FAQ : how to let users modify their own profile?

FAQ : how to let users modify their own profile?

natoine
Well i have already created a FAQ about this point.

My problem is :
I wan to let users modify their profile (first name, last name, company,
description) but not to give them right to modify the other pages of the
wiki.

Thank for your help

Antoine

Re: FAQ : how to let users modify their own profile?

Sergiu Dumitriu-2
antoine Seilles wrote:

> Well i have already created a FAQ about this point.
>
> My problem is :
> I wan to let users modify their profile (first name, last name, company,
> description) but not to give them right to modify the other pages of the
> wiki.
>
> Thank for your help
>
> Antoine

By default, users have the right to modify their pages.

To forbid them the right to edit any other page, go to
Administration->Rights and forbid edit right for XWikiAllGroup.

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

On Dec 7, 2008, at 10:04 PM, antoine Seilles wrote:

> Well i have already created a FAQ about this point.
>
> My problem is :
> I wan to let users modify their profile (first name, last name,
> company,
> description) but not to give them right to modify the other pages of
> the
> wiki.

just don't give them edit rights and page level rights for the profile
page.

-Vincent