[GSoC] Pencils down, submit your evaluations to Google, and your status to the XWiki Community

[GSoC] Pencils down, submit your evaluations to Google, and your status to the XWiki Community

Sergiu Dumitriu-2
Hello GSoC students and mentors,

Today is the firm pencils down deadline (in about 3 hours). What does
this mean?

First, your success regarding the GSoC project is supposed to be judged
on the work done so far, and you're supposed to send to Google all the
code that you wrote up until this date. (code submission will begin on
August 31)

Second, both students and mentors have to submit the final evaluations
before Friday, 19:00 UTC. Without the evaluations, the project will be
automatically considered failed, so don't forget to submit them on time,
ideally as soon as possible, not right before the deadline.

In general, I feel that all the projects have been successful, and are
good candidates for integration into the platform shortly. So, even if
the GSoC coding period is officially over, don't forget that one of the
main goals of the program is to introduce students to open source
communities on the long term. Thus, I'd be more than happy to see you
continue to be members of the XWiki open source community, hoping that
we made a good impression and made you feel welcome here. A project is
never "done", there's always room for improvements, new features,
maintenance, bug fixing, documentation and so on.

So, congratulations on your work, I hope you liked doing it, and that
you enjoyed the interaction with your mentors and with the XWiki community.

How to get out the code that you wrote?

Go to your local Git repository, and execute the following command (use
your own name for the --author parameter):

git log --patch "--before=2012-08-20T19:00z" --author=sergiu >
SergiuDumitriu-xwiki.patch

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Re: [GSoC] Pencils down, submit your evaluations to Google, and your status to the XWiki Community

Sergiu Dumitriu-2
On 08/20/2012 12:10 PM, Sergiu Dumitriu wrote:

> Hello GSoC students and mentors,
>
> Today is the firm pencils down deadline (in about 3 hours). What does
> this mean?
>
> First, your success regarding the GSoC project is supposed to be judged
> on the work done so far, and you're supposed to send to Google all the
> code that you wrote up until this date. (code submission will begin on
> August 31)
>
> Second, both students and mentors have to submit the final evaluations
> before Friday, 19:00 UTC. Without the evaluations, the project will be
> automatically considered failed, so don't forget to submit them on time,
> ideally as soon as possible, not right before the deadline.

Sent too quickly:

Third, students should send an email with their status so far, comparing
with the initial plan to see what was achieved, what was left out, and
what was done differently than envisioned at the start.

> In general, I feel that all the projects have been successful, and are
> good candidates for integration into the platform shortly. So, even if
> the GSoC coding period is officially over, don't forget that one of the
> main goals of the program is to introduce students to open source
> communities on the long term. Thus, I'd be more than happy to see you
> continue to be members of the XWiki open source community, hoping that
> we made a good impression and made you feel welcome here. A project is
> never "done", there's always room for improvements, new features,
> maintenance, bug fixing, documentation and so on.
>
> So, congratulations on your work, I hope you liked doing it, and that
> you enjoyed the interaction with your mentors and with the XWiki community.
>

> How to get out the code that you wrote?
>
> Go to your local Git repository, and execute the following command (use
> your own name for the --author parameter):
>
> git log --patch "--before=2012-08-20T19:00z" --author=sergiu >
> SergiuDumitriu-xwiki.patch

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Re: [GSoC] Pencils down, submit your evaluations to Google, and your status to the XWiki Community

sasinda
Hi Serigu, Thomas, All,

First of all I must thank you all for all the guidance and the help you
gave me to carry out the XWiki Android Project. I deeply appreciate  it.
I must say you folks are a very friendly community :-). So count me in too.
I will make sure to keep on contributing to the Android project when I have
free time. So count me into the community too :-).

Status
----------
Mile Stone 1:configuration saving and user profile sharing
Added features to save username, password, xwiki server url /auth realm
information.
In the proces added an Entity Manager to save data (this used ORMLite as
the persistence provider for SQLite DB in android)

We are not sharing user profile with other apps. So profiles sharing was
abandoned.

