GSOC Work - Deadline

Hi GSOC students,

This is a reminder that there’s a deadline approaching soon:
"August 21-29: Students submit their work product (code) and a final evaluation of their Mentor”

On my side, I’m mentoring 2 projects:

* The Glossary Application project. Unfortunately this one failed the first review since not enough work was done. However Sarthak mentioned to me that he wanted to continue but he probably lost faith since I haven’t seen any work done. Sarthak, could you confirm that you dropped the topic altogether?

* The RedPen integration. There’s been several commits done and several status emails sent but it seems it’s lagging behind quite substantially since we’ve yet to see any working prototype. Desheng, it’s really important that you release ASAP a first working version on extensions.xwiki.org (that’s a condition of success) that we can try and install in our own XWiki instances.

Re: GSOC Work - Deadline

Shubham Jain
Hi Vincent

This week I'm planning to complete most of the remainder modules, like: page revisions and attachments. There are two extensions already available on the extension store, and the next week I'll wrap up the remaining URL related differences.

Thomas has been an amazing mentor, and I've really enjoyed working so far. I'm hoping to see this extension used by some interesting tasks :)

Thanks
Shubham

> On 16-Aug-2017, at 12:23 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi GSOC students,
>
> This is a reminder that there’s a deadline approaching soon:
> "August 21-29: Students submit their work product (code) and a final evaluation of their Mentor”
>
> On my side, I’m mentoring 2 projects:
>
> * The Glossary Application project. Unfortunately this one failed the first review since not enough work was done. However Sarthak mentioned to me that he wanted to continue but he probably lost faith since I haven’t seen any work done. Sarthak, could you confirm that you dropped the topic altogether?
>
> * The RedPen integration. There’s been several commits done and several status emails sent but it seems it’s lagging behind quite substantially since we’ve yet to see any working prototype. Desheng, it’s really important that you release ASAP a first working version on extensions.xwiki.org (that’s a condition of success) that we can try and install in our own XWiki instances.

Re: GSOC Work - Deadline

Thanks Shubham. I see you’ve now released a working version 1.0 and that’s awesome.

@Desheng: Could you tell us about your status and reply to my mail below? The google final evals open today and we’ve yet to see a working released version of the RedPen integration. Any problem you’re facing and where we could help you out?