Quantcast

[GSOC] Org registration deadline and admin needed

[GSOC] Org registration deadline and admin needed

Reminder: According to the timeline https://developers.google.com/
open-source/gsoc/timeline
February 9 16:00 UTC is the Mentoring organization application deadline.

Because of the differences in stipends for students around the world that
were introduced thi year, see https://developers.google.
com/open-source/gsoc/help/student-stipends
I will not be this year a mentor or an org administrator. I find the
segregation offensive and contrary to the principles I was promoting as
part of the GSOC program.

I ask someone else to continue with the registration process, in case we
want to attend. You can find all the documents needed at
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/GoogleSummerOfCode/
OrganizationAdministratorGuide

We also need proposals so mentors should revive proposals from previous
years or propose new ideas for this year.

Thanks,
Ecaterina Moraru
Eduard Moraru

Re: [GSOC] Org registration deadline and admin needed

Several people indicated that they wanted to be a mentor so I will
take care of admin work this year (for once).

On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 5:42 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)

> Reminder: According to the timeline https://developers.google.com/
> open-source/gsoc/timeline
> February 9 16:00 UTC is the Mentoring organization application deadline.
>
> Because of the differences in stipends for students around the world that
> were introduced thi year, see https://developers.google.
> com/open-source/gsoc/help/student-stipends
> I will not be this year a mentor or an org administrator. I find the
> segregation offensive and contrary to the principles I was promoting as
> part of the GSOC program.
>
> I ask someone else to continue with the registration process, in case we
> want to attend. You can find all the documents needed at
> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/GoogleSummerOfCode/
> OrganizationAdministratorGuide
>
> We also need proposals so mentors should revive proposals from previous
> years or propose new ideas for this year.
>
> Thanks,
> Ecaterina Moraru
> Eduard Moraru

Re: [GSOC] Org registration deadline and admin needed

Thanks Thomas!

-Vincent

> On 6 Feb 2017, at 11:23, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Several people indicated that they wanted to be a mentor so I will
> take care of admin work this year (for once).
>
> On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 5:42 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Reminder: According to the timeline https://developers.google.com/
>> open-source/gsoc/timeline
>> February 9 16:00 UTC is the Mentoring organization application deadline.
>>
>> Because of the differences in stipends for students around the world that
>> were introduced thi year, see https://developers.google.
>> com/open-source/gsoc/help/student-stipends
>> I will not be this year a mentor or an org administrator. I find the
>> segregation offensive and contrary to the principles I was promoting as
>> part of the GSOC program.
>>
>> I ask someone else to continue with the registration process, in case we
>> want to attend. You can find all the documents needed at
>> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/GoogleSummerOfCode/
>> OrganizationAdministratorGuide
>>
>> We also need proposals so mentors should revive proposals from previous
>> years or propose new ideas for this year.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ecaterina Moraru
>> Eduard Moraru

Re: [GSOC] Org registration deadline and admin needed

Application done and Vincent is co-admin.