Mile Stone 2  Persistence support.

part 1: Implement XWiki Domain model for Android [done]
part 2: Make XWiki Domain model Document persistable. [done]
(Implemented sub module called File Store which mimics a Document Database.
Use SQLite for holding the key, Blog is saved as a File)

Mile Stone 3: Security

part 1: Add ability to encrypt each users password using a master key.
(User passwords cannot be hashed as they must be passed to the server)

But the Security Module needs more specification. Also further
functionality  is not high priority. Only priority was to keep the saved
password encrypted.

Testing

Made a setup to start an XWiki Server instance inside Jenkins server for
setting up the external test fixture.
Wrote about 20 tests testing the modules I made. But the number of tests
are not adequate to check whole functionality range.

Further more we started a Data Access Layer like abstraction for Restful
WS.(Not part of the plan)
The base being a RestClint (simillar to XmlRpcClient)and implemnting a
RestFul Access Layer on top. Since the XWiki web services acted to
put,update entities (documents, its objects ...) we were able to abstract
it to simple CRUD operations. As a working implementation we have a
DocumentRAO (RAO to sound like DAO ;-)) which can do CRUD operations for a
'Document' with collections of objects, comments with replies and etc... .
Check
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Google+Android+Client>>Platform>>User+Guide
 for more details.

But there are many enhancements left
( Lazy fetching,
additional refresh method to refresh state of the entities from server etc.
Fetch Configurations .....  Me and Thomas discussed about these. But I
couldn't complete them.)

Progress Page:
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/GoogleSummerOfCode/ImproveandroidXWikiconnector

Documentation Home page
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Google+Android+Client

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Sasinda Rukshan.

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 9:47 PM, Sergiu Dumitriu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 08/20/2012 12:10 PM, Sergiu Dumitriu wrote:
>
>> Hello GSoC students and mentors,
>>
>> Today is the firm pencils down deadline (in about 3 hours). What does
>> this mean?
>>
>> First, your success regarding the GSoC project is supposed to be judged
>> on the work done so far, and you're supposed to send to Google all the
>> code that you wrote up until this date. (code submission will begin on
>> August 31)
>>
>> Second, both students and mentors have to submit the final evaluations
>> before Friday, 19:00 UTC. Without the evaluations, the project will be
>> automatically considered failed, so don't forget to submit them on time,
>> ideally as soon as possible, not right before the deadline.
>>

> Sent too quickly:
>
> Third, students should send an email with their status so far, comparing
> with the initial plan to see what was achieved, what was left out, and what
> was done differently than envisioned at the start.
>

>  In general, I feel that all the projects have been successful, and are
>> good candidates for integration into the platform shortly. So, even if
>> the GSoC coding period is officially over, don't forget that one of the
>> main goals of the program is to introduce students to open source
>> communities on the long term. Thus, I'd be more than happy to see you
>> continue to be members of the XWiki open source community, hoping that
>> we made a good impression and made you feel welcome here. A project is
>> never "done", there's always room for improvements, new features,
>> maintenance, bug fixing, documentation and so on.
>>
>> So, congratulations on your work, I hope you liked doing it, and that
>> you enjoyed the interaction with your mentors and with the XWiki
>> community.
>>

>> How to get out the code that you wrote?
>>
>> Go to your local Git repository, and execute the following command (use
>> your own name for the --author parameter):
>>
>> git log --patch "--before=2012-08-20T19:00z" --author=sergiu >
>> SergiuDumitriu-xwiki.patch
>>

> --
> Sergiu Dumitriu
> http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Re: [GSoC] Pencils down, submit your evaluations to Google, and your status to the XWiki Community

Asiri Rathnayake
To all GSoCers...

