[GSoc] XWiki Android

12

[GSoc] XWiki Android

sasinda
Hi,
I updated the documentation for XWiki Android project at,
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/XWikiAndroid.

Sorry for the little formatting errors.

Thanks
Sasinda.

Re: [GSoc] XWiki Android

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 2:53 PM, sasinda rukshan
> I updated the documentation for XWiki Android project at,
> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/XWikiAndroid.
>
> Sorry for the little formatting errors.

You should use code macro instead of setting your own styling.

> Thanks
> Sasinda.

Re: [GSoc] XWiki Android

sasinda
Hi,
Thanks for the info.
I did it using XWord . I will do some more documentation after reaching the
milestone 3( security module). That documentation is not enough to give the
whole picture. Need to separate the API how to s, from the design
and architecture descriptions.So the documentation will get changed in the
future. Is it ok if I edit the formatting later at that time?.

By the way the maven build of the android project is currently having the
following issue.
http://code.google.com/p/maven-android-plugin/issues/detail?id=266
I am trying to resolve it, but still not successful. The build works in
eclipse.
Currently I have implemented the functionality for saving and loading back
xwiki document model. It is working fine.
(We can save, load , list documents stored in the system). I have stopped
development until the maven build issue is solved.

Thanks.
Regards.

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 11:11 PM, Thomas Mortagne
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 2:53 PM, sasinda rukshan
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I updated the documentation for XWiki Android project at,
> > http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/XWikiAndroid.
> >
> > Sorry for the little formatting errors.
>
> You should use code macro instead of setting your own styling.
>

> > Thanks
> > Sasinda.

Re: [GSoc] XWiki Android

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 6:35 AM, sasinda rukshan
> Thanks for the info.
> I did it using XWord . I will do some more documentation after reaching the
> milestone 3( security module). That documentation is not enough to give the
> whole picture. Need to separate the API how to s, from the design
> and architecture descriptions.So the documentation will get changed in the
> future. Is it ok if I edit the formatting later at that time?.

As you want, was just a suggestion to make it easier. Not sure how
XWord deal with macros.

> By the way the maven build of the android project is currently having the
> following issue.
> http://code.google.com/p/maven-android-plugin/issues/detail?id=266

From what I can see this is not a real issue. Also note that it's
working well with the other application (xwiki-android-client). I need
to finish something before 4.2M1, will try to look at it after that.

> I am trying to resolve it, but still not successful. The build works in
> eclipse.
> Currently I have implemented the functionality for saving and loading back
> xwiki document model. It is working fine.
> (We can save, load , list documents stored in the system). I have stopped
> development until the maven build issue is solved.
>
> Thanks.
> Regards.
>

> On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 11:11 PM, Thomas Mortagne
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 2:53 PM, sasinda rukshan
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > I updated the documentation for XWiki Android project at,
>> > http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/XWikiAndroid.
>> >
>> > Sorry for the little formatting errors.
>>
>> You should use code macro instead of setting your own styling.
>>

>> > Thanks
>> > Sasinda.

>> Thomas Mortagne

Re: [GSoc] XWiki Android

sasinda
Hi Thomas,
>As you want, was just a suggestion to make it easier. Not sure how
>XWord deal with macros.

Well actually I did not use code macro there. Just copy pasted from eclipse
;-). Less work it was!.

>From what I can see this is not a real issue.
Yes, its not a real issue.

> I need
> to finish something before 4.2M1, will try to look at it after that.

No problem. Don't be distracted with this. I am trying a workaround, to
copy the needed jars with maven-dependancy plugin.(I upgraded maven to
3.0.4. also) . I will try more and hopefully get this thing done. It is not
halting my development because I can build with eclipse.
Thanks for offering me help. :-).

Best Regards.

