[GSOC] [REMINDER] Mid-term evaluation deadline

[GSOC] [REMINDER] Mid-term evaluation deadline

Eduard Moraru
Hello GSoC students and mentors,

I would like to remind you that this week (9-13 July) is the mid-term
evaluation where it is decided if the student is on track and if (s)he
should pass or fail. The deadline [1] is 19:00 UTC on 13 July.

= Students =

1. Please make sure that your project's page [2] is updated and that the
*progress* field contains an up to date description of your current
progress/status/etc. This is important for those that did not follow your
evolution closely and it is also useful for you to better manage your
work/time. It might also contribute to your evaluation, so please do not
neglect it.
2. Please make sure that you fill in the mid-term evaluation form on
Google's melange [3]. Google is being pretty strict about it this year, so
make sure you don`t forget to do it before the deadline.

= Mentors =

1. Please make sure that you evaluate your student's current work on
Google's melange [3].

I hope you`ve enjoyed the first part of GSoC at XWiki. Hope to see you for
the second one with shiny and successful projects ;)

Thanks,
Eduard

Re: [GSOC] [REMINDER] Mid-term evaluation deadline

jssolichin
Hello friends,

First I want to thank the community again for this wonderful opportunity. I
definitely have learned a lot and am still learning. Additionally, Thank
you for the reminder to do the midterm evaluation.

1. Please make sure that your project's page [2] is updated and that the
> *progress* field contains an up to date description of your current
> progress/status/etc. This is important for those that did not follow your
> evolution closely and it is also useful for you to better manage your
> work/time. It might also contribute to your evaluation, so please do not
> neglect it.

I also wanted to apologize at my failure to do this. I misunderstood, and
have been updating only the design page. I have since updated the gsoc
page, and it is hopefully sufficient. Please do not hesitate to let me know
any issues, or any improvement that I should make (eg. if I am being too
detailed/not detailed enough).

Finally, I want to thank specifically Jerome and Caty, who have given me
great advice and support on my project throughout the first part of gsoc.
Definitely made the experience much more comfortable. And of course to
everyone who dropped by to give their input; every single one made the
responsive skin project better.

Thank you everyone for your patience, and continual support!

Best regards,
Jonathan Solichin

Re: [GSOC] [REMINDER] Mid-term evaluation deadline

sasinda
Hi friends,
Like Jonathan, I also  Thank you all in the community for providing me this
great opportunity. I learnt a lot from it. I had a big experience specially
since the project assigned to me was a platform project.

Links for the eval.
Progress page:
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/GoogleSummerOfCode/ImproveandroidXWikiconnector

Initial Design proposal:
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/XWikiAndroidPlatfrom ( Well
don't read it much ;-). I did it without a clear pic, in the community
bonding period)
The evolved design: http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/XWikiAndroid
source code: https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/android-client/
build:
http://maven.xwiki.org/snapshots/org/xwiki/android/xwiki-android-client/1.0-SNAPSHOT/

If u are running the apk build using an emulator name the AVD as "android-7"
;-).

Thanks
Best Regards.
Sasinda Rukshan.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 1:26 PM, Jonathan Solichin <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hello friends,
>
> First I want to thank the community again for this wonderful opportunity. I
> definitely have learned a lot and am still learning. Additionally, Thank
> you for the reminder to do the midterm evaluation.
>
> 1. Please make sure that your project's page [2] is updated and that the
> > *progress* field contains an up to date description of your current
> > progress/status/etc. This is important for those that did not follow your
> > evolution closely and it is also useful for you to better manage your
> > work/time. It might also contribute to your evaluation, so please do not
> > neglect it.
>
> I also wanted to apologize at my failure to do this. I misunderstood, and
> have been updating only the design page. I have since updated the gsoc
> page, and it is hopefully sufficient. Please do not hesitate to let me know
> any issues, or any improvement that I should make (eg. if I am being too
> detailed/not detailed enough).
>
> Finally, I want to thank specifically Jerome and Caty, who have given me
> great advice and support on my project throughout the first part of gsoc.
> Definitely made the experience much more comfortable. And of course to
> everyone who dropped by to give their input; every single one made the
> responsive skin project better.
>
> Thank you everyone for your patience, and continual support!
>
> Best regards,
> Jonathan Solichin

Re: [GSOC] [REMINDER] Mid-term evaluation deadline

savitha sundaramurthy
Hi All,

      I would like to thank the community for providing me this wonderful
opportunity.This was a great
learning experience so far. My sincere thanks to Paul for his valuable
inputs and patience . And thanks
to everyone for their feedback which made this project to a better shape.

