[GSOC] Release of version 1.0 of DokuWiki importer

[GSOC] Release of version 1.0 of DokuWiki importer

Shubham Jain
Greetings everyone!

I’m delighted to announce the first stable public release of the Dokuwiki importer, completing my GSOC project.

This importer can now:

        > Support all supported archives from apache compress as both File and streaming input.

        > Can import user data, document revision, and also attachments.

        > Using the syntax parser from M2, it can convert the dokuwiki syntax to xwiki/2.1 syntax strings.

This can be downloaded from the extension page here: http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/DokuWiki/ <http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/DokuWiki/>

Note: The syntax parser can also be used separately to parse dokuwiki syntax.

Suggestions/bugs are welcome!

Thanks!
Shubham Jain

Re: [GSOC] Release of version 1.0 of DokuWiki importer

Hi Shubham,

This is awesome :)

I’m not a dokuwiki user though so I won’t be able to test it but I think it would be nice if you could also send an ANN on https://forum.xwiki.org/c/News to advertise it more.

> On 29 Aug 2017, at 13:17, Shubham Jain <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Greetings everyone!
>

> I’m delighted to announce the first stable public release of the Dokuwiki importer, completing my GSOC project.
>
> This importer can now:
>
> > Support all supported archives from apache compress as both File and streaming input.
>
> > Can import user data, document revision, and also attachments.
>
> > Using the syntax parser from M2, it can convert the dokuwiki syntax to xwiki/2.1 syntax strings.
>

> This can be downloaded from the extension page here: http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/DokuWiki/ <http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/DokuWiki/>
>
> Note: The syntax parser can also be used separately to parse dokuwiki syntax.
>
> Suggestions/bugs are welcome!
>
> Thanks!
> Shubham Jain

Re: [GSOC] Release of version 1.0 of DokuWiki importer

Shubham Jain
Hi Vincent,

Awesome, I'll send an ANN to xwiki forums. :)

Best,
Shubham

Sent from my iPhone

> On 29-Aug-2017, at 4:50 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Shubham,
>
> This is awesome :)
>
> I’m not a dokuwiki user though so I won’t be able to test it but I think it would be nice if you could also send an ANN on https://forum.xwiki.org/c/News to advertise it more.

>> On 29 Aug 2017, at 13:17, Shubham Jain <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Greetings everyone!
>>

>> I’m delighted to announce the first stable public release of the Dokuwiki importer, completing my GSOC project.
>>
>> This importer can now:
>>
>>    > Support all supported archives from apache compress as both File and streaming input.
>>
>>    > Can import user data, document revision, and also attachments.
>>
>>    > Using the syntax parser from M2, it can convert the dokuwiki syntax to xwiki/2.1 syntax strings.
>>

>> This can be downloaded from the extension page here: http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/DokuWiki/ <http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/DokuWiki/>
>>
>> Note: The syntax parser can also be used separately to parse dokuwiki syntax.
>>
>> Suggestions/bugs are welcome!
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Shubham Jain

Re: [GSOC] Release of version 1.0 of DokuWiki importer

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
Hi Shubham,

I'm not a DocuWiki user either, but at a first glance looks great.

I'm curious if we could install what you did on
http://rendering.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/ and be able to use the demo
http://rendering.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/#HDemo to convert from one
syntax to another.

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 2:43 PM, Shubham Jain <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Vincent,
>
> Awesome, I'll send an ANN to xwiki forums. :)
>
> Best,
> Shubham
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> > On 29-Aug-2017, at 4:50 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Shubham,
> >
> > This is awesome :)
> >
> > I’m not a dokuwiki user though so I won’t be able to test it but I think
> it would be nice if you could also send an ANN on
> https://forum.xwiki.org/c/News to advertise it more.
> >
> > WDYT?

> >> On 29 Aug 2017, at 13:17, Shubham Jain <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Greetings everyone!
> >>

> >> I’m delighted to announce the first stable public release of the
> Dokuwiki importer, completing my GSOC project.
> >>
> >> This importer can now:
> >>
> >>    > Support all supported archives from apache compress as both File
> and streaming input.
> >>
> >>    > Can import user data, document revision, and also attachments.
> >>
> >>    > Using the syntax parser from M2, it can convert the dokuwiki
> syntax to xwiki/2.1 syntax strings.
> >>

> >> This can be downloaded from the extension page here:
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/DokuWiki/ <
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/DokuWiki/>
> >>
> >> Note: The syntax parser can also be used separately to parse dokuwiki
> syntax.
> >>
> >> Suggestions/bugs are welcome!
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >> Shubham Jain

Re: [GSOC] Release of version 1.0 of DokuWiki importer

> On 29 Aug 2017, at 14:09, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Shubham,
>
> I'm not a DocuWiki user either, but at a first glance looks great.
>
> I'm curious if we could install what you did on
> http://rendering.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/ and be able to use the demo
> http://rendering.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/#HDemo to convert from one
> syntax to another.
>
> WDYT?