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Thomas Mortagne
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 6:35 AM, sasinda rukshan
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Thanks for the info.
> > I did it using XWord . I will do some more documentation after reaching
> the
> > milestone 3( security module). That documentation is not enough to give
> the
> > whole picture. Need to separate the API how to s, from the design
> > and architecture descriptions.So the documentation will get changed in
> the
> > future. Is it ok if I edit the formatting later at that time?.
>
> As you want, was just a suggestion to make it easier. Not sure how
> XWord deal with macros.
>

> > By the way the maven build of the android project is currently having the
> > following issue.
> > http://code.google.com/p/maven-android-plugin/issues/detail?id=266
>
> From what I can see this is not a real issue. Also note that it's
> working well with the other application (xwiki-android-client). I need
> to finish something before 4.2M1, will try to look at it after that.
>
> > I am trying to resolve it, but still not successful. The build works in
> > eclipse.
> > Currently I have implemented the functionality for saving and loading
> back
> > xwiki document model. It is working fine.
> > (We can save, load , list documents stored in the system). I have stopped
> > development until the maven build issue is solved.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Regards.
> >

> > On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 11:11 PM, Thomas Mortagne
> > <[hidden email]>wrote:

> >> You should use code macro instead of setting your own styling.

> >> --
> >> Thomas Mortagne

Re: [GSoc] XWiki Android

sasinda
Hi Thomas,
The issue with the build was solved by reverting back to older version of
jayway android maven plugin. This seems not the correct option, but it
works now. :-).

Thanks
Regards.
Sasinda.

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 12:51 PM, sasinda rukshan
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
> >As you want, was just a suggestion to make it easier. Not sure how
> >XWord deal with macros.
>
> Well actually I did not use code macro there. Just copy pasted from
> eclipse ;-). Less work it was!.
>
> >From what I can see this is not a real issue.
> Yes, its not a real issue.
>

> > I need
> > to finish something before 4.2M1, will try to look at it after that.
>
> No problem. Don't be distracted with this. I am trying a workaround, to
> copy the needed jars with maven-dependancy plugin.(I upgraded maven to
> 3.0.4. also) . I will try more and hopefully get this thing done. It is not
> halting my development because I can build with eclipse.
> Thanks for offering me help. :-).
>
> Best Regards.
>

> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Thomas Mortagne <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 6:35 AM, sasinda rukshan
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > Thanks for the info.
>> > I did it using XWord . I will do some more documentation after reaching
>> the
>> > milestone 3( security module). That documentation is not enough to give
>> the
>> > whole picture. Need to separate the API how to s, from the design
>> > and architecture descriptions.So the documentation will get changed in
>> the
>> > future. Is it ok if I edit the formatting later at that time?.
>>
>> As you want, was just a suggestion to make it easier. Not sure how
>> XWord deal with macros.
>>

>> > By the way the maven build of the android project is currently having
>> the
>> > following issue.
>> > http://code.google.com/p/maven-android-plugin/issues/detail?id=266
>>
>> From what I can see this is not a real issue. Also note that it's
>> working well with the other application (xwiki-android-client). I need
>> to finish something before 4.2M1, will try to look at it after that.
>>
>> > I am trying to resolve it, but still not successful. The build works in
>> > eclipse.
>> > Currently I have implemented the functionality for saving and loading
>> back
>> > xwiki document model. It is working fine.
>> > (We can save, load , list documents stored in the system). I have
>> stopped
>> > development until the maven build issue is solved.
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> > Regards.

>> Thomas Mortagne

Re: [GSoc] XWiki Android

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 2:07 PM, sasinda rukshan
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
> The issue with the build was solved by reverting back to older version of
> jayway android maven plugin. This seems not the correct option, but it
> works now. :-).

Ok better than nothing, we can always check later what's wrong exatly
with last version.

Note that you seems to have something wrong in a pom.xml, see
http://ci.xwiki.org/job/xwiki-android-client/205/console.

> Thanks
> Regards.
> Sasinda.
>
> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 12:51 PM, sasinda rukshan
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Hi Thomas,
>> >As you want, was just a suggestion to make it easier. Not sure how
>> >XWord deal with macros.
>>
>> Well actually I did not use code macro there. Just copy pasted from
>> eclipse ;-). Less work it was!.
>>
>> >From what I can see this is not a real issue.
>> Yes, its not a real issue.
>>

>> > I need
>> > to finish something before 4.2M1, will try to look at it after that.
>>
>> No problem. Don't be distracted with this. I am trying a workaround, to
>> copy the needed jars with maven-dependancy plugin.(I upgraded maven to
>> 3.0.4. also) . I will try more and hopefully get this thing done. It is not
>> halting my development because I can build with eclipse.
>> Thanks for offering me help. :-).
>>
>> Best Regards.
>>

>> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Thomas Mortagne <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:

>>> the
>>> the
>>> the
>>>
>>> As you want, was just a suggestion to make it easier. Not sure how
>>> XWord deal with macros.

