[GSOC] [RoadMap] Xwiki Android

sasinda
Dear Thomas,

*RoadMap.*
1)Complete SyncDaemon
2)Complete Encryption features. ( The module will not be fully specified.
Only little functionality for this project)
3)Do full documentation of the current platform. (quick starts,
contribution guides ...) <<need opinion. Is documentation considered part
of GSoC?
4)Junit Tests (for the new high level rest layer,  xwiki Domain model
persistence)
5)Some more UI demos. (what about making a View-Generator-Engine as a
reusable component to generate android view widgets for Document and its
parts?. Only objection with me is time concerns)

Extra:

I did not do that announcement yet :-). Hope you are not angry with me. I
planned to do it after I add UI to demonstrate "Sync Daemon". Currently you
can only manually save and  do the publishing later.

I hope to complete SyncDaemon demo, Encryption by the end of this week.
(Then only left will be Junit tests and some more UI demos to show adding
comments , attachments to the android's XWiki Domain model).
I will be completing the RAL layer without the querry methods.
Querry methods are a lot of big work. I'll  just note the idea here.
ex: querry all documents with a blogpost object or a blog category object.
How to do:
Make 2 instances of Document Object (doc1, doc2)
doc1.addObject( XBlogPost)
doc2.addObject(XBlogCategory)

in the RAL :     DocumentRao.querry( doc1, doc2)         <<here querry
method signature is querry(Document ... docs)

:-) This is very highlevel. And I am not smart enough to fully implement
it. (slight idea of using QuerryBuilders and Filter Chains  :-( )
So I want implement it.

Also the test build is not working.
The test modules are running up to mvn phase apk. Shall I see to it later,
when I add my own Junit tests.

Regards.
Sasinda.

Re: [GSOC] [RoadMap] Xwiki Android

sasinda
Hi Thomas,
*Road Map: Status*
*
*
1)Complete SyncDaemon  [done. some fine tuning needed]
2)Encryption features  [currently working on]
3)Do full documentation of the current platform.[done]
4)JUnit tests [next week]
5)

I have uploaded the documentation set in a zip file at
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30342197/Full%20Documentation.zip   .Feel free to
ask for clarifications and point out mistakes,improvements if needed.[start
with INDEX-XWiki Android]. Where shall I publish them ? In
the extension space (where Chamika's Documentation is) or the design space?.

Regards,
Sasinda Rukshan

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 12:41 PM, sasinda rukshan
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
> *Road Map: Status*
> *
> *
> 1)Complete SyncDaemon  [done. some fine tuning needed]
> 2)Encryption features  [currently working on]
> 3)Do full documentation of the current platform.[done]
> 4)JUnit tests [next week]
> 5)
>
> I have attached the documentation in a zip file.Feel free to ask for
> clarifications if needed.[start with INDEX-XWiki Android]. Where shall I
> publish them ? In the extension space (where Chamika's Documentation is) or
> the design space?.
>
> Regards,
> Sasinda Rukshan.
>

> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 9:20 AM, sasinda rukshan <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
>
>> Dear Thomas,
>>
>> *RoadMap.*
>> 1)Complete SyncDaemon
>> 2)Complete Encryption features. ( The module will not be fully specified.
>> Only little functionality for this project)
>> 3)Do full documentation of the current platform. (quick starts,
>> contribution guides ...) <<need opinion. Is documentation considered part
>> of GSoC?
>> 4)Junit Tests (for the new high level rest layer,  xwiki Domain model
>> persistence)
>> 5)Some more UI demos. (what about making a View-Generator-Engine as a
>> reusable component to generate android view widgets for Document and its
>> parts?. Only objection with me is time concerns)
>>
>> Extra:
>>
>> I did not do that announcement yet :-). Hope you are not angry with me. I
>> planned to do it after I add UI to demonstrate "Sync Daemon". Currently you
>> can only manually save and  do the publishing later.
>>
>> I hope to complete SyncDaemon demo, Encryption by the end of this week.
>> (Then only left will be Junit tests and some more UI demos to show adding
>> comments , attachments to the android's XWiki Domain model).
>> I will be completing the RAL layer without the querry methods.
>> Querry methods are a lot of big work. I'll  just note the idea here.
>> ex: querry all documents with a blogpost object or a blog category object.
>> How to do:
>> Make 2 instances of Document Object (doc1, doc2)
>> doc1.addObject( XBlogPost)
>> doc2.addObject(XBlogCategory)
>>
>> in the RAL :     DocumentRao.querry( doc1, doc2)         <<here querry
>> method signature is querry(Document ... docs)
>>
>> :-) This is very highlevel. And I am not smart enough to fully implement
>> it. (slight idea of using QuerryBuilders and Filter Chains  :-( )
>> So I want implement it.
>>

>> Also the test build is not working.
>> The test modules are running up to mvn phase apk. Shall I see to it
>> later, when I add my own Junit tests.
>>

>> Regards.
>>  Sasinda.

Re: [GSOC] [RoadMap] Xwiki Android

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 10:51 AM, sasinda rukshan
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
> *Road Map: Status*
> *
> *
> 1)Complete SyncDaemon  [done. some fine tuning needed]
> 2)Encryption features  [currently working on]
> 3)Do full documentation of the current platform.[done]
> 4)JUnit tests [next week]
> 5)
>
> I have uploaded the documentation set in a zip file at
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30342197/Full%20Documentation.zip   .Feel free to
> ask for clarifications and point out mistakes,improvements if needed.[start
> with INDEX-XWiki Android]. Where shall I publish them ? In
> the extension space (where Chamika's Documentation is) or the design space?.
>
> Regards,
> Sasinda Rukshan
>
> On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 12:41 PM, sasinda rukshan
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Hi Thomas,
>> *Road Map: Status*
>> *
>> *
>> 1)Complete SyncDaemon  [done. some fine tuning needed]
>> 2)Encryption features  [currently working on]
>> 3)Do full documentation of the current platform.[done]
>> 4)JUnit tests [next week]
>> 5)
>>
>> I have attached the documentation in a zip file.Feel free to ask for
>> clarifications if needed.[start with INDEX-XWiki Android]. Where shall I
>> publish them ? In the extension space (where Chamika's Documentation is) or
>> the design space?.

Design space is for things not yet done so yes the right place in
where the current documentation is. Basically to need to change the
existing documentation to reflec the new state.