Getting XWIKI to run on DB2

jhammonds
I have finally been able to migrate the basic mySQL database structure and data to DB2, with the exception of one row that is contained in the XWIKIDOC table.  The primary key for the row is XWD_ID = 104408758, XWD_NAME = XWikiPreferences.  When I attempt to import this row into DB2, I get the following error.

DB21034E  The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was not a
valid Command Line Processor command.  During SQL processing it returned:
SQL0102N  The string constant beginning with "'head
1.8;\naccess;\nsymbols;\nlocks; strict;\ncomment @# @;\n\n\n1.8\" is too long.
SQLSTATE=54002

Even though I was not able to load this row, I thought I might try to start the XWIKI servlet against the database.  When I attempt to access the main page, I get the following error (see web error below).

First question:  Does anyone know how to get this row inserted, or is there a smaller alternate row that would suffice.

Second question:  Is this most likely the cause of the Tomcat exception (see TOMCAT Exception below) that I am receiving below?

----------------WEB ERROR--------------------------------------
type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Error number 3 in 0: Could not initialize main XWiki context
Wrapped Exception: Error number 3201 in 3: Exception while saving document XWiki.XWikiPreferences
Wrapped Exception: Error number 3221 in 3: Exception while saving class XWiki.XWikiPreferences
Wrapped Exception: Error number 3222 in 3: Exception while saving class XWiki.XWikiPreferences
Wrapped Exception: could not delete: [com.xpn.xwiki.objects.classes.PropertyClass#component[id,name]{name=authenticate_edit, id=104408758}]
        org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processException(RequestProcessor.java:516)
        org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:423)
        org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:226)
        org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1164)
        org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:397)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
        com.xpn.xwiki.web.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:127)

root cause

com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 3 in 0: Could not initialize main XWiki context
Wrapped Exception: Error number 3201 in 3: Exception while saving document XWiki.XWikiPreferences
Wrapped Exception: Error number 3221 in 3: Exception while saving class XWiki.XWikiPreferences
Wrapped Exception: Error number 3222 in 3: Exception while saving class XWiki.XWikiPreferences
Wrapped Exception: could not delete: [com.xpn.xwiki.objects.classes.PropertyClass#component[id,name]{name=authenticate_edit, id=104408758}]
        com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getMainXWiki(XWiki.java:142)
        com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getXWiki(XWiki.java:202)
        com.xpn.xwiki.web.ViewEditAction.execute(ViewEditAction.java:117)
        org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:421)
        org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:226)
        org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1164)
        org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:397)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
        com.xpn.xwiki.web.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:127)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.9 logs.

----------------TOMCAT EXCEPTION-------------------------------
COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL0532N  A parent row cannot be deleted because the relationship "XWIKI.XWIKISTRINGCLASSES.FK300D1FCD99E425B2" restricts the deletion.  SQLSTATE=23504

        at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.throw_SQLException(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:269)
        at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.throw_SQLException(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:206)
        at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.check_return_code(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:457)
        at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2PreparedStatement.execute2(DB2PreparedStatement.java:1759)
        at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(DB2PreparedStatement.java:1293)
        at org.hibernate.jdbc.NonBatchingBatcher.addToBatch(NonBatchingBatcher.java:22)
        at org.hibernate.persister.entity.BasicEntityPersister.delete(BasicEntityPersister.java:2059)
        at org.hibernate.persister.entity.BasicEntityPersister.delete(BasicEntityPersister.java:2203)
        at org.hibernate.action.EntityDeleteAction.execute(EntityDeleteAction.java:59)
        at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.execute(ActionQueue.java:239)
        at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:223)
        at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:141)
        at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractFlushingEventListener.performExecutions(AbstractFlushingEventListener.java:274)
        at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultFlushEventListener.onFlush(DefaultFlushEventListener.java:27)
        at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flush(SessionImpl.java:726)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiHibernateStore.saveXWikiClassProperty(XWikiHibernateStore.java:1288)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiHibernateStore.saveXWikiClass(XWikiHibernateStore.java:1165)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiHibernateStore.saveXWikiDoc(XWikiHibernateStore.java:517)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiHibernateStore.saveXWikiDoc(XWikiHibernateStore.java:557)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiCacheStore.saveXWikiDoc(XWikiCacheStore.java:77)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.saveDocument(XWiki.java:556)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getPrefsClass(XWiki.java:1418)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.initXWiki(XWiki.java:405)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.<init>(XWiki.java:343)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getMainXWiki(XWiki.java:134)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getXWiki(XWiki.java:202)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.web.ViewEditAction.execute(ViewEditAction.java:117)
        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:421)
        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:226)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1164)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:397)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.web.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:127)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Re: Getting XWIKI to run on DB2

