help welcome.

  A.U.S. Enrique Ferreyra
    Centro de Cómputos
 Red Megatone - Red Confina

Re: Extend (little) Main.WebSearch

Frank Haefemeier
If you are working in your own local xwiki installation,
you can change the SQL by your self.

Go to the page Main.WebSearch and click on 'Edit page'.

Bye
        Frank

Am Di, den 04.04.2006 schrieb Enrique Ferreyra um 21:42:

> Hi, im looking at the code of Main.WebSearch, in particular the SQL that
> generate...
>
> In several places the basis of the search is a sentence:
>
> like '%$text%'
>
> How difficult is to add to the form a check control for Matching case,
> and the build the SQL with something like (here is when i need help)
>
> like Upper('%$text%')
>
> Or something like that, does anybody do this before? Or i start to broke
> forms :)
>
> I assume, need to look at the JDBC Api to see the way i can express
> Upper or Lower functions...
>
> Any help welcome.

Dipl. Inform. Frank Häfemeier <[hidden email]>

Re: Extend (little) Main.WebSearch

Enrique Ferreyra
Yes, i try to say that, maybe my english  was not clear...

I just want to know if anybody already extend the Main.WebSearch  and
like to share it, if i cant put in work the Lucene plugin, i probably
change the Main.WebSearch as i say.

Thanks anyway

Frank Haefemeier escribió:

>If you are working in your own local xwiki installation,
>you can change the SQL by your self.
>
>Go to the page Main.WebSearch and click on 'Edit page'.
>
>Bye
> Frank
>
>Am Di, den 04.04.2006 schrieb Enrique Ferreyra um 21:42:
>

>>Hi, im looking at the code of Main.WebSearch, in particular the SQL that
>>generate...
>>
>>In several places the basis of the search is a sentence:
>>
>>like '%$text%'
>>
>>How difficult is to add to the form a check control for Matching case,
>>and the build the SQL with something like (here is when i need help)
>>
>>like Upper('%$text%')
>>
>>Or something like that, does anybody do this before? Or i start to broke
>>forms :)
>>
>>I assume, need to look at the JDBC Api to see the way i can express
>>Upper or Lower functions...
>>
>>Any help welcome.
>>
>>Thanks

  A.U.S. Enrique Ferreyra