[GSoC] Extension Repository Connector - Pypi released!

[GSoC] Extension Repository Connector - Pypi released!

Krzysiek Płachno
Hey!

I'm happy to announce that Extension Repository Connector - Pypi is
released -
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Extension%20Repository%20Connector%20-%20Pypi/

XWiki has possibility to scirpt on its pages in Python. Under the hood it's
Java Scripting API and Jython that takes care of running this script and
returning result to page. Jython has implementation only for standard
libraries. That's why Extension Repository Connector - Pypi is created - to
be able to import to XWiki other (non-standard) python packages that are
hosted on pypi: https://pypi.python.org/pypi.

I'd be grateful for any feedback :)

Best,
Krzysztof

Re: [GSoC] Extension Repository Connector - Pypi released!

Eduard Moraru
Sounds pretty cool! I`m sure Python fans will be grateful for this!

Thanks,
Eduard

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 11:17 PM, Krzysiek Płachno <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey!
>
> I'm happy to announce that Extension Repository Connector - Pypi is
> released -
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/
> Extension%20Repository%20Connector%20-%20Pypi/
>
> XWiki has possibility to scirpt on its pages in Python. Under the hood it's
> Java Scripting API and Jython that takes care of running this script and
> returning result to page. Jython has implementation only for standard
> libraries. That's why Extension Repository Connector - Pypi is created - to
> be able to import to XWiki other (non-standard) python packages that are
> hosted on pypi: https://pypi.python.org/pypi.
>
> I'd be grateful for any feedback :)
>
> Best,
> Krzysztof

Re: [GSoC] Extension Repository Connector - Pypi released!

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
Sounds great ;)