Stick with XWiki for the long haul and you might be offered a job at XWiki
SAS... ;-)

- Asiri

Re: [GSoC] Pencils down, submit your evaluations to Google, and your status to the XWiki Community

sasinda
Hi Asiri,
Thanks for the tip. :-).

Regards.

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 1:27 PM, Asiri Rathnayake <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> To all GSoCers...
>
> Stick with XWiki for the long haul and you might be offered a job at XWiki
> SAS... ;-)
>
> - Asiri

Re: [GSoC] Pencils down, submit your evaluations to Google, and your status to the XWiki Community

savitha sundaramurthy
Dear XWiki community,

                        I would like to thank Paul, Sergiu and all the
members in the community
for giving me wonderful guidance and support for the SOLR search component
throughout the GSOC period. It was a vey good learning experience and am
sure it is going to be more awesome in coming days [?]  .

*Status :*
*
*
As of now Solr Search Component has the following features:

   1. Simple text search
   space, language etc..
   3. Objects and Properties
   4. Search attachments and text inside the readable attachments.
   5. Multilingual Support.
   6. Debug Mode
   7. Search Filters based on space, type, language and boost values
   8. Sorting based on Relevancy, Date, Author
   9. Quick search
   10. Admin module to index wiki as a whole or a selected space.
   11. Indexing status details.

*Work remaining to be able to commit the component in platform :*

    1. Auto Suggest feature
    2. Admin UI with improved features
    3. Search calibration (Test using Precision and recall)
    4. Unit test cases and Functional test cases.
    5. Fix the reported bugs.

I asked Vincent for a JIRA component to track my bugs. He suggested this.
http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XCONTRIB

I would be more than happy to fix the bugs :)

Detailed status and set up could be found here:
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/GoogleSummerOfCode/SolrSearchApplication

Progress page:
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/GoogleSummerOfCode/SOLRsearchcomponent

I faced a lot issues in hosting the project. Thanks to Paul for helping me
out.

 Running Instance for the Solr Search component could be found here:
  http://savitha.hoplahup.net/xwiki/bin/view/Main/AdvancedSearch

 The running instance has around 10 multilingual pages which supports 5
languages currently( English, French, Spanish, Cesky,
Deutsch(en,fr,es,cs,de) ) and around 200 english pages.

Thank you all once again for the guidance and will commit the remaning work
during my free time.

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 9:17 AM, Sergiu Dumitriu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 08/20/2012 12:10 PM, Sergiu Dumitriu wrote:
>
>> Hello GSoC students and mentors,
>>
>> Today is the firm pencils down deadline (in about 3 hours). What does
>> this mean?
>>
>> First, your success regarding the GSoC project is supposed to be judged
>> on the work done so far, and you're supposed to send to Google all the
>> code that you wrote up until this date. (code submission will begin on
>> August 31)
>>
>> Second, both students and mentors have to submit the final evaluations
>> before Friday, 19:00 UTC. Without the evaluations, the project will be
>> automatically considered failed, so don't forget to submit them on time,
>> ideally as soon as possible, not right before the deadline.
>>

> Sent too quickly:
>
> Third, students should send an email with their status so far, comparing
> with the initial plan to see what was achieved, what was left out, and what
> was done differently than envisioned at the start.
>

>  In general, I feel that all the projects have been successful, and are
>> good candidates for integration into the platform shortly. So, even if
>> the GSoC coding period is officially over, don't forget that one of the
>> main goals of the program is to introduce students to open source
>> communities on the long term. Thus, I'd be more than happy to see you
>> continue to be members of the XWiki open source community, hoping that
>> we made a good impression and made you feel welcome here. A project is
>> never "done", there's always room for improvements, new features,
>> maintenance, bug fixing, documentation and so on.
>>
>> So, congratulations on your work, I hope you liked doing it, and that
>> you enjoyed the interaction with your mentors and with the XWiki
>> community.
>>

