Quantcast

[GSOC-2017] DokuWiki importer

Abilashini Thiyagarajah
Hi,

I am Abilashini Thiyagarajah, a final year undergraduate of Department of
Computer Science and Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I am
interested to contribute to the project 'DokuWiki importer'. Currently I am
working on to understand the provided resources in the project description.
I will be so glad if I get some assistance to understand the requirements
of this project.

Thank you,
Abilashini

*Thiyagarajah Abilashini*
Student
University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka

Re: [GSOC-2017] DokuWiki importer

Hi Abilashini,

Welcome in the XWiki community !

In case you did not do it already you might want to take a look at
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/GoogleSummerOfCode/Guidelines.

For this project the goal is to write an "Input Filter" which support
Dokuwiki export format (whatever it is). The closed example you could
find for this is the MediaWiki Input Filter you can find on
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/MediaWiki/MediaWiki+XML/.

The general idea is that the extension should parse the Dokuwiki
file/package and generate standard "events" which are sent to the
Output Filter which turns those events into another format/storage
(like a XARfile , an XWiki database, etc.).

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 2:49 PM, Abilashini Thiyagarajah

> I am Abilashini Thiyagarajah, a final year undergraduate of Department of
> Computer Science and Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I am
> interested to contribute to the project 'DokuWiki importer'. Currently I am
> working on to understand the provided resources in the project description.
> I will be so glad if I get some assistance to understand the requirements
> of this project.
>
> Thank you,
> Abilashini
>
> *Thiyagarajah Abilashini*
> Student
> University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka

Re: [GSOC-2017] DokuWiki importer

Abilashini Thiyagarajah
Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the quick reply and the reference. I will continue my work to
get familiarized with the project and let you know my progress.

Best Regards,
Abilashini

*Thiyagarajah Abilashini*
Student
University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka

On 22 March 2017 at 19:59, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Abilashini,
>
> Welcome in the XWiki community !
>
> In case you did not do it already you might want to take a look at
> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/GoogleSummerOfCode/Guidelines.
>
> For this project the goal is to write an "Input Filter" which support
> Dokuwiki export format (whatever it is). The closed example you could
> find for this is the MediaWiki Input Filter you can find on
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/
> MediaWiki/MediaWiki+XML/.
>
> The general idea is that the extension should parse the Dokuwiki
> file/package and generate standard "events" which are sent to the
> Output Filter which turns those events into another format/storage
> (like a XARfile , an XWiki database, etc.).
>
> On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 2:49 PM, Abilashini Thiyagarajah
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am Abilashini Thiyagarajah, a final year undergraduate of Department of
> > Computer Science and Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I am
> > interested to contribute to the project 'DokuWiki importer'. Currently I
> am
> > working on to understand the provided resources in the project
> description.
> > I will be so glad if I get some assistance to understand the requirements
> > of this project.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Abilashini
> >
> > *Thiyagarajah Abilashini*
> > Student
> > Department of Computer Science and Engineering
> > University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka

Re: [GSOC-2017] DokuWiki importer

Abilashini Thiyagarajah
Hi Thomas,

I went through most of the online documents to understand the
functionalities of xwiki. But a little bit confused on how to get stated
with xwiki. It would be really helpful if I get some assistance to find out
the code base and the instructions to start with xwiki related to the
project.

Thanks in advance,
Abilashini

*Thiyagarajah Abilashini*
Student
University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka

On 22 March 2017 at 20:10, Abilashini Thiyagarajah <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thank you for the quick reply and the reference. I will continue my work
> to get familiarized with the project and let you know my progress.
>
> Best Regards,
> Abilashini
>
> *Thiyagarajah Abilashini*
> Student
> University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
>
> On 22 March 2017 at 19:59, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Abilashini,
>>
>> Welcome in the XWiki community !
>>
>> In case you did not do it already you might want to take a look at
>> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/GoogleSummerOfCode/Guidelines.
>>
>> For this project the goal is to write an "Input Filter" which support
>> Dokuwiki export format (whatever it is). The closed example you could
>> find for this is the MediaWiki Input Filter you can find on
>> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/MediaWi
>> ki/MediaWiki+XML/.
>>
>> The general idea is that the extension should parse the Dokuwiki
>> file/package and generate standard "events" which are sent to the
>> Output Filter which turns those events into another format/storage
>> (like a XARfile , an XWiki database, etc.).
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 2:49 PM, Abilashini Thiyagarajah
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I am Abilashini Thiyagarajah, a final year undergraduate of Department
>> of
>> > Computer Science and Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I
>> am
>> > interested to contribute to the project 'DokuWiki importer'. Currently
>> I am
>> > working on to understand the provided resources in the project
>> description.
>> > I will be so glad if I get some assistance to understand the
>> requirements
>> > of this project.
>> >
>> > Thank you,
>> > Abilashini
>> >
>> > *Thiyagarajah Abilashini*
>> > Student
>> > Department of Computer Science and Engineering
>> > University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
>>

