Google Summer of Code ideas and mentors

We have a first list of ideas for the Google Summer of Code here
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Projects/WebHome

You should add additional ideas on this page. The more we have
candidates that want to do a project on XWiki the more chance we have to
get a high number of projects.

We will then have to choose by taking into account the quality of the
candidate and the importance of the sub-project for the XWiki Roadmap.

Also, one thing that would help getting more project is having more
mentors to help out the students. If any of you is interested in helping
us out mentoring the students, please tell us so. We already have some
experience mentoring. The mentoring job has to be pro-active, asking a
lot what the student is doing, as the student usually don't tell much.

Re: Google Summer of Code ideas and mentors

jeremi joslin
On 4/19/06, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a first list of ideas for the Google Summer of Code here
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Projects/WebHome
>
> You should add additional ideas on this page. The more we have
> candidates that want to do a project on XWiki the more chance we have to
> get a high number of projects.
>
> We will then have to choose by taking into account the quality of the
> candidate and the importance of the sub-project for the XWiki Roadmap.
>
> Also, one thing that would help getting more project is having more
> mentors to help out the students. If any of you is interested in helping
> us out mentoring the students, please tell us so. We already have some
> experience mentoring. The mentoring job has to be pro-active, asking a
> lot what the student is doing, as the student usually don't tell much.

I just want to add, the decision for who will be part of the summer of
code 2006 will be done with the commiters of XWiki and the others
mentors.

Jérémi
--
Blog: http://www.jeremi.info