Groovy roadmap

Shiva Shankar
Hi
Is there is a roadmap for supporting the latest groovy versions? I am aware that there were some issues when the upgrade to 1.0 was tried earlier. However, Groovy 1.5 has been released and apparently there are some major performance benefits.
Put another way, what is the priority within the developer community to fix the existing issues and/or move to the latest groovy version?
Thanks
Shiva

Re: Groovy roadmap

We intend to upgrade to Groovy 1.5, but currently that is not a
priority. I think it would be better to do the upgrade when it will be
moved as a component, as the effort to search for problems in the
current core is quite large.

It is not a priority, as there are no known bugs affecting the usage of
Groovy in XWiki, and because it is not used intensively in the wiki, the
performance improvement will not be visible.

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/