>>> the
>>>
>>> From what I can see this is not a real issue. Also note that it's
>>> working well with the other application (xwiki-android-client). I need
>>> to finish something before 4.2M1, will try to look at it after that.

>>> back
>>> stopped

>>> --
>>> Thomas Mortagne

Re: [GSoc] XWiki Android

sasinda
Hi Thomas,

This is the latest result for xwiki-android-tests-instrumentation (The
UI stress testing test module)

[INFO] *Found 0 devices connected with the Android Debug Bridge*
mojoFailed com.jayway.maven.plugins.android.generation2:android-maven-plugin:3.3.0(default-internal-pre-integration-test)
projectFailed org.xwiki.android:xwiki-android-tests-instrumentation:1.0-SNAPSHOT
sessionEnded

Need an AVD / Device connected to Jenkins to run the tests.

Also the ....test-rest will have failures if some preconditions are not
met. (like having a page named Blog/test2 )

Is there a testing server instance running on the Jenkins server?.

Best Regards
Sasinda.

PS:  I created a login with username sasindar.

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Thomas Mortagne
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> BTW don't put too much details in mail in general, better making sure
> that references places like
> https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/android-client/blob/master/README and
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Google+Android+Client
> are up to date and link to them. Unless the mail is about asking some
> details of course, I mostly talking about announcement mails.
>
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Thomas Mortagne
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 1:10 PM, sasinda rukshan
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >> :-)
> >> Do you mean to put a mail to Xwiki Users list [hidden email]., Not
> >> Developers list ?
> >
> > I mean users and dev list. The idea is to talk about your project to
> > the community (what already exist, what coming, etc). Note that dev
> > mailing list is not for developers, it's for developers of XWiki
> > itself, developers that are going to use XWiki and in this case
> > android framework are users from mailing list point or view.
> >
> >> Well did you check the apk ?  is it enough to show off.
> >
> > As long as it's working and there anything new to advertise it's
> > enough. The important things here is to show that there is something
> > produced which is easy to test and that people can try it whenever
> > they want to check last stuff.
> >

> >> Regards
> >> Sasinda.
> >>

> >> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Thomas Mortagne <
> [hidden email]>

> ;)

> on
> 7-8

> sending
> have
> the
> abstraction

> the

> APK

> in

> available

> create(doc)
> then
> It
> ;-).

> ORM

> soemthing to
> start
> try
> not

> build's

> depended

> that
> introduce

> http://maven.xwiki.org/snapshots/org/xwiki/android/xwiki-android-client/1.0-SNAPSHOT/
> >>> >>> >>> >>>

> http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/adding-packages.html
> download
> path>/tools
> >>> >>> >>> >>>

> http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/adding-packages.html

> xwiki-android-client-1.0-20120711.121416-177.apk
> >>> >>> >>> >>>

> http://maven.xwiki.org/snapshots/org/xwiki/android/xwiki-android-client/1.0-SNAPSHOT/
> build on
> xwiki-android-client-1.0-20120711.121416-177.apk

> [...]

Re: [GSoc] XWiki Android

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 11:42 AM, sasinda rukshan
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>

> This is the latest result for xwiki-android-tests-instrumentation (The
> UI stress testing test module)
>

> [INFO] *Found 0 devices connected with the Android Debug Bridge*
> mojoFailed com.jayway.maven.plugins.android.generation2:android-maven-plugin:3.3.0(default-internal-pre-integration-test)
> projectFailed org.xwiki.android:xwiki-android-tests-instrumentation:1.0-SNAPSHOT
> sessionEnded
>

> Need an AVD / Device connected to Jenkins to run the tests.

Will look at it.

> Also the ....test-rest will have failures if some preconditions are not
> met. (like having a page named Blog/test2 )
>
> Is there a testing server instance running on the Jenkins server?.

No, you need to start one (which is not very hard with jetty/hsqldb
distribution) or mock one (but then you have the risk that you don't
have the exact same behavior) when you start the tests. You can look
at how https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-enterprise/tree/master/xwiki-enterprise-test/xwiki-enterprise-test-rest
does it for example.

> [...]
>> ;-).