Ludovic Dubost-2
[hidden email] wrote:

> I have finally been able to migrate the basic mySQL database structure and data to DB2, with the exception of one row that is contained in the XWIKIDOC table.  The primary key for the row is XWD_ID = 104408758, XWD_NAME = XWikiPreferences.  When I attempt to import this row into DB2, I get the following error.
>
> DB21034E  The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was not a
> valid Command Line Processor command.  During SQL processing it returned:
> SQL0102N  The string constant beginning with "'head
> 1.8;\naccess;\nsymbols;\nlocks; strict;\ncomment @# @;\n\n\n1.8\" is too long.
> SQLSTATE=54002
>
> Even though I was not able to load this row, I thought I might try to start the XWIKI servlet against the database.  When I attempt to access the main page, I get the following error (see web error below).
>
> First question:  Does anyone know how to get this row inserted, or is there a smaller alternate row that would suffice.

I think this is very bad.. it probably means the field to hold the
versioned data is too small.. Even if you manage to load this row, it
will probably mean that after a while the content for this field won't
fit in the row.. This probably means the database conversion hasn't
transformed this field to a sufficiently big field..

I suggest you try loading the db using the import/export script I
published today at http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Backup
It's a cleaner way to import the default DB as it will use the xwiki
hibernate schema update and loading..

> Second question:  Is this most likely the cause of the Tomcat exception (see TOMCAT Exception below) that I am receiving below?

I suspect xwiki does not like the constraints that have been put in the
DB2 database..  This could be critical.. let's see how it goes with the
other import method..

Ludovic

> [...]
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
> at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
> at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
> at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)
> at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)

I attempted to download the "latest" code from the link on the
AdminGuide-Backup page and it failed to download.  Is this available
anywhere else?

Thanks,
Johnnie

> [...]

> at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.initXWiki(XWiki.java:405)
> at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.<init>(XWiki.java:343)
> at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getMainXWiki(XWiki.java:134)
> at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getXWiki(XWiki.java:202)
> at com.xpn.xwiki.web.ViewEditAction.execute(ViewEditAction.java:117)
> at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProces
sor.java:421)
> at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:226)
> at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1164)
> at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:397)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
FilterChain.java:252)
> at
ain.java:173)
> at
com.xpn.xwiki.web.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFi
lter.java:127)
> at
FilterChain.java:202)
> at
ain.java:173)
> at
va:213)
> at
va:178)
)
> at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105
)
> at
:107)
> at
> at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)
> at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:744)
> at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.jav
a:527)
> at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWo
rkerThread.java:80)
> at
a:684)

Re: Getting XWIKI to run on DB2

Ludovic Dubost

What is the exact problem.. I've been able to download the file fine:

[hidden email] wrote:

> I attempted to download the "latest" code from the link on the
> AdminGuide-Backup page and it failed to download.  Is this available
> anywhere else?
>
> Thanks,
> Johnnie

The download had been running for 5 hours, about 45 minutes into the
download, it got to 83%.  For four hours it never went beyond 83%.  I
eventually aborted the download.

Since I sent the original email, I re-attempted the download (about 25
minutes ago) and it is currently at 45%.

Johnnie