Quantcast

[Fwd: XWiki with an empty database - register new user]

[Fwd: XWiki with an empty database - register new user]

Ludovic Dubost-2

I have problems to register a new user. First I have try xwiki with the
sample database and now I would create a new xwiki on an empty database. I
read the docu and creat the templates but after I have filled the form out
and click register I get the message: "An error occured during the
registration process (-1).". A lot of warnings are also printed on the
console like: "No FormBeanConfig found under 'view'"
If I use the example database and register a new user then the user is
created but exceptions are thrown like: "org.hibernate.AssertionFailture:
possible nonthreadsafe access to session"

Can you give me a short tutorial: How to regsiter a new user on an empty
database
and an explanation why the warnings and the exceptions occur?

Thanks a lot

Dirk Buchhorn

PS: I like xwiki and in the future I will use it for project
documentation. Thanks for your great work.
Dirk Buchhorn
FINK & PARTNER Media Services GmbH
Pohlandstrasse 19, 01309 Dresden
Tel +49 351 3190740 / Fax +49 351 3190791

Create a new instance of Xwiki

Lichman, Mark Eugene
Hi Cwiki users,

I noticed the instructions for adding another space, unfortunately this isn't
quite what I needed.

Here are some instuctions for creating a new instance of Xwiki in case you'd
like to keep two completly separate databases (i.e. searching one will not give
results for the other). I wasn't quite sure where to put this online.

1 Create a new instance of Xwiki
# Create a folder with the name of the new Xwiki (i.e. support) in the
tomcat/webapps folder)
# Extract the xwiki war file into this folder
# In the webinf/hibernate.cfg.xml file
* modify {code:xml} <property
name="connection.url">jdbc:mysql://localhost/xwiki</property> {code} replacing
xwiki with the name of the new database you wish to create
# create a new database with the same name as in the line above
# import the sample database located here
[http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/XWikiDownload] into your new database

All set! Go to http://localhost/your_wiki_here/bin/view/Main/WebHome to check it
out.

Caution, you may wish to modify the index.html file to point to your url just in
case.

Re: Create a new instance of Xwiki

This is one way of create multiple wikis served from the same servlet
engine.
However if you start having over 3 or 4 wikis, this will become a
resource hog with many connections open to the database and multiple
caches..
The solution is to use real virtual servers. See
http://www.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Doc/HowToSetupVirtualWikis
We could improve a little this documentation.

Ludovic

Lichman, Mark Eugene wrote:

> Hi Cwiki users,
>
> I noticed the instructions for adding another space, unfortunately this isn't
> quite what I needed.
>
> Here are some instuctions for creating a new instance of Xwiki in case you'd
> like to keep two completly separate databases (i.e. searching one will not give
> results for the other). I wasn't quite sure where to put this online.
>

> 1 Create a new instance of Xwiki
> # Create a folder with the name of the new Xwiki (i.e. support) in the
> tomcat/webapps folder)
> # Extract the xwiki war file into this folder
> # In the webinf/hibernate.cfg.xml file
> * modify {code:xml} <property
> name="connection.url">jdbc:mysql://localhost/xwiki</property> {code} replacing
> xwiki with the name of the new database you wish to create
> # create a new database with the same name as in the line above
> # import the sample database located here
> [http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/XWikiDownload] into your new database
>
> All set! Go to http://localhost/your_wiki_here/bin/view/Main/WebHome to check it
> out.
>
> Caution, you may wish to modify the index.html file to point to your url just in
> case.

RE: Create a new instance of Xwiki

Thomas.Duehrsen
Hi

is there also a way to setup virtual wikis based on the same hostname but different URL patterns?

Example:
http://www.myhost.ch/xwiki/wiki-1/
http://www.myhost.ch/xwiki/wiki-2/
http://www.myhost.ch/xwiki/wiki-3/

All URLs point to same Context.