>> ORM

>> soemthing to
>> start
>> try
>> not

>> build's

>> depended

>> that
>> introduce

>> http://maven.xwiki.org/snapshots/org/xwiki/android/xwiki-android-client/1.0-SNAPSHOT/
>> >>> >>> >>> >>>

>> http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/adding-packages.html
>> download
>> path>/tools
>> >>> >>> >>> >>>

>> http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/adding-packages.html

>> xwiki-android-client-1.0-20120711.121416-177.apk
>> >>> >>> >>> >>>

>> http://maven.xwiki.org/snapshots/org/xwiki/android/xwiki-android-client/1.0-SNAPSHOT/
>> build on
>> xwiki-android-client-1.0-20120711.121416-177.apk

Re: [GSoc] XWiki Android

sasinda
Hi Thomas,
>>I restarted it and it seems ok now.
Thanks a lot.
Instrumentation tests that check the activities are running ok.
(XWiki Android Instrumentation
Tests<http://ci.xwiki.org/job/xwiki-android-client/216/org.xwiki.android$xwiki-android-tests-instrumentation/>
)

I disabled the base rest api tests (xwiki-android-test-rest). I'll enable
them in the next commit.
There should be a local xwiki test instance in jenkins server as well. Can
you tell me how to access it.
Tried http://ci.xwiki.org:8080. Since the test properties are directing to
a local server instance 10.0.2.2:8080 it should be there.

We will be running tests bottom up. i.e.  low lvl rest API --> Rest API in
RAL --> application layer UI components. And RAL tests will use low lvl
rest API to achieve its pre-conditions and do cleanup after tests. If low
level fails testing highlvl ones are not meaningful if they depend on the
components that failed. ;-).

Best Regards.
Sasinda.

> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Thomas Mortagne
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> a test

>> tests.

>> and use

>> > Here is what I have in ps aux:
>> >
>> > emulator -avd test-2.1 -noaudio -no-window -wipe-data
>>
>> Looks like it was not in a very good state actually, I restarted it
>> and it seems ok now.

>> [hidden email]>

>> jetty/hsqldb
>> had

>> look
>> >>>>> >>

>> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-enterprise/tree/master/xwiki-enterprise-test/xwiki-enterprise-test-rest
>> preconditions

>> xwiki-android-tests-instrumentation

>> Bridge*
>> >>>>> >> >

>> com.jayway.maven.plugins.android.generation2:android-maven-plugin:3.3.0(default-internal-pre-integration-test)
>> >>>>> >> >
>> org.xwiki.android:xwiki-android-tests-instrumentation:1.0-SNAPSHOT

>> preconditions are

>> server?.

>> jetty/hsqldb
>> don't
>> look
>> >>>>> >>

>> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-enterprise/tree/master/xwiki-enterprise-test/xwiki-enterprise-test-rest

Re: [GSoc] XWiki Android

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 4:33 AM, sasinda rukshan
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>>>I restarted it and it seems ok now.
> Thanks a lot.
> Instrumentation tests that check the activities are running ok.
> (XWiki Android Instrumentation
> Tests<http://ci.xwiki.org/job/xwiki-android-client/216/org.xwiki.android$xwiki-android-tests-instrumentation/>
> )
>
> I disabled the base rest api tests (xwiki-android-test-rest). I'll enable
> them in the next commit.
> There should be a local xwiki test instance in jenkins server as well. Can
> you tell me how to access it.

Actually there is none. What we do is that in all the tests that needs
an instance of XWiki we start XWiki before and stop it after (before
and after the whole test suite not for each test otherwise it would
way too slow) to be sure to have a clean instance of XWiki every time
and to not require anything in order to execute the test (for example
you can build the whole XE with test anywhere as long as you have
maven and Firefox installed).

In "desktop" integration test what is taking care of starting and
stopping XE instance from the tests is
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-test/src/main/java/org/xwiki/test/integration/XWikiExecutor.java
through https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-test/src/main/java/org/xwiki/test/integration/XWikiExecutorSuite.java.

> Tried http://ci.xwiki.org:8080. Since the test properties are directing to
> a local server instance 10.0.2.2:8080 it should be there.
>
> We will be running tests bottom up. i.e.  low lvl rest API --> Rest API in
> RAL --> application layer UI components. And RAL tests will use low lvl
> rest API to achieve its pre-conditions and do cleanup after tests. If low
> level fails testing highlvl ones are not meaningful if they depend on the
> components that failed. ;-).
>
> Best Regards.
> Sasinda.
>

>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]
>> > wrote:

>>> a test

>>> tests.

