Fwd: External link to same server

Lee Meador-3
Resend

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lee Meador <[hidden email]>
Date: Jul 16, 2007 2:48 PM
Subject: External link to same server
To: [hidden email]

The links documentation tells how to add a link to another wiki page and a link to a URL like <a href="http://yahoo.com" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://yahoo.com

I would like to link to a URL that isn't inside the xwiki application but is on the same server without putting in the hostname or ip address. If I was doing this in html, I would use "<a href="/otherapp/home">Other App</a>.

I tried the form [/otherapp/home] and simply /otherapp/home but those don't generate the right link. (The first comes out as a link to an xwiki page. The second comes out as plain text.)

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

--
-- Lee Meador

--
-- Lee Meador
Sent from gmail. My real email address is lee AT leemeador.com

Re: Fwd: External link to same server

On Jul 23, 2007, at 6:25 PM, Lee Meador wrote:

Resend

The links documentation tells how to add a link to another wiki page and a link to a URL like <A href="http://yahoo.com" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://yahoo.com

I would like to link to a URL that isn't inside the xwiki application but is on the same server without putting in the hostname or ip address. If I was doing this in html, I would use "<a href="/otherapp/home">Other App</a>.

I tried the form [/otherapp/home] and simply /otherapp/home but those don't generate the right link. (The first comes out as a link to an xwiki page. The second comes out as plain text.)

Is there a way to do this?

Yes with HTML... :)

The wiki syntax is for generating links to pages (aka documents). There's no wiki syntax for generating general purpose links.

Re: Fwd: External link to same server

ebullient
On 7/24/07, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On Jul 23, 2007, at 6:25 PM, Lee Meador wrote:
>> Resend

[snip.. ]

>> I would like to link to a URL that isn't inside the xwiki application but is
>> on the same server without putting in the hostname or ip address. If I was
>> doing this in html, I would use "<a href="/otherapp/home">Other App</a>.

[snip.. ]

> Yes with HTML... :)
>
> The wiki syntax is for generating links to pages (aka documents). There's no
> wiki syntax for generating general purpose links.

IIRC, [link name>/arbitrary/path] works just fine. I've used it to
make [anchor links>#furtherdown]  on long, sectioned pages.

--
'Waste of a good apple' -Samwise Gamgee

On Jul 28, 2007, at 6:32 AM, Erin Schnabel wrote:

> On 7/24/07, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> On Jul 23, 2007, at 6:25 PM, Lee Meador wrote:
>>> Resend
>
> [snip.. ]
>
>>> I would like to link to a URL that isn't inside the xwiki
>>> application but is
>>> on the same server without putting in the hostname or ip address.
>>> If I was
>>> doing this in html, I would use "<a href="/otherapp/home">Other
>>> App</a>.
>
> [snip.. ]
>
>> Yes with HTML... :)
>>
>> The wiki syntax is for generating links to pages (aka documents).
>> There's no
>> wiki syntax for generating general purpose links.
>

> IIRC, [link name>/arbitrary/path] works just fine. I've used it to
> make [anchor links>#furtherdown]  on long, sectioned pages.
Cool, if this is a supported feature then we should document it on
the wiki syntax page on xwiki.org.

Can someone confirm this is supported? (I'm offline on holidays so
it's a little bit harder for me to check)