Done.

Note that the dokuwiki name should have an uppercase “D” :)

> Caty
>
> On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 2:43 PM, Shubham Jain <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Vincent,
>>
>> Awesome, I'll send an ANN to xwiki forums. :)
>>
>> Best,
>> Shubham
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>> On 29-Aug-2017, at 4:50 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Shubham,
>>>
>>> This is awesome :)
>>>
>>> I’m not a dokuwiki user though so I won’t be able to test it but I think
>> it would be nice if you could also send an ANN on
>> https://forum.xwiki.org/c/News to advertise it more.
>>>
>>> WDYT?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> -Vincent

>> Dokuwiki importer, completing my GSOC project.

>> and streaming input.

>> syntax to xwiki/2.1 syntax strings.

>> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/DokuWiki/ <
>> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/DokuWiki/>

>> syntax.

Re: [GSOC] Release of version 1.0 of DokuWiki importer

> On 29 Aug 2017, at 14:14, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 29 Aug 2017, at 14:09, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Shubham,
>>
>> I'm not a DocuWiki user either, but at a first glance looks great.
>>
>> I'm curious if we could install what you did on
>> http://rendering.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/ and be able to use the demo
>> http://rendering.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/#HDemo to convert from one
>> syntax to another.
>>
>> WDYT?
>
> Done.
>
> Note that the dokuwiki name should have an uppercase “D” :)

Seems there are several bugs with spaces when lines overflow and linebreaks. For example:

Input:

"This is some text with some linebreaks\\ Note that the
two backslashes are only recognized at the end of a line\\
or followed by\\ a whitespace \\this happens without it.”

Results (in xwiki/2.1):

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 3:16 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > On 29 Aug 2017, at 14:14, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> >> On 29 Aug 2017, at 14:09, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Shubham,
> >>
> >> I'm not a DocuWiki user either, but at a first glance looks great.
> >>
> >> I'm curious if we could install what you did on
> >> http://rendering.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/ and be able to use the
> demo
> >> http://rendering.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/#HDemo to convert from
> one
> >> syntax to another.
> >>
> >> WDYT?
> >
> > Done.

This is much easier to test. Thank you.

It works great for the most parts :)

There are some bugs with:
- Interwiki links:

> [[doku>Interwiki]]
>
> - Image links:

[[http://php.net|{{wiki:dokuwiki-128.png}}]]

- Lists:

- The same list but ordered
> - Another item
> - Another item
> - Another item

From what I rapidly tested.

> > Note that the dokuwiki name should have an uppercase “D” :)
>
> Seems there are several bugs with spaces when lines overflow and
> linebreaks. For example:
>
> Input:
>
> "This is some text with some linebreaks\\ Note that the
> two backslashes are only recognized at the end of a line\\
> or followed by\\ a whitespace \\this happens without it.”
>
> Results (in xwiki/2.1):
>
> “
> This is some text with some linebreaks
> Note that thetwo backslashes are only recognized at the end of a line~\~\
>
> or followed by
> a whitespace ~\~\this happens without it.
> “

> >> Thanks,
> >> Caty

> think

Re: [GSOC] Release of version 1.0 of DokuWiki importer

Would be great you create issues on
https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/DOKUWIKI ;)

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 2:21 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> demo
>> one

>> > Done.
>>

> This is much easier to test. Thank you.
>
> It works great for the most parts :)
>
> There are some bugs with:
> - Interwiki links:
>
>> [[doku>Interwiki]]
>>
>> - Image links:
>
> [[http://php.net|{{wiki:dokuwiki-128.png}}]]
>>
> - Lists:
>
> - The same list but ordered
>> - Another item
>> - Another item
>> - Another item
>>
> From what I rapidly tested.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Caty
>