>>> and use

>>> Looks like it was not in a very good state actually, I restarted it
>>> and it seems ok now.

>>> [hidden email]>

>>> jetty/hsqldb
>>> had

>>> look
>>> >>>>> >>

>>> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-enterprise/tree/master/xwiki-enterprise-test/xwiki-enterprise-test-rest
>>> preconditions

>>> xwiki-android-tests-instrumentation

>>> Bridge*
>>> >>>>> >> >

>>> com.jayway.maven.plugins.android.generation2:android-maven-plugin:3.3.0(default-internal-pre-integration-test)
>>> >>>>> >> >
>>> org.xwiki.android:xwiki-android-tests-instrumentation:1.0-SNAPSHOT

>>> preconditions are

>>> server?.

>>> jetty/hsqldb
>>> don't
>>> look
>>> >>>>> >>

>>> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-enterprise/tree/master/xwiki-enterprise-test/xwiki-enterprise-test-rest

Re: [GSoc] XWiki Android

sasinda
Hi ,
thnks a lot.
I checked the earlier android test code. It has not call to
startXWiki() neither
refers a  XWikiExecutor.
Any way all 3 test modules just need one fresh instance started. Don't need
an XWiki instance started for each module.
But easiest way is to do it for each module.

Chamika has used local host.
This is the properties file for tests
https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/android-client/commit/191c1cd1dd5db05622a881cf2f8e93db811f3133#diff-18

see the property:     public static final String ATTACHMENT_NAME = "a.png";

The server instance needs an attachment with name   a.png in page test2.
We can't achieve it in the setup because to achieve it we have to use the
addAttachment() method which itself is one of the methods that need to be
tested.

Best Regards
Sasinda.

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Thomas Mortagne
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 4:33 AM, sasinda rukshan
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Thomas,
> > Thanks a lot.
> > Instrumentation tests that check the activities are running ok.
> > (XWiki Android Instrumentation
> > Tests<
> http://ci.xwiki.org/job/xwiki-android-client/216/org.xwiki.android$xwiki-android-tests-instrumentation/
> >
> > )
> >
> > I disabled the base rest api tests (xwiki-android-test-rest). I'll enable
> > them in the next commit.
> > There should be a local xwiki test instance in jenkins server as well.
> Can
> > you tell me how to access it.
>
> Actually there is none. What we do is that in all the tests that needs
> an instance of XWiki we start XWiki before and stop it after (before
> and after the whole test suite not for each test otherwise it would
> way too slow) to be sure to have a clean instance of XWiki every time
> and to not require anything in order to execute the test (for example
> you can build the whole XE with test anywhere as long as you have
> maven and Firefox installed).
>
> In "desktop" integration test what is taking care of starting and
> stopping XE instance from the tests is
>
> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-test/src/main/java/org/xwiki/test/integration/XWikiExecutor.java
> through
> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-test/src/main/java/org/xwiki/test/integration/XWikiExecutorSuite.java
> .
>
> > Tried http://ci.xwiki.org:8080. Since the test properties are directing
> > a local server instance 10.0.2.2:8080 it should be there.
> >
> > We will be running tests bottom up. i.e.  low lvl rest API --> Rest API
> in
> > RAL --> application layer UI components. And RAL tests will use low lvl
> > rest API to achieve its pre-conditions and do cleanup after tests. If low
> > level fails testing highlvl ones are not meaningful if they depend on the
> > components that failed. ;-).
> >
> > Best Regards.
> > Sasinda.
> >

> >> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Thomas Mortagne <
> [hidden email]

> If

> failing

> server

> have

> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-enterprise/tree/master/xwiki-enterprise-test/xwiki-enterprise-test-rest

> com.jayway.maven.plugins.android.generation2:android-maven-plugin:3.3.0(default-internal-pre-integration-test)

> can
> >>> >>>>> >>

> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-enterprise/tree/master/xwiki-enterprise-test/xwiki-enterprise-test-rest

Re: [GSoc] XWiki Android

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 5:40 AM, sasinda rukshan
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi ,
> thnks a lot.
> I checked the earlier android test code. It has not call to
> startXWiki() neither
> refers a  XWikiExecutor.
> Any way all 3 test modules just need one fresh instance started. Don't need
> an XWiki instance started for each module.
> But easiest way is to do it for each module.

Yes.

> Chamika has used local host.

