Formatting Blocks

Andrew Kuang
Hi, I had a question regarding styling Blocks (ParagraphBlock, TextBlock, etc). I noticed in the documentation of the code (https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-rendering/blob/master/xwiki-rendering-api/src/main/java/org/xwiki/rendering/block/Block.java#L247-L248) that we could use the parameters map; however, it does not seem to be working. I've tried to find more documentation or use cases/examples online with no luck. Could someone provide more context on this? Thank you!

Re: Formatting Blocks

Hi Andrew,

> On 10 Apr 2016, at 22:18, Andrew Kuang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi, I had a question regarding styling Blocks (ParagraphBlock, TextBlock,
> etc). I noticed in the documentation of the code
> (https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-rendering/blob/master/xwiki-rendering-api/src/main/java/org/xwiki/rendering/block/Block.java#L247-L248)
> that we could use the parameters map; however, it does not seem to be
> working. I've tried to find more documentation or use cases/examples online
> with no luck. Could someone provide more context on this? Thank you!

Yes, any Block can have parameters. How they are interpreted depend on the Renderer used.

You can check the XWiki Syntax 2.1 Renderer for example. For example the beginFormat() method which corresponds to the event sent at the beginning of  a FormatBlock does this:

https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-rendering/blob/2629b41a185487f508aeb42790ece0d0fe039a75/xwiki-rendering-syntaxes/xwiki-rendering-syntax-xwiki20/src/main/java/org/xwiki/rendering/internal/renderer/xwiki20/XWikiSyntaxChainingRenderer.java#L227-L227