>> How to get out the code that you wrote?
>>
>> Go to your local Git repository, and execute the following command (use
>> your own name for the --author parameter):
>>
>> git log --patch "--before=2012-08-20T19:00z" --author=sergiu >
>> SergiuDumitriu-xwiki.patch
>>

> --
> Sergiu Dumitriu
> http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Savitha

330.gif (130 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [GSoC] Pencils down, submit your evaluations to Google, and your status to the XWiki Community

jssolichin
Hello Sergiu, friends,

First of all, thank you once again for this wonderful opportunity to work
with the xwiki team. It has been a learning experience that will no doubt
change my future in programming and open source. Like Sasinda said, all the
support and help throughout the project have been enormous. I think all of
us GSOC students will agree that it was one of the most interesting and
useful summer we ever had.

Thank you for the reminders to submit the code and evaluation.

The XWiki team made a great impression, and in my opinion, a very good face
for the open source community. I hope to be able to contribute more and
continue support/development on the skin as it comes up. Like Sasinda I
will definitely try to come back in my free time

achieved (note: as planned we did not use foundation as the base of our
skin as the GSOC proposal stated). The skin works on a plethora of browsers
(tested in ie7-9, opera, ffx, chrome, and safari. devices: g2x, nokia 710,
nexus7, bb curve) and responds to size changes. Due to the limitation of
some browser, there will be slight deviations, but none should impact the
function of the skins.

There are some minor differences than those of the design plan. For example
the apps are not skinned as they were designed in the design plans. After
working on the skin, I did not think that was priority since there are so
many apps, that it wouldn't be the most fruitful use of the gsoc time to
skin one. I'll try to work on these in my free time. The idea to create a
2nd configuration page for the skin was scraped since it was deemed to not
be efficient.

In general, the skin is usable and "complete". I think to truly complete
the skin, we would need users to try and use the skins since I did not have
the time, and I think XWiki is too expansive for me to test every use case
scenario anyway. Future explorations would be how to make the skin
functions more efficient.

Thank you once again for the opportunity, do let me know of anything you
would like me to do. Thanks Asiri for dropping by and dropping us the hint
ahaha.
Thank you for all those involved in making GSOC happen, from Caty, Eduard,
Sergiu, Vincent, Thomas and anyone who I missed. Finally, last but not
least, Thank you especially to Jerome, for mentoring me through out this
time.

Best,
Jonathan Solichin

Re: [GSoC] Pencils down, submit your evaluations to Google, and your status to the XWiki Community

Jérôme Velociter
Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your nice words about XWiki's community.

In addition to the code submission, I would like you create an extension
page for the skin on extensions.xwiki.org, so that all XWiki users can
download it and play with it or use it easily. You can get inspiration
from Lyrebird's page (
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Lyrebird+Skin) for
example. Important point is to have the additional installation notes,
since your skin is packaged as a zip intended for filesystem use. Hop on
IRC if you need help creating the page.

Looking forward your next contributions ;)

Have fun,
Jerome

On 08/21/2012 08:43 PM, Jonathan Solichin wrote:

> Hello Sergiu, friends,
>
> First of all, thank you once again for this wonderful opportunity to work
> with the xwiki team. It has been a learning experience that will no doubt
> change my future in programming and open source. Like Sasinda said, all the
> support and help throughout the project have been enormous. I think all of
> us GSOC students will agree that it was one of the most interesting and
> useful summer we ever had.
>
> Thank you for the reminders to submit the code and evaluation.
>
> The XWiki team made a great impression, and in my opinion, a very good face
> for the open source community. I hope to be able to contribute more and
> continue support/development on the skin as it comes up. Like Sasinda I
> will definitely try to come back in my free time

