[Help] Where are the spaces?

Giordano Ninonà
Hi Devs,

I am writing because I can't find how to create new spaces*...*I am working
with XWiki Enterprise 7.2 and now there are only pages without any space...

How can I create new spaces? or better...There were some changes on this
aspect in XWiki?

Sorry but maybe I've missed something about that....

Giordano.

Re: [Help] Where are the spaces?

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
Hi Giordano,

In XE 7.2 we introduced the concept of Nested Pages, deprecating the space
concept.

You can read all about it in the release notes,
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotesXWiki72#HNestedPages

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 5:21 PM, Giordano Ninonà <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> I am writing because I can't find how to create new spaces*...*I am working
> with XWiki Enterprise 7.2 and now there are only pages without any space...
>
> How can I create new spaces? or better...There were some changes on this
> aspect in XWiki?
>
> Sorry but maybe I've missed something about that....
>
> Giordano.

Re: [Help] Where are the spaces?

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
And http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/ContentOrganization

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 5:24 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Hi Giordano,
>
> In XE 7.2 we introduced the concept of Nested Pages, deprecating the space
> concept.
>
> You can read all about it in the release notes,
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotesXWiki72#HNestedPages
>
> Thanks,
> Caty
>
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 5:21 PM, Giordano Ninonà <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Devs,
>>
>> I am writing because I can't find how to create new spaces*...*I am
>> working
>> with XWiki Enterprise