I actually don't have much idea yet how those tests were supposed to
work. I can assure you there is no permanent running XWiki on this
jenkins agent and never was. I actually tough Chamika was using
xwiki.org (which seems to be the case for other tests) since he told
me he did not had time to setup the test to start a local instance of
XWiki like XE test are doing. Since the test were passing I did not
dug more.

> This is the properties file for tests
> https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/android-client/commit/191c1cd1dd5db05622a881cf2f8e93db811f3133#diff-18
>
> see the property:     public static final String ATTACHMENT_NAME = "a.png";
>
> The server instance needs an attachment with name   a.png in page test2.
> We can't achieve it in the setup because to achieve it we have to use the
> addAttachment() method which itself is one of the methods that need to be
> tested.

You have two solutions here:
* it's not a big deal to use addAttachment() IMO. All it means is that
if addAttachment()  has an issue several tests will fail instead of
one but we want everything to work anyway. addAttachment() is tested
several times instead of one basically. I would go for this one.
* you can always bypass addAttachment() and directly use REST protocol
in your test setup to attach the file like most tests do in
> [...]

>> > We will be running tests bottom up. i.e.  low lvl rest API --> Rest API
>> in
>> > RAL --> application layer UI components. And RAL tests will use low lvl
>> > rest API to achieve its pre-conditions and do cleanup after tests. If low
>> > level fails testing highlvl ones are not meaningful if they depend on the
>> > components that failed. ;-).
>> >
>> > Best Regards.
>> > Sasinda.

>> [hidden email]

>> If

>> failing

>> server

>> have

>> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-enterprise/tree/master/xwiki-enterprise-test/xwiki-enterprise-test-rest

>> com.jayway.maven.plugins.android.generation2:android-maven-plugin:3.3.0(default-internal-pre-integration-test)

Re: [GSoc] XWiki Android

sasinda
All test modules need not be starting and shutting down a Xwiki instance.
I will write two modules which set up server fixture for all test modules
(rest-tests, core-tests, instrumentation-tests) and shut down the server at
completion of running all test modules.
Small issue though is server may not shutdown , because modules are skipped
by maven build when a test module fails.

I'll have to write a separate J2SE module anyway, because the jenkins
server's file system cannot be directly accessed by the emulator.

Thanks.
Best Regards.
Sasinda Rukshan.

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Thomas Mortagne
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> [...]
> >> .

> directing

> API
> >> in
> lvl
> low
> the

> >> [hidden email]

> plugin.
> >> If

> >> failing

> >> server

> was

> >> have

> can
> >> >>> >>>>> >>

> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-enterprise/tree/master/xwiki-enterprise-test/xwiki-enterprise-test-rest

> com.jayway.maven.plugins.android.generation2:android-maven-plugin:3.3.0(default-internal-pre-integration-test)

Re: [GSoc] XWiki Android

sasinda
Hi,
I checked executing xwiki from the XWiki Executor in my local machine.
Cool its working ! :-)

*System.setProperty("xwikiExecutionDirectory","D:\\Xwiki-server");*
*XWikiExecutor executor=new XWikiExecutor(0);*
*executor.start();*

Just need a unique index for Android project with a jetty deployment. ;-).

Thanks.
Regards.

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 2:08 PM, sasinda rukshan <[hidden email]>wrote:

> [...]
>> >>

>> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-test/src/main/java/org/xwiki/test/integration/XWikiExecutor.java
>> >>
>> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-test/src/main/java/org/xwiki/test/integration/XWikiExecutorSuite.java

>> directing

>> API
>> lvl
>> If low
>> on the

>> plugin.

>> was

>> should

>> You can
>> >> >>> >>>>> >>

>> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-enterprise/tree/master/xwiki-enterprise-test/xwiki-enterprise-test-rest

>> com.jayway.maven.plugins.android.generation2:android-maven-plugin:3.3.0(default-internal-pre-integration-test)

Re: [GSoc] XWiki Android

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 2:13 PM, sasinda rukshan
> I checked executing xwiki from the XWiki Executor in my local machine.
> Cool its working ! :-)
>
> System.setProperty("xwikiExecutionDirectory","D:\\Xwiki-server");
> XWikiExecutor executor=new XWikiExecutor(0);
> executor.start();
>
> Just need a unique index for Android project with a jetty deployment. ;-).

