Feedback needed: Blog terminology

Sergiu Dumitriu-2
Hi users,

We can't get a consensus between the developers, so we need your opinion
about this (as fast as possible):

What is the best term:
1. blog post
2. blog entry
3. blog article

Thank you.
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Re: Feedback needed: Blog terminology

Nick Watts
I hear #1 and #2 consistently.  I have not heard #3 before.  It's hard to
chose between the first two though.  Maybe #1 is best, but only because the
"post" indicates the action of uploading to a website.  "Entry" is probably
somewhat antiquated because it suggests writing thoughts out in longhand.

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Sergiu Dumitriu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi users,
>
> We can't get a consensus between the developers, so we need your opinion
> about this (as fast as possible):
>
> What is the best term:
> 1. blog post
> 2. blog entry
> 3. blog article
>
> Thank you.
> --
> Sergiu Dumitriu
> http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Nick Watts
thewonggei.wordpress.com

Re: Feedback needed: Blog terminology

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
I would prefer #2 blog entry. You don't write in your blog only articles.
"Blog post" is also used, but entry is more general.

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 10:10 PM, Nick Watts <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I hear #1 and #2 consistently.  I have not heard #3 before.  It's hard to
> chose between the first two though.  Maybe #1 is best, but only because the
> "post" indicates the action of uploading to a website.  "Entry" is probably
> somewhat antiquated because it suggests writing thoughts out in longhand.
>
> On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Sergiu Dumitriu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi users,
> >
> > We can't get a consensus between the developers, so we need your opinion
> > about this (as fast as possible):
> >
> > What is the best term:
> > 1. blog post
> > 2. blog entry
> > 3. blog article
> >
> > Thank you.
> > --
> > Sergiu Dumitriu
> > http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

> Nick Watts
> thewonggei.wordpress.com

Re: Feedback needed: Blog terminology

BrianJones
I hear the term 'post' most frequently, and it has more of a meaning related to a 'blog' versus an 'entry' which could be an 'entry' to anything.  'Post' has some connotation with internet technology, like 'posting' on a forum, or on a bulliten.  'Entry' is not specific to internet technology.

That's my two cents!  Hope it helps.

Sergiu Dumitriu-2 wrote
Hi users,

We can't get a consensus between the developers, so we need your opinion
about this (as fast as possible):

What is the best term:
1. blog post
2. blog entry
3. blog article

Thank you.

Re: Feedback needed: Blog terminology

Regan Gill
I vote for "Blog Post" -- posting is common terminology for this action.
Entry is very generic and is missing the connotations associated with
"post." Article makes me think of something long and meaningful, which
isn't necessarily a requirement for a blog post.

Niels Mayer
On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Sergiu Dumitriu

> What is the best term:
> 1. blog post

*25,500,000* for
*"blog<http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.answers.com/blog&r=67&sa=X&oi=dict&ct=D&cd=1&ei=t3UXSfXiGpGYsAOQzu2GCw&sig2=Q_fk3U_tHVALpps6Dc2UHw&usg=AFQjCNF81GIf8iauSCuK6nt8SfrVGyoeAQ>
post<http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.answers.com/post&r=67&sa=X&oi=dict&ct=D&cd=2&ei=t3UXSfXiGpGYsAOQzu2GCw&sig2=eUL1Jb-0SwV04dISQDTHUw&usg=AFQjCNFrpeBFiZgd6ePOVcrHgj7Gt2KJgA>
"*.

> 2. blog entry

*110,000,000* for
*"blog<http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.answers.com/blog&r=67&sa=X&oi=dict&ct=D&cd=1&ei=93UXSaSBG6CSsQO0xPiNCw&sig2=rKlOBTuWzqui7zFfA8tERg&usg=AFQjCNGBLgC6McpTI4rCyW3S-78VM_H0zw>
entry<http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.answers.com/entry&r=67&sa=X&oi=dict&ct=D&cd=2&ei=93UXSaSBG6CSsQO0xPiNCw&sig2=3L7IsCNcnNdcaHC_Rm2bgA&usg=AFQjCNEPU_b76Tm7sx4e5G0es4up8ExRmg>
"*.

> 3. blog article

*8,540,000* for
*"blog<http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.answers.com/blog&r=67&sa=X&oi=dict&ct=D&cd=1&ei=TnYXSa3eFqCSsQO0xPiNCw&sig2=MZFVj0FlvTVK17fSU_KlCg&usg=AFQjCNEbzNgl_wL4z1CfM0Q7beNjC_QUog>
article<http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.answers.com/article&r=67&sa=X&oi=dict&ct=D&cd=2&ei=TnYXSa3eFqCSsQO0xPiNCw&sig2=pnth9KCZ91-5XAH7ywIH3w&usg=AFQjCNG2G3DfTibaMn-PqnAYaDYeWqZoWA>
"*.

Therefore, in the "google popular election," please note that "blog entry"
gets the most votes. This is despite claims by "blog article"  that "blog
entry" pals around with linguists and once performed acts of declension.

Niels
http://nielsmayer.com