> achieved (note: as planned we did not use foundation as the base of our
> skin as the GSOC proposal stated). The skin works on a plethora of browsers
> (tested in ie7-9, opera, ffx, chrome, and safari. devices: g2x, nokia 710,
> nexus7, bb curve) and responds to size changes. Due to the limitation of
> some browser, there will be slight deviations, but none should impact the
> function of the skins.
>
> There are some minor differences than those of the design plan. For example
> the apps are not skinned as they were designed in the design plans. After
> working on the skin, I did not think that was priority since there are so
> many apps, that it wouldn't be the most fruitful use of the gsoc time to
> skin one. I'll try to work on these in my free time. The idea to create a
> 2nd configuration page for the skin was scraped since it was deemed to not
> be efficient.
>
> In general, the skin is usable and "complete". I think to truly complete
> the skin, we would need users to try and use the skins since I did not have
> the time, and I think XWiki is too expansive for me to test every use case
> scenario anyway. Future explorations would be how to make the skin
> functions more efficient.
>
> Thank you once again for the opportunity, do let me know of anything you
> would like me to do. Thanks Asiri for dropping by and dropping us the hint
> ahaha.
> Thank you for all those involved in making GSOC happen, from Caty, Eduard,
> Sergiu, Vincent, Thomas and anyone who I missed. Finally, last but not
> least, Thank you especially to Jerome, for mentoring me through out this
> time.
>
> Best,
> Jonathan Solichin

Peace,
---Jerome

Re: [GSoC] Pencils down, submit your evaluations to Google, and your status to the XWiki Community

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for kind words. I agree with Jerome that in order for your work to be really useful it would be great to make it available on extensions.xwiki.org so that users can find it and use it and thus provide feedback.

Would you be able to do this?

On Aug 21, 2012, at 8:43 PM, Jonathan Solichin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Sergiu, friends,
>
> First of all, thank you once again for this wonderful opportunity to work
> with the xwiki team. It has been a learning experience that will no doubt
> change my future in programming and open source. Like Sasinda said, all the
> support and help throughout the project have been enormous. I think all of
> us GSOC students will agree that it was one of the most interesting and
> useful summer we ever had.
>
> Thank you for the reminders to submit the code and evaluation.
>
> The XWiki team made a great impression, and in my opinion, a very good face
> for the open source community. I hope to be able to contribute more and
> continue support/development on the skin as it comes up. Like Sasinda I
> will definitely try to come back in my free time

> achieved (note: as planned we did not use foundation as the base of our
> skin as the GSOC proposal stated). The skin works on a plethora of browsers
> (tested in ie7-9, opera, ffx, chrome, and safari. devices: g2x, nokia 710,
> nexus7, bb curve) and responds to size changes. Due to the limitation of
> some browser, there will be slight deviations, but none should impact the
> function of the skins.
>
> There are some minor differences than those of the design plan. For example
> the apps are not skinned as they were designed in the design plans. After
> working on the skin, I did not think that was priority since there are so
> many apps, that it wouldn't be the most fruitful use of the gsoc time to
> skin one. I'll try to work on these in my free time. The idea to create a
> 2nd configuration page for the skin was scraped since it was deemed to not
> be efficient.
>
> In general, the skin is usable and "complete". I think to truly complete
> the skin, we would need users to try and use the skins since I did not have
> the time, and I think XWiki is too expansive for me to test every use case
> scenario anyway. Future explorations would be how to make the skin
> functions more efficient.
>
> Thank you once again for the opportunity, do let me know of anything you
> would like me to do. Thanks Asiri for dropping by and dropping us the hint
> ahaha.
> Thank you for all those involved in making GSOC happen, from Caty, Eduard,
> Sergiu, Vincent, Thomas and anyone who I missed. Finally, last but not
> least, Thank you especially to Jerome, for mentoring me through out this
> time.
>
> Best,
> Jonathan Solichin

Re: [GSoC] Pencils down, submit your evaluations to Google, and your status to the XWiki Community

jssolichin
Hello Jerome, Vincent, friends

Good idea. The extension page is here:
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/xorange

wdyt?

