Fw : Fw : Re: [myxwiki] new wiki request: coc

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fw : Fw : Re: [myxwiki] new wiki request: coc

pbasnews-thorgal

> > created your wiki here:
> > http://coc.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/

Hello,

About my new site on myxwiki.org, I'm very disoriented about the customization of welcome page ...
If i'm login as Admin, Main.WebHome show  only this text:
<<<C'est un site web facile à éditer qui aidera les membres de votre équipe à mieux travailler ensemble. Ce wiki se compose de pages organisées par espaces. Vous êtes actuellement sur la page d'accueil (WebHome) de l'espace principal (Main).
Vous pouvez utiliser le bac à sable afin de tester les fonctionnalités de votre wiki.>>

When I'm login as admin if I edit my welcome page this message is displayed on top of gadget dashboard:
<<Vous êtes en train de modifier un tableau de bord défini dans un document différent,coc:WikiManager.Dashboard. Vos changements auront un impact sur toutes les pages incluant cette configuration de tableau de bord. Si vous souhaitez personnaliser cette page, éditez-la en mode WYSIWYG et configurez la macro "tableau de bord" avec un paramètre source vide.>>
I don't understand what's meaning " configurez la macro "tableau de bord" avec un paramètre source vide"? I must edit the source of Main.Welcome and replace {{dashboard source="Main.Dashboard" /}} by {{dashboard source="" /}} ?

If I follow the instruction like a normal user, I'm quickly lost: I can not follow this instruction and I obtain 2 different welcome page depending of language of my browser: english one with dashboard and the french one with the short text  "C'est un site web facile à éditer..."

http://coc.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/?language=fr
http://coc.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/?language=en

In my advice, xwiki must be simplier to customize welcome page. It is the first impression the most important, isn'it?


(I activated 2 langages on: coc.myxwiki.org, en and fr default)


Thxs

Pascal B.

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fw : Fw : Re: [myxwiki] new wiki request: coc

Guillaume Lerouge
Hi Pascal,

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 4:25 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> > > created your wiki here:
> > > http://coc.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/
>
> Hello,
>
> About my new site on myxwiki.org, I'm very disoriented about the
> customization of welcome page ...
> If i'm login as Admin, Main.WebHome show  only this text:
> <<<C'est un site web facile à éditer qui aidera les membres de votre
> équipe à mieux travailler ensemble. Ce wiki se compose de pages organisées
> par espaces. Vous êtes actuellement sur la page d'accueil (WebHome) de
> l'espace principal (Main).
> Vous pouvez utiliser le bac à sable afin de tester les fonctionnalités de
> votre wiki.>>
>
> When I'm login as admin if I edit my welcome page this message is
> displayed on top of gadget dashboard:
> <<Vous êtes en train de modifier un tableau de bord défini dans un
> document différent,coc:WikiManager.Dashboard. Vos changements auront un
> impact sur toutes les pages incluant cette configuration de tableau de
> bord. Si vous souhaitez personnaliser cette page, éditez-la en mode WYSIWYG
> et configurez la macro "tableau de bord" avec un paramètre source vide.>>
> I don't understand what's meaning " configurez la macro "tableau de bord"
> avec un paramètre source vide"? I must edit the source of Main.Welcome and
> replace {{dashboard source="Main.Dashboard" /}} by {{dashboard source=""
> /}} ?
>
> If I follow the instruction like a normal user, I'm quickly lost: I can
> not follow this instruction and I obtain 2 different welcome page depending
> of language of my browser: english one with dashboard and the french one
> with the short text  "C'est un site web facile à éditer..."
>
> http://coc.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/?language=fr
> http://coc.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/?language=en
>
> In my advice, xwiki must be simplier to customize welcome page. It is the
> first impression the most important, isn'it?
>

I couldn't agree more with this one.

I've been thinking for a while now that we should have a standard wiki page
as the home and make the dashboard available from an icon on the app bar.
The current way it works right now is uselessly confusing.

Thanks,

Guillaume


> (I activated 2 langages on: coc.myxwiki.org, en and fr default)
>
>
> Thxs
>
> Pascal B
>
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fw : Fw : Re: [myxwiki] new wiki request: coc

vmassol
Administrator
 




On 1 Oct 2015 at 11:22:08, Guillaume Lerouge ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:

> Hi Pascal,
>  
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 4:25 PM, wrote:
>  
> >
> > > > created your wiki here:
> > > > http://coc.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > About my new site on myxwiki.org, I'm very disoriented about the
> > customization of welcome page ...
> > If i'm login as Admin, Main.WebHome show only this text:
> > <<> > équipe à mieux travailler ensemble. Ce wiki se compose de pages organisées
> > par espaces. Vous êtes actuellement sur la page d'accueil (WebHome) de
> > l'espace principal (Main).
> > Vous pouvez utiliser le bac à sable afin de tester les fonctionnalités de
> > votre wiki.>>
> >
> > When I'm login as admin if I edit my welcome page this message is
> > displayed on top of gadget dashboard:
> > <> > document différent,coc:WikiManager.Dashboard. Vos changements auront un
> > impact sur toutes les pages incluant cette configuration de tableau de
> > bord. Si vous souhaitez personnaliser cette page, éditez-la en mode WYSIWYG
> > et configurez la macro "tableau de bord" avec un paramètre source vide.>>
> > I don't understand what's meaning " configurez la macro "tableau de bord"
> > avec un paramètre source vide"? I must edit the source of Main.Welcome and
> > replace {{dashboard source="Main.Dashboard" /}} by {{dashboard source=""
> > /}} ?
> >
> > If I follow the instruction like a normal user, I'm quickly lost: I can
> > not follow this instruction and I obtain 2 different welcome page depending
> > of language of my browser: english one with dashboard and the french one
> > with the short text "C'est un site web facile à éditer..."
> >
> > http://coc.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/?language=fr
> > http://coc.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/?language=en
> >
> > In my advice, xwiki must be simplier to customize welcome page. It is the
> > first impression the most important, isn'it?
> >
>  
> I couldn't agree more with this one.
>  
> I've been thinking for a while now that we should have a standard wiki page
> as the home and make the dashboard available from an icon on the app bar.

We already have the Dashboard in the app bar.

> The current way it works right now is uselessly confusing.

See also http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Home+Page+Application on this topic, where I tried to have the best of both worlds.

I didn’t succeed in convincing others that it was a good solution though so it stayed as an extension.

Thanks
-Vincent

>  
> Thanks,
>  
> Guillaume
>  
>  
> > (I activated 2 langages on: coc.myxwiki.org, en and fr default)
> >
> >
> > Thxs
> >
> > Pascal B
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users