Here is the link to my progress page:
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/GoogleSummerOfCode/SOLRsearchcomponent

Running instance:
http://ec2-50-19-181-163.compute-1.amazonaws.com:8080/xwiki/bin/view/Search/Search

Design page:
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/SOLRSearchComponent

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 4:59 AM, sasinda rukshan
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi friends,
> Like Jonathan, I also  Thank you all in the community for providing me this
> great opportunity. I learnt a lot from it. I had a big experience specially
> since the project assigned to me was a platform project.
>
> Links for the eval.
> Progress page:
>
> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/GoogleSummerOfCode/ImproveandroidXWikiconnector
>
> Initial Design proposal:
> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/XWikiAndroidPlatfrom ( Well
> don't read it much ;-). I did it without a clear pic, in the community
> bonding period)
> The evolved design:
> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/XWikiAndroid
> source code: https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/android-client/
> build:
>
> http://maven.xwiki.org/snapshots/org/xwiki/android/xwiki-android-client/1.0-SNAPSHOT/
>
> If u are running the apk build using an emulator name the AVD as
> "android-7"
> ;-).
>
> Thanks
> Best Regards.
> Sasinda Rukshan.
>

> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 1:26 PM, Jonathan Solichin <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > Hello friends,
> >
> > First I want to thank the community again for this wonderful
> opportunity. I
> > definitely have learned a lot and am still learning. Additionally, Thank
> > you for the reminder to do the midterm evaluation.
> >
> > 1. Please make sure that your project's page [2] is updated and that the
> > > *progress* field contains an up to date description of your current
> > > progress/status/etc. This is important for those that did not follow
> your
> > > evolution closely and it is also useful for you to better manage your
> > > work/time. It might also contribute to your evaluation, so please do
> not
> > > neglect it.
> >
> > I also wanted to apologize at my failure to do this. I misunderstood, and
> > have been updating only the design page. I have since updated the gsoc
> > page, and it is hopefully sufficient. Please do not hesitate to let me
> know
> > any issues, or any improvement that I should make (eg. if I am being too
> > detailed/not detailed enough).
> >
> > Finally, I want to thank specifically Jerome and Caty, who have given me
> > great advice and support on my project throughout the first part of gsoc.
> > Definitely made the experience much more comfortable. And of course to
> > everyone who dropped by to give their input; every single one made the
> > responsive skin project better.
> >
> > Thank you everyone for your patience, and continual support!
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Jonathan Solichin

Savitha.

Re: [GSOC] [REMINDER] Mid-term evaluation deadline

jssolichin
Hello friends,

Inspired by my fellow students, I thought it would behoove me to paste some
links as well.

Progress page:
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/GoogleSummerOfCode/ResponsiveskinbasedonFoundation

Live instance:  http://23.21.87.183:8080/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome
Design page:  http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/ResponsiveSkin

Implementation source: https://github.com/jssolichin/xo5
Original (proof of concept) codes: https://github.com/jssolichin/xorange

Thanks everyone!
Jonathan Solichin

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 12:56 AM, Jonathan Solichin <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hello friends,
>
> First I want to thank the community again for this wonderful opportunity.
> I definitely have learned a lot and am still learning. Additionally, Thank
> you for the reminder to do the midterm evaluation.
>
> 1. Please make sure that your project's page [2] is updated and that the
>> *progress* field contains an up to date description of your current
>> progress/status/etc. This is important for those that did not follow your
>> evolution closely and it is also useful for you to better manage your
>> work/time. It might also contribute to your evaluation, so please do not
>> neglect it.
>
> I also wanted to apologize at my failure to do this. I misunderstood, and
> have been updating only the design page. I have since updated the gsoc
> page, and it is hopefully sufficient. Please do not hesitate to let me know
> any issues, or any improvement that I should make (eg. if I am being too
> detailed/not detailed enough).
>
> Finally, I want to thank specifically Jerome and Caty, who have given me
> great advice and support on my project throughout the first part of gsoc.
> Definitely made the experience much more comfortable. And of course to
> everyone who dropped by to give their input; every single one made the
> responsive skin project better.
>
> Thank you everyone for your patience, and continual support!
>
> Best regards,
> Jonathan Solichin

Re: [GSOC] [REMINDER] Mid-term evaluation deadline

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
Great job guys and girls :) and nice progress on your part.

Thank you all for the status and the kind words you said about our
community and I am very glad that you are being part of it.

The results for the midterm evaluation will be available soon.
Keep up the good work,
Caty