>> > Note that the dokuwiki name should have an uppercase “D” :)
>>
>> Seems there are several bugs with spaces when lines overflow and
>> linebreaks. For example:
>>
>> Input:
>>
>> "This is some text with some linebreaks\\ Note that the
>> two backslashes are only recognized at the end of a line\\
>> or followed by\\ a whitespace \\this happens without it.”
>>
>> Results (in xwiki/2.1):
>>
>> “
>> This is some text with some linebreaks
>> Note that thetwo backslashes are only recognized at the end of a line~\~\
>>
>> or followed by
>> a whitespace ~\~\this happens without it.
>> “

>> > Thanks
>> > -Vincent

>> think

Re: [GSOC] Release of version 1.0 of DokuWiki importer

You’re right, I was lazy and wanted to escape it… done now: https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/DOKUWIKI-2

thanks
-Vincent

> On 29 Aug 2017, at 14:25, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Would be great you create issues on
> https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/DOKUWIKI ;)
>
> On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 2:21 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> demo
>>> one

>> This is much easier to test. Thank you.
>>
>> It works great for the most parts :)
>>
>> There are some bugs with:
>> - Interwiki links:
>>
>>> [[doku>Interwiki]]
>>>
>>> - Image links:
>>
>> [[http://php.net|{{wiki:dokuwiki-128.png}}]]
>>>
>> - Lists:
>>
>> - The same list but ordered
>>> - Another item
>>> - Another item
>>> - Another item
>>>
>> From what I rapidly tested.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Caty

>>> Seems there are several bugs with spaces when lines overflow and
>>> linebreaks. For example:
>>>
>>> Input:
>>>
>>> "This is some text with some linebreaks\\ Note that the
>>> two backslashes are only recognized at the end of a line\\
>>> or followed by\\ a whitespace \\this happens without it.”
>>>
>>> Results (in xwiki/2.1):
>>>
>>> “
>>> This is some text with some linebreaks
>>> Note that thetwo backslashes are only recognized at the end of a line~\~\
>>>
>>> or followed by
>>> a whitespace ~\~\this happens without it.
>>> “
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> -Vincent

>>> think

Re: [GSOC] Release of version 1.0 of DokuWiki importer

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
I've also reported
- https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/DOKUWIKI-3
- https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/DOKUWIKI-4
- https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/DOKUWIKI-5

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 3:59 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You’re right, I was lazy and wanted to escape it… done now:
> https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/DOKUWIKI-2
>
> thanks
> -Vincent
>
> > On 29 Aug 2017, at 14:25, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Would be great you create issues on
> > https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/DOKUWIKI ;)
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 2:21 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [hidden email]>

> the
> from

> >> This is much easier to test. Thank you.
> >>
> >> It works great for the most parts :)
> >>
> >> There are some bugs with:
> >> - Interwiki links:

> >> [[http://php.net|{{wiki:dokuwiki-128.png}}]]
> >>>
> >> - Lists:
> >>
> >> - The same list but ordered
> >>>
> >> From what I rapidly tested.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Caty

> line~\~\

> [hidden email]>

> dokuwiki

> > --
> > Thomas Mortagne

Re: [GSOC] Release of version 1.0 of DokuWiki importer

Shubham Jain
This: http://rendering.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/#HDemo <http://rendering.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/#HDemo>, looks like a great way to test the syntax parser.

@caty @vincent Thanks for reporting the bugs, i’ll fix them ASAP. I’ve mostly tested with intermediate output, and thus haven’t seen much of the behaviour in final XWiki strings.

@vincent The project had problems with making is capital ‘D’, Thomas is aware of the issue.

Best
Shubham

> [...]

>>> WDYT?
>>
>> Done.
>>
>> Note that the dokuwiki name should have an uppercase “D” :)
>
> Seems there are several bugs with spaces when lines overflow and linebreaks. For example:
>
> Input:
>
> "This is some text with some linebreaks\\ Note that the
> two backslashes are only recognized at the end of a line\\
> or followed by\\ a whitespace \\this happens without it.”
>
> Results (in xwiki/2.1):
>
> “
> This is some text with some linebreaks
> Note that thetwo backslashes are only recognized at the end of a line~\~\
>
> or followed by
> a whitespace ~\~\this happens without it.
> “

>>> Thanks,
>>> Caty

Re: [GSOC] Release of version 1.0 of DokuWiki importer

The not so nice name is actually because of
https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XRENDERING-478.