In addition, could you please quickly explain the usage of

xwiki.base=../../

which can be found in the config file?

thanks a lot

Thomas

Lichman, Mark Eugene wrote:

> Hi Cwiki users,
>
> I noticed the instructions for adding another space, unfortunately
> this isn't quite what I needed.
>
> Here are some instuctions for creating a new instance of Xwiki in case
> you'd like to keep two completly separate databases (i.e. searching
> one will not give results for the other). I wasn't quite sure where to put this online.
>

> 1 Create a new instance of Xwiki
> # Create a folder with the name of the new Xwiki (i.e. support) in the
> tomcat/webapps folder) # Extract the xwiki war file into this folder #
> In the webinf/hibernate.cfg.xml file
> * modify {code:xml} <property
> name="connection.url">jdbc:mysql://localhost/xwiki</property> {code}
> replacing xwiki with the name of the new database you wish to create #
> create a new database with the same name as in the line above # import
> the sample database located here
> [http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/XWikiDownload] into your new
> database
>
> All set! Go to http://localhost/your_wiki_here/bin/view/Main/WebHome
> to check it out.
>
> Caution, you may wish to modify the index.html file to point to your
> url just in case.

RE: Create a new instance of Xwiki

Lichman, Mark Eugene
There are still several question which need to be answered but are not in this
documentation:

1a. Does this create a new database for the new XWiki?

1b. If so, where is this database created? or Is it necessary to manually create
a new database?

Following the instructions in the documentation without any additional work
results in the following error:

[code:xml]

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from
fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Error number 2 in 0: The wiki lcswiki does not
exist

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processException(RequestProcessor.java
:516)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.
java:423)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:226)
        org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1164)
        org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:397)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)

com.xpn.xwiki.web.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter
.java:127)

root cause

com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 2 in 0: The wiki lcswiki does not
exist
        com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getXWiki(XWiki.java:241)
        com.xpn.xwiki.web.ViewEditAction.execute(ViewEditAction.java:117)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.
java:421)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:226)
        org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1164)
        org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:397)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)

com.xpn.xwiki.web.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter
.java:127)
{code}

Lichman, Mark Eugene wrote:
> Hi Cwiki users,
>
> I noticed the instructions for adding another space, unfortunately this isn't
> quite what I needed.
>
> Here are some instuctions for creating a new instance of Xwiki in case you'd
> like to keep two completly separate databases (i.e. searching one will not
give

> results for the other). I wasn't quite sure where to put this online.
>

> 1 Create a new instance of Xwiki
> # Create a folder with the name of the new Xwiki (i.e. support) in the
> tomcat/webapps folder)
> # Extract the xwiki war file into this folder
> # In the webinf/hibernate.cfg.xml file
> * modify {code:xml} <property
> name="connection.url">jdbc:mysql://localhost/xwiki</property> {code} replacing
> xwiki with the name of the new database you wish to create
> # create a new database with the same name as in the line above
> # import the sample database located here
> [http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/XWikiDownload] into your new
database

> All set! Go to http://localhost/your_wiki_here/bin/view/Main/WebHome to check
it
> out.
>
> Caution, you may wish to modify the index.html file to point to your url just
in
> case.

Re: Create a new instance of Xwiki

It is technically possible from an XWiki standpoint but you need to send
all these URLs to the same web app in the servlet engine.. I have never
done this setup in tomcat yet..

Ludovic

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi
>
> is there also a way to setup virtual wikis based on the same hostname but different URL patterns?
>
> Example:
> http://www.myhost.ch/xwiki/wiki-1/
> http://www.myhost.ch/xwiki/wiki-2/
> http://www.myhost.ch/xwiki/wiki-3/
>
> All URLs point to same Context.
>
> In addition, could you please quickly explain the usage of
>
> xwiki.base=../../
>
> which can be found in the config file?
>
> thanks a lot
>
> Thomas

and what is

xwiki.base=../../

in the wiki.cfg used for?

Best Regards

Thomas

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi
>
> is there also a way to setup virtual wikis based on the same hostname but different URL patterns?
>
> Example:
> http://www.myhost.ch/xwiki/wiki-1/
> http://www.myhost.ch/xwiki/wiki-2/
> http://www.myhost.ch/xwiki/wiki-3/
>
> All URLs point to same Context.
>
> In addition, could you please quickly explain the usage of
>
> xwiki.base=../../
>
> which can be found in the config file?
>
> thanks a lot
>
> Thomas

No.. you need to create the database manually.. Your database name
should always be lower case and correspond to the name at the end of
XWikiServerXyzt (xyzt)

Ludovic