Filename troubles with &

THOMAS, BRIAN M (ATTSI)
It seems that the XWiki.XWikiCommonJavascript method updateName allows & to appear in a document name, and that this is entirely legal.  However, it breaks the RSS feed by resulting in malformed XML when reporting the new document.

Working for a company with an ampersand in its name, this is a problem I've tripped over numerous times already, first in the RSS feed title where I had to escape it with the HTML sequence (which, ironically, begins with an ampersand...).  But I'm baffled as to what to do with this; should updateName be modified to remove them also, or would a fix to WikiRssCode be preferable?

brain[sic]