You should not provide the xwikiExecutionDirectory in java. You could
do the same as in
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-enterprise/blob/master/xwiki-enterprise-test/pom.xml#L93
and https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-enterprise/blob/master/xwiki-enterprise-test/pom.xml#L172.
All test projects in
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-enterprise/blob/master/xwiki-enterprise-test
unzip the jetty/hsqldb distribution and set various system properties
all that in maven before executing the first line of java.

> Thanks.
> Regards.
>
> On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 2:08 PM, sasinda rukshan <[hidden email]>

>> All test modules need not be starting and shutting down a Xwiki instance.
>> I will write two modules which set up server fixture for all test modules
>> (rest-tests, core-tests, instrumentation-tests) and shut down the server at
>> completion of running all test modules.
>> Small issue though is server may not shutdown , because modules are
>> skipped by maven build when a test module fails.
>>
>> I'll have to write a separate J2SE module anyway, because the jenkins
>> server's file system cannot be directly accessed by the emulator.
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Best Regards.
>> Sasinda Rukshan.
>>

>> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Thomas Mortagne
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Yes.

>>> I actually don't have much idea yet how those tests were supposed to
>>> work. I can assure you there is no permanent running XWiki on this
>>> jenkins agent and never was. I actually tough Chamika was using
>>> xwiki.org (which seems to be the case for other tests) since he told
>>> me he did not had time to setup the test to start a local instance of
>>> XWiki like XE test are doing. Since the test were passing I did not
>>> dug more.

>>> You have two solutions here:
>>> * it's not a big deal to use addAttachment() IMO. All it means is that
>>> if addAttachment()  has an issue several tests will fail instead of
>>> one but we want everything to work anyway. addAttachment() is tested
>>> several times instead of one basically. I would go for this one.
>>> * you can always bypass addAttachment() and directly use REST protocol
>>> in your test setup to attach the file like most tests do in
>>>
>>> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-enterprise/tree/master/xwiki-enterprise-test

>>> --
>>> Thomas Mortagne

Re: [GSoc] XWiki Android

sasinda
Hi
Thanks for pointing out.
Do we have to unzip a distribution each time an automatic build runs?

 <phase>pre-integration-test</phase>
 <goals>

  <goal>unpack</goal>
</goals>

Cant we have an already unpacked one in the Jenkins server?
Any way not a problem for me since Jenkins unzips it ;-).

Thanks.

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]
> [...]

> time
> example

> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-test/src/main/java/org/xwiki/test/integration/XWikiExecutor.java
> >>> >>

> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-test/src/main/java/org/xwiki/test/integration/XWikiExecutorSuite.java

> Rest
> low

> jenkins

> it

> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-enterprise/tree/master/xwiki-enterprise-test/xwiki-enterprise-test-rest
> achieve

> com.jayway.maven.plugins.android.generation2:android-maven-plugin:3.3.0(default-internal-pre-integration-test)
> >>> >> >>> >>>>> >> >

> org.xwiki.android:xwiki-android-tests-instrumentation:1.0-SNAPSHOT

Re: [GSoc] XWiki Android

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 7:50 PM, sasinda rukshan
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi
> Thanks for pointing out.
> Do we have to unzip a distribution each time an automatic build runs?

Yes.

>  <phase>pre-integration-test</phase>
>  <goals>
>
>   <goal>unpack</goal>
> </goals>
>
> Cant we have an already unpacked one in the Jenkins server?

It's a matter of test isolation, it's way too slow to use a new
instance for each test and it's going to be a real mess between tests
which are all seting up the instance the way they need so we decided
to use project as granularity.

> Any way not a problem for me since Jenkins unzips it ;-).

Not Jenkins, Maven.

> Thanks.
>

> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]
>> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 2:13 PM, sasinda rukshan
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > I checked executing xwiki from the XWiki Executor in my local machine.
>> > Cool its working ! :-)
>> >
>> > System.setProperty("xwikiExecutionDirectory","D:\\Xwiki-server");
>> > XWikiExecutor executor=new XWikiExecutor(0);
>> > executor.start();
>> >
>> > Just need a unique index for Android project with a jetty deployment.
>> ;-).
>>
>> You should not provide the xwikiExecutionDirectory in java. You could
>> do the same as in
>>
>> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-enterprise/blob/master/xwiki-enterprise-test/pom.xml#L93
>> and
>> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-enterprise/blob/master/xwiki-enterprise-test/pom.xml#L172
>> .
>> All test projects in
>> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-enterprise/blob/master/xwiki-enterprise-test
>> unzip the jetty/hsqldb distribution and set various system properties
>> all that in maven before executing the first line of java.
>>

