[GSOC Update 5] Redpen Integration

deshengchuan
Hi all this is another update regarding the integration of Redpen, aka the Content Checker extension. As of now, I have finally implemented dictionary-based validators (validators that check for invalid or subpar expressions). With this, most of the validators will be easily added within the configurable class of the extension.

Feel free to check the design page for the UI implementation: http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/RedPenIntegration

Also, the output of the document checks are currently registered in the logs, and are separated into warnings and errors. The determination of whether a particular validator setting gives a warning or an error is registered in the xwiki.properties file. The automatic validation function also cancels document saves when errors are registered by Redpen.

There are now two core milestones to be done on this extension. First and critically, I would need to implement functional test, especially on the Configurable classes. To this end, I would appreciate any advise on how I can implement this (I have previously only created a functional test to test the entry of expressions into the Dictionary part of the extension.)

After that, I would then implement the Job module of this extension. (The Job will be accessible in another tab, 'Job', below the current Dictionary tab in the Administration UI panel.)

I would greatly appreciate any advice on what else needs to be added regarding the Content Checker functionality, and with the implementation of functional tests. Thank you!

Re: [GSOC Update 5] Redpen Integration

Hi Desheng,

Thanks for this update! I’ll check it out in the coming days. I’m going to a company seminar for one week but I’ll try to check it out from there.

> On 20 Jul 2017, at 10:10, deshengchuan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all this is another update regarding the integration of Redpen, aka the
> Content Checker extension. As of now, I have finally implemented
> dictionary-based validators (validators that check for invalid or subpar
> expressions). With this, most of the validators will be easily added within
> the configurable class of the extension.
>
> Feel free to check the design page for the UI implementation:
> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/RedPenIntegration
> <http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/RedPenIntegration>
>
> Also, the output of the document checks are currently registered in the
> logs, and are separated into warnings and errors. The determination of
> whether a particular validator setting gives a warning or an error is
> registered in the xwiki.properties file. The automatic validation function
> also cancels document saves when errors are registered by Redpen.
>
> There are now two core milestones to be done on this extension. First and
> critically, I would need to implement functional test, especially on the
> Configurable classes. To this end, I would appreciate any advise on how I
> can implement this (I have previously only created a functional test to test
> the entry of expressions into the Dictionary part of the extension.)
>
> After that, I would then implement the Job module of this extension. (The
> Job will be accessible in another tab, 'Job', below the current Dictionary
> tab in the Administration UI panel.)
>
> I would greatly appreciate any advice on what else needs to be added
> regarding the Content Checker functionality, and with the implementation of
> functional tests. Thank you!

Re: [GSOC Update 5] Redpen Integration

Hi Desheng,

I did some review especially on the configuration part but didn’t see your reply. Maybe you missed it?

Right now we need a working release of the RedPen integration, as an extension that can be installed in XWiki. What’s the status on having it working fully?