Thanks again,
Jonathan Solichin

> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Jonathan Solichin <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Hello Sergiu, friends,
>>
>> First of all, thank you once again for this wonderful opportunity to work
>> with the xwiki team. It has been a learning experience that will no doubt
>> change my future in programming and open source. Like Sasinda said, all the
>> support and help throughout the project have been enormous. I think all of
>> us GSOC students will agree that it was one of the most interesting and
>> useful summer we ever had.
>>
>> Thank you for the reminders to submit the code and evaluation.
>>
>> The XWiki team made a great impression, and in my opinion, a very good
>> face for the open source community. I hope to be able to contribute more
>> and continue support/development on the skin as it comes up. Like Sasinda I
>> will definitely try to come back in my free time

>> opinion, achieved (note: as planned we did not use foundation as the base
>> of our skin as the GSOC proposal stated). The skin works on a plethora of
>> browsers (tested in ie7-9, opera, ffx, chrome, and safari. devices: g2x,
>> nokia 710, nexus7, bb curve) and responds to size changes. Due to the
>> limitation of some browser, there will be slight deviations, but none
>> should impact the function of the skins.
>>
>> There are some minor differences than those of the design plan. For
>> example the apps are not skinned as they were designed in the design plans.
>> After working on the skin, I did not think that was priority since there
>> are so many apps, that it wouldn't be the most fruitful use of the gsoc
>> time to skin one. I'll try to work on these in my free time. The idea to
>> create a 2nd configuration page for the skin was scraped since it was
>> deemed to not be efficient.
>>
>> In general, the skin is usable and "complete". I think to truly complete
>> the skin, we would need users to try and use the skins since I did not have
>> the time, and I think XWiki is too expansive for me to test every use case
>> scenario anyway. Future explorations would be how to make the skin
>> functions more efficient.
>>
>> Thank you once again for the opportunity, do let me know of anything you
>> would like me to do. Thanks Asiri for dropping by and dropping us the hint
>> ahaha.
>> Thank you for all those involved in making GSOC happen, from Caty,
>> Eduard, Sergiu, Vincent, Thomas and anyone who I missed. Finally, last but
>> not least, Thank you especially to Jerome, for mentoring me through out
>> this time.
>>
>> Best,
>> Jonathan Solichin

Re: [GSoC] Pencils down, submit your evaluations to Google, and your status to the XWiki Community

Hi Sasinda,

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 7:44 AM, sasinda rukshan
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Serigu, Thomas, All,
>
> First of all I must thank you all for all the guidance and the help you
> gave me to carry out the XWiki Android Project. I deeply appreciate  it.
> I must say you folks are a very friendly community :-). So count me in too.

Thanks for the nice words.

> I will make sure to keep on contributing to the Android project when I have
> free time. So count me into the community too :-).

That's great !

> Status
> ----------
> Mile Stone 1:configuration saving and user profile sharing
> Added features to save username, password, xwiki server url /auth realm
> information.
> In the proces added an Entity Manager to save data (this used ORMLite as
> the persistence provider for SQLite DB in android)
>
> We are not sharing user profile with other apps. So profiles sharing was
> abandoned.
>
> Mile Stone 2  Persistence support.
>
> part 1: Implement XWiki Domain model for Android [done]
> part 2: Make XWiki Domain model Document persistable. [done]
> (Implemented sub module called File Store which mimics a Document Database.
> Use SQLite for holding the key, Blog is saved as a File)
>
> Mile Stone 3: Security
>
> part 1: Add ability to encrypt each users password using a master key.
> (User passwords cannot be hashed as they must be passed to the server)
>
> But the Security Module needs more specification. Also further
> functionality  is not high priority. Only priority was to keep the saved
> password encrypted.
>
> Testing
>
> Made a setup to start an XWiki Server instance inside Jenkins server for
> setting up the external test fixture.
> Wrote about 20 tests testing the modules I made. But the number of tests
> are not adequate to check whole functionality range.
>
> Further more we started a Data Access Layer like abstraction for Restful
> WS.(Not part of the plan)
> The base being a RestClint (simillar to XmlRpcClient)and implemnting a
> RestFul Access Layer on top. Since the XWiki web services acted to
> put,update entities (documents, its objects ...) we were able to abstract
> it to simple CRUD operations. As a working implementation we have a
> DocumentRAO (RAO to sound like DAO ;-)) which can do CRUD operations for a
> 'Document' with collections of objects, comments with replies and etc... .
> Check
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Google+Android+Client>>Platform>>User+Guide
>  for more details.
>
> But there are many enhancements left
> ( Lazy fetching,
> additional refresh method to refresh state of the entities from server etc.
> Fetch Configurations .....  Me and Thomas discussed about these. But I
> couldn't complete them.)