>> > Thanks.
>> > Regards.
>> >
>> > On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 2:08 PM, sasinda rukshan <
>> [hidden email]>

>> instance.
>> modules
>> server at

>> Don't

>> https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/android-client/commit/191c1cd1dd5db05622a881cf2f8e93db811f3133#diff-18

>> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-enterprise/tree/master/xwiki-enterprise-test

>> http://ci.xwiki.org/job/xwiki-android-client/216/org.xwiki.android$xwiki-android-tests-instrumentation/

>> needs
>> time
>> example

>> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-test/src/main/java/org/xwiki/test/integration/XWikiExecutor.java
>> >>> >>

>> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-test/src/main/java/org/xwiki/test/integration/XWikiExecutorSuite.java

>> Rest
>> low

>> jenkins

>> it

>> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-enterprise/tree/master/xwiki-enterprise-test/xwiki-enterprise-test-rest
>> achieve

>> com.jayway.maven.plugins.android.generation2:android-maven-plugin:3.3.0(default-internal-pre-integration-test)
>> >>> >> >>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.xwiki.android:xwiki-android-tests-instrumentation:1.0-SNAPSHOT

>> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-enterprise/tree/master/xwiki-enterprise-test/xwiki-enterprise-test-rest

>> --
>> Thomas Mortagne

Re: [GSoc] XWiki Android

sasinda
hi,
>> Not Jenkins, Maven.
;-) meant the server ,since it starts mvn I think . :-)

I made a J2SE module to startup server and create the test pages needed by
all test modules.
Seperate J2SE module was made because the AVD does not have direct access
to server's file system. Anyway its better because for all test modules we
start the server only once.

There are some issues though,
Here are the extracts from jenkins console output.

Unpacking /home/hudsonagent/.m2/repository/org/xwiki/enterprise/xwiki-enterprise-jetty-hsqldb/4.1.3/xwiki-enterprise-jetty-hsqldb-4.1.3.zip
to */home/hudsonagent/hudson_root/workspace/xwiki-android-client/target/test-server/xwiki-enterprise-jetty-hsqldb-4.1.3/*..
with includes "" and excludes ""

xwiki execution
dir:/home/hudsonagent/hudson_root/workspace/xwiki-android-client/target/test-server/xwiki-enterprise-jetty-hsqldb-4.1.3
index: 0 server Url: localhost:8080
Starting XWiki server at [http://localhost:8080]

sleeping 3 sec allowing xwiki to start
Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.Exception: Invalid directory from where to start XWiki
[/home/hudsonagent/hudson_root/workspace/xwiki-android-client/target/test-server/xwiki-enterprise-jetty-hsqldb-4.1.3]
        at org.xwiki.test.integration.utils.XWikiExecutor$1.run(XWikiExecutor.java:206)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Invalid directory from where to start
XWiki [*/home/hudsonagent/hudson_root/workspace/xwiki-android-client/target/test-server/xwiki-enterprise-jetty-hsqldb-4.1.3*]

Well it ran in my windows 7(x64) machine.

What is the problem here?

By the way I bound the dependancy plugin's unpack goal to compile
lifecycle phase. It did not work when bound to 'pre-integration-test'
phase as was the case in the example you gave me.

Anyway it has nothing to do with above error.

Regards

Sasinda.

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Thomas Mortagne
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> [...]
> >> Rest
> >> low
> tests.
> depend

> android

> ignore

> >> jenkins

> (since
> >> it

> restarted

> with

> finish.

> tests.
> >> >>> >> >>> >>>>> >>

> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-enterprise/tree/master/xwiki-enterprise-test/xwiki-enterprise-test-rest
> >> achieve

> com.jayway.maven.plugins.android.generation2:android-maven-plugin:3.3.0(default-internal-pre-integration-test)
> >> >>> >> >>> >>>>> >> >

> >> org.xwiki.android:xwiki-android-tests-instrumentation:1.0-SNAPSHOT

Re: [GSoc] XWiki Android

sasinda
Hi,

I removed the  "*/.."  *from the path were the xwiki server was to unpack.
Now the tests are running quite well. :-)

Regards.

12