[GSOC]how to convert html to xwiki syntax

12

Re: [GSOC]how to convert html to xwiki syntax

Axel-16
It's probably not very difficult to add another HTML to XWiki
converter[1] to the my Java Wikipedia API [2].
You can try the converter online at [3].

[1] http://plog4u.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/plog4u/info.bliki.wiki/src/info/bliki/html/
[2] http://matheclipse.org/en/Java_Wikipedia_API
[3] http://jtidy.de/

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 9:35 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Jun 4, 2008, at 7:21 PM, Vincent Massol wrote:
>
>> Hi Wang,
>>
>> On Jun 4, 2008, at 7:04 PM, Wang Ning wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have built a  standalone plugin to convert MS Doc, MS excel to
>>> html.
>>
>> cool :)
>>
>>> This
>>> plugin can run as a jar through command line or as a web
>>> application through
>>> url.
>>
>> What do you mean by plugin? Do you mean xwiki plugin (probably not)?
>>
>> You need to find out and propose how to integrate the import feature
>> into xwiki both in term of UI and in term of code. The best right
>> now is probably to add a button in the tiny MCE editor.
>>
>>> Next, how to convert the html to xwiki syntax document? use xslt?
>>> Do the new
>>> rendering code have any influence?
>>
>> I think we can do it in 2 steps:
>> Step 1: get clean HTML. Since XWiki is able to display HTML it
>> should work fine. This also means that the imported doc will be
>> edited through the WYSIWYG editor (tinyMCE)
>> Step 2: convert the HTML into wiki syntax wherever possible. This is
>> indeed a job for the new rendering module and you'll need to write
>> an HTML Parser (i.e. implementing the org.xwiki.rendernig.Parser
>> interface). You should have a look at the 2 existing parsers:
>> WikiModelXWikiParser and DoxiaConfluenceParser. In this case though
>> you should use an XML parser to parse the XHTML instead of wiki
>> model or doxia. Thus it's important that in step 1 you get clean
>> XHTML (probably run JTidy on it).
>
> Just found that some wikimodel guy is working on converting xhtml to
> wiki syntax:
> http://code.google.com/p/wikimodel/issues/detail?id=5
>
> Might be worth talking to him to see how he's progressed since we
> might want to use his work and possibly even help him.

>>> Now I can't handle the clipboard format. I think clipboard is at
>>> the second
>>> priority.
>>>
>>> My another question: how to add my code to xwiki code sandbox?  Do
>>> I need to
>>> build ,test and distrubut my plugin by maven way? If yes, please
>>> tell how.
>>
>> You need to follow all the coding conventions and best practices
>> described at dev.xwiki.org
>> You need to provide a maven build yes. Plenty of examples in the
>> xwiki source tree.
>> The best is maybe that you package your code as a xwiki plugin for
>> now. check xwiki-platform-plugins for examples of plugin and how
>> they are packaged/built.

Axel Kramer
WikiBlog: http://www.groovy-news.org/e/page/axelclk

Re: [GSOC]how to convert html to xwiki syntax

Hi Axel,

On Jun 6, 2008, at 8:37 PM, Axel wrote:

> It's probably not very difficult to add another HTML to XWiki
> converter[1] to the my Java Wikipedia API [2].
> You can try the converter online at [3].

Thanks for the pointers. We haven't decided yet what to use for XHTML
to Wiki conversion so that's good to know!

> [1] http://plog4u.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/plog4u/info.bliki.wiki/src/info/bliki/html/
> [2] http://matheclipse.org/en/Java_Wikipedia_API
> [3] http://jtidy.de/

Cool, seems it could be a good replacement for jtidy which is old
(http://htmlcleaner.sourceforge.net/).

Thanks a lot
-Vincent

12