Don't hesitate to update
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/XWikiAndroid page by
removing what's already done and documented in
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Google+Android+Client
and add all details you have for possible future improvements and
ideas.
Will be very useful for anyone that want to continue working on it,
even for you ;)

> Progress Page:
> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/GoogleSummerOfCode/ImproveandroidXWikiconnector
>
> Documentation Home page
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Google+Android+Client
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best Regards,
> Sasinda Rukshan.
>

> On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 9:47 PM, Sergiu Dumitriu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 08/20/2012 12:10 PM, Sergiu Dumitriu wrote:
>>
>>> Hello GSoC students and mentors,
>>>
>>> Today is the firm pencils down deadline (in about 3 hours). What does
>>> this mean?
>>>
>>> First, your success regarding the GSoC project is supposed to be judged
>>> on the work done so far, and you're supposed to send to Google all the
>>> code that you wrote up until this date. (code submission will begin on
>>> August 31)
>>>
>>> Second, both students and mentors have to submit the final evaluations
>>> before Friday, 19:00 UTC. Without the evaluations, the project will be
>>> automatically considered failed, so don't forget to submit them on time,
>>> ideally as soon as possible, not right before the deadline.
>>>

>> Sent too quickly:
>>
>> Third, students should send an email with their status so far, comparing
>> with the initial plan to see what was achieved, what was left out, and what
>> was done differently than envisioned at the start.
>>

>>  In general, I feel that all the projects have been successful, and are
>>> good candidates for integration into the platform shortly. So, even if
>>> the GSoC coding period is officially over, don't forget that one of the
>>> main goals of the program is to introduce students to open source
>>> communities on the long term. Thus, I'd be more than happy to see you
>>> continue to be members of the XWiki open source community, hoping that
>>> we made a good impression and made you feel welcome here. A project is
>>> never "done", there's always room for improvements, new features,
>>> maintenance, bug fixing, documentation and so on.
>>>
>>> So, congratulations on your work, I hope you liked doing it, and that
>>> you enjoyed the interaction with your mentors and with the XWiki
>>> community.
>>>

>>> How to get out the code that you wrote?
>>>
>>> Go to your local Git repository, and execute the following command (use
>>> your own name for the --author parameter):
>>>
>>> git log --patch "--before=2012-08-20T19:00z" --author=sergiu >
>>> SergiuDumitriu-xwiki.patch
>>>

>> --
>> Sergiu Dumitriu
>> http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Re: [GSoC] Pencils down, submit your evaluations to Google, and your status to the XWiki Community

Eduard Moraru
Hello students and mentors,

I know this is a bit late (back from holidays), but I`d like to
congratulate everybody on a wonderful and productive GSoC.

I hope you all had a great time and also hope to see you (students) taking
care of the wonderful projects that you`ve worked on (and possibly others
too) for the long run.

Also, many thanks to the mentors and everybody else from the community for
getting involved and ensuring yet another successful GSoC for XWiki!

See you around,
Eduard

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]