Globally changing font, headers and title in XWiki

Globally changing font, headers and title in XWiki

MishaK
I'm using flamingo skin for my xwiki. Trying to make change my default font, as well as header and title colour so it effects every space and page on Wiki. I have tried to find this in administrator settings on wiki but no luck.

Looked up the guides and found a way to change it through file system but I don't have access to that.

Can I do my task through online xwiki? If there is a way to do this with classes, can you please explain how? There are lose extensions and application maybe those can help?

Re: Globally changing font, headers and title in XWiki

MishaK
Sorry I thought I was subscribed remade the post

Hello,
I'm using flamingo skin for my xwiki. Trying to make change my default font, as well as header and title colour so it effects every space and page on Wiki. I have tried to find this in administrator settings on wiki but no luck.

Looked up the guides and found a way to change it through file system but I don't have access to that.

Can I do my task through online xwiki? If there is a way to do this with classes, can you please explain how? There are lose extensions and application maybe those can help?

Re: Globally changing font, headers and title in XWiki

I think those are thing you can customise in the color theme in the
administration.

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 2:15 PM, MishaK <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry I thought I was subscribed remade the post
>
> Hello,
> I'm using flamingo skin for my xwiki. Trying to make change my default font,
> as well as header and title colour so it effects every space and page on
> Wiki. I have tried to find this in administrator settings on wiki but no
> luck.
>
> Looked up the guides and found a way to change it through file system but I
> don't have access to that.
>
> Can I do my task through online xwiki? If there is a way to do this with
> classes, can you please explain how? There are lose extensions and
> application maybe those can help?

Re: Globally changing font, headers and title in XWiki

MishaK
Okay, I changed the font thank you for that!
I don't know how to change the default Title and Headings colour.
I can only see colour modification for all text, backgrounds and so on.

Here is a picture:

Globally changing font, headers and title in XWiki

mahomed
Hi

On that same tab you are looking at (Base colors) scroll down and change the value for @headings-color. This will allow you to change all the titles and headings. I hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Mahomed

<http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/file/n7594315/Color_Theme.png>

Re: Globally changing font, headers and title in XWiki

MishaK
I don't have the @headings-color option
All i have is @text-color, @body-bg, @xwiki-page-content-bg, @link-color, @brand-primary, @brand-success, @brand-info, @brand-warning, @brand-danger, @component-active-color and @component-active-bg

Re: Globally changing font, headers and title in XWiki

mahomed
I’m afraid someone with more experience will have to advise. I’m logged in as Admin and can see the @headings-color option as you can see from the image below. Are you logged in as Admin? That’s the only other thing I can think of.

Re: Globally changing font, headers and title in XWiki

MishaK
Yes, I am using administrator account. It looks like ONLY @headings-color is missing. Any suggestion on how to fix this problem?

Re: Globally changing font, headers and title in XWiki

http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-11679

This issue is fixed in  6.2.5, 7.0-milestone-1, 6.4.1 versions.

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 10:37 PM, MishaK <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, I am using administrator account. It looks like ONLY @headings-color
> is
> missing. Any suggestion on how to fix this problem?

Re: Globally changing font, headers and title in XWiki

MishaK
This post was updated on .
Thank you for your answer!
We are using 6.3 version. In the patch it says the issue is fixed in the 6.2.5 version but maybe updating to the latest version will help. Is there a way to upgrade the xwiki through web without accessing the local files?
Also, can I fix the issue with the advanced option in the Color Theme using @lessCode or something? If so, how?

Regards,
Michael

Re: Globally changing font, headers and title in XWiki

- Go to your FlamingoTheme editor, like 'edit/FlamingoThemes/Charcoal'
- Go to section 'Advanced', in the textarea write: "@headings-color: blue;"

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 3:23 PM, MishaK <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you for your answer!
> Is there a way to upgrade the xwiki through web without accessing the local
> files?
> Also, can I fix the issue with the advanced option in the Color Theme using
> @lessCode or something? If so, how?
>
> Regards,
> Michael

Re: Globally changing font, headers and title in XWiki

MishaK
That worked, thanks again!
Is there a separate class for the topic title colour? I want it to have separate colours from the rest of the headers.

Regards,
Michael

Re: Globally changing font, headers and title in XWiki

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
Not sure what you mean by 'Topic title color'? Are you refering to the
Forum App?

Anyway, you should inspect with Firebug or with your browser's Inspector,
see what class has the header you need and write the appropiate CSS
selector for it.

For example, the @headings-color is set for "h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6".

For example, you could write something like this:
"
@headings-color: blue;

#document-title h1 {
  color: green;
}
"
in order to have a different color for the main page header (that has the
id='document-title'), but again ... depends what you are talking about.

I meant the topic title of the page at the top. In this case it was heading 1 so I followed your example and everything worked.
Thank you very much, I appreciate it! Been trying to solve this problem for a week. I couldn't exactly find what i was looking for in documentation and guides for xwiki. It's great that you guys follow and support this forum!

Re: Globally changing font, headers and title in XWiki

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
I'm glad that you solved your problem.

Have fun,
Caty