>> --
>> Thomas Mortagne

Re: [GSOC-2017] DokuWiki importer

Did you look at
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/MediaWiki/MediaWiki+XML/.
? Because the Dokuwiki version will have the exact same structure than
this one.

You should try to build https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/mediawiki/
and look at the code of
https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/mediawiki/tree/master/mediawiki-xml.
The main entry point is the class
org.xwiki.filter.mediawiki.xml.internal.input.MediaWikiInputFilterStreamFactory.
You can also find unit tests in this project that you can execute to
debug how things are working.

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 11:41 AM, Abilashini Thiyagarajah
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> I went through most of the online documents to understand the
> functionalities of xwiki. But a little bit confused on how to get stated
> with xwiki. It would be really helpful if I get some assistance to find out
> the code base and the instructions to start with xwiki related to the
> project.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Abilashini
>
> Thiyagarajah Abilashini
> Student
> University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
>
> On 22 March 2017 at 20:10, Abilashini Thiyagarajah
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> Thank you for the quick reply and the reference. I will continue my work
>> to get familiarized with the project and let you know my progress.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Abilashini
>>
>> Thiyagarajah Abilashini
>> Student
>> University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
>>
>> On 22 March 2017 at 19:59, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Abilashini,
>>>
>>> Welcome in the XWiki community !
>>>
>>> In case you did not do it already you might want to take a look at
>>> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/GoogleSummerOfCode/Guidelines.
>>>
>>> For this project the goal is to write an "Input Filter" which support
>>> Dokuwiki export format (whatever it is). The closed example you could
>>> find for this is the MediaWiki Input Filter you can find on
>>>
>>> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/MediaWiki/MediaWiki+XML/.
>>>
>>> The general idea is that the extension should parse the Dokuwiki
>>> file/package and generate standard "events" which are sent to the
>>> Output Filter which turns those events into another format/storage
>>> (like a XARfile , an XWiki database, etc.).

>>> --
>>> Thomas Mortagne

Re: [GSOC-2017] DokuWiki importer

Actually I just renamed the wrongly named (was not following contrib
rules) class to
org.xwiki.contrib.mediawiki.xml.internal.input.MediaWikiInputFilterStreamFact.

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Thomas Mortagne
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Did you look at
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/MediaWiki/MediaWiki+XML/.
> ? Because the Dokuwiki version will have the exact same structure than
> this one.
>
> You should try to build https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/mediawiki/
> and look at the code of
> https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/mediawiki/tree/master/mediawiki-xml.
> The main entry point is the class
> org.xwiki.filter.mediawiki.xml.internal.input.MediaWikiInputFilterStreamFactory.
> You can also find unit tests in this project that you can execute to
> debug how things are working.
>
> On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 11:41 AM, Abilashini Thiyagarajah
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> I went through most of the online documents to understand the
>> functionalities of xwiki. But a little bit confused on how to get stated
>> with xwiki. It would be really helpful if I get some assistance to find out
>> the code base and the instructions to start with xwiki related to the
>> project.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Abilashini
>>
>> Thiyagarajah Abilashini
>> Student
>> University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
>>
>> On 22 March 2017 at 20:10, Abilashini Thiyagarajah
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Thomas,
>>>
>>> Thank you for the quick reply and the reference. I will continue my work
>>> to get familiarized with the project and let you know my progress.
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>> Abilashini
>>>
>>> Thiyagarajah Abilashini
>>> Student
>>> Department of Computer Science and Engineering
>>> University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka

Re: [GSOC-2017] DokuWiki importer

Abilashini Thiyagarajah
Hi ,

I am working to understand the process in the implementation of
MediaWiki-XML. Mean while I am preparing the proposal. The high level
concept behind this project will be as implementing a filter which
intercepts the DokuWiki input and converts into the events to be accepted
by the output filter (correct me if I am wrong). So now I have the question
on what are the events to be supported by the filter. I found this file [1]
saying as the events related to extensions. Is these are the events to be
considered? But this file does not state any explanation on each events. I
don't understand what are these stand for. Can I have any available
references which states about events?

[1]
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-commons/blob/master/xwiki-commons-core/xwiki-commons-filter/xwiki-commons-filter-events/xwiki-commons-filter-event-extension/src/main/java/org/xwiki/filter/event/extension/ExtensionFilter.java

Thanks and Regards,
Abilashini

*Thiyagarajah Abilashini*
Student
University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka

On 23 March 2017 at 16:30, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Actually I just renamed the wrongly named (was not following contrib
> rules) class to
> org.xwiki.contrib.mediawiki.xml.internal.input.
> MediaWikiInputFilterStreamFact.
>
> On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Thomas Mortagne
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Did you look at
> > http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/
> MediaWiki/MediaWiki+XML/.
> > ? Because the Dokuwiki version will have the exact same structure than
> > this one.
> >
> > You should try to build https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/mediawiki/
> > and look at the code of
> > https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/mediawiki/tree/master/mediawiki-xml.
> > The main entry point is the class
> > org.xwiki.filter.mediawiki.xml.internal.input.
> MediaWikiInputFilterStreamFactory.
> > You can also find unit tests in this project that you can execute to
> > debug how things are working.
> >
> > On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 11:41 AM, Abilashini Thiyagarajah
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi Thomas,
> >>
> >> I went through most of the online documents to understand the
> >> functionalities of xwiki. But a little bit confused on how to get stated
> >> with xwiki. It would be really helpful if I get some assistance to find
> out
> >> the code base and the instructions to start with xwiki related to the
> >> project.
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance,
> >> Abilashini
> >>
> >> Thiyagarajah Abilashini
> >> Student
> >> Department of Computer Science and Engineering
> >> University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka

> work

> MediaWiki/MediaWiki+XML/.

> Department
> Lanka. I
> Currently

> > --
> > Thomas Mortagne

Re: [GSOC-2017] DokuWiki importer

Again you should look at the events produced by the MediaWiki module.
Dokuwiki one will most probably produce exactly the same ones or very
close to it.

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 6:02 PM, Abilashini Thiyagarajah
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I am working to understand the process in the implementation of
> MediaWiki-XML. Mean while I am preparing the proposal. The high level
> concept behind this project will be as implementing a filter which
> intercepts the DokuWiki input and converts into the events to be accepted by
> the output filter (correct me if I am wrong). So now I have the question on
> what are the events to be supported by the filter. I found this file [1]
> saying as the events related to extensions. Is these are the events to be
> considered? But this file does not state any explanation on each events. I
> don't understand what are these stand for. Can I have any available
> references which states about events?
>
> [1]

> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-commons/blob/master/xwiki-commons-core/xwiki-commons-filter/xwiki-commons-filter-events/xwiki-commons-filter-event-extension/src/main/java/org/xwiki/filter/event/extension/ExtensionFilter.java

As Indicated in the javadoc these events are related to extensions
which I doubt you will find in any other context than pure XWiki
stuff.

> Thanks and Regards,
> Abilashini
>
> Thiyagarajah Abilashini
> Student
> University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
>
> On 23 March 2017 at 16:30, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Actually I just renamed the wrongly named (was not following contrib
>> rules) class to
>>
>> org.xwiki.contrib.mediawiki.xml.internal.input.MediaWikiInputFilterStreamFact.
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Thomas Mortagne
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Did you look at
>> >
>> > http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/MediaWiki/MediaWiki+XML/.
>> > ? Because the Dokuwiki version will have the exact same structure than
>> > this one.
>> >
>> > You should try to build https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/mediawiki/
>> > and look at the code of
>> > https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/mediawiki/tree/master/mediawiki-xml.
>> > The main entry point is the class
>> >
>> > org.xwiki.filter.mediawiki.xml.internal.input.MediaWikiInputFilterStreamFactory.
>> > You can also find unit tests in this project that you can execute to
>> > debug how things are working.

>> > --
>> > Thomas Mortagne
>>

>> --