Global user rights lost when saving on subwiki XWikiPreferences

Global user rights lost when saving on subwiki XWikiPreferences

iago.lluque
Hi all,

After upgrading from 4.4.1 to LTS 6.4.4 it seems that something gets
messed up with global user rights on subwikis.

If I perform a save on XWikiPreferences page of the subwiki (via
Administer Wiki), global users lose access (at least view rights) on
this subwiki. These rights are restored automatically (something gets
refreshed?) if I do some of the following:

  * Modify anything in rights section both in global wiki and subwiki,
    even if it does not affect user directly: for example,
    adding/removing a user/subgroup to the group of the problematic user
  * Save anything on user's profile (password, email...)
  * Re-set again user's rights or user's group rights

Pitifully those rights are lost, once again, when saving on
XWikiPreferences page.

This does not happen for local users neither if I perform a save on
other subwiki pages.

Perhaps related to this, after upgrading, local users are no longer able
to see the left panels I'm using on subwiki, but global users do.

What might be happening?

Greetings,

Iago

Re: Global user rights lost when saving on subwiki XWikiPreferences

Jamal
I'm having a similar problem.

I have a subwiki that's only visible to a local group. All members of that group are global users.

When I add a member to the local group, all of the group's members lose access.

Toggling all permissions for the group off and then on again (i.e. cycling from allowed to denied to default and back to allowed) fixes the problem, although sometimes I have to do it more than once.

I am on version 6.4.3