The GSoC 2018 coding period has officially started.
I hope you have taken advantage of the bonding period to get up to speed
with the XWiki project, its code and documentation, and that you have a
pretty good idea of what you need to do to turn your project into a success.
As for tips and things that you need to do in the following (coding)
period, please make sure you read carefully the these 2 dedicated sections
 in the student guidelines , particularly:
* keeping your progress report page up to date 
* creating your design page as instructed 
* making your contribution to the XWiki project (pull request)
Working on your project is great, but it`s only half of the work that GSoC
involves. The other half is integrating into the community, letting people
know what your are working on, asking for help and learning to ask the
right questions, and generally communicating about yourself and your work.
In order to keep in touch, additionally to reading and being active on the
mailing list, you also need to be present on IRC as much as possible (at
least while you are working on your project) so that:
* people see you and can quickly get a hold of you
* you are exposed to everyday community activity that might spark your
* get more occasions to ask questions
* get more occasions to help others with their problems should you know the
Hope you are finding XWiki to be an interesting project and that you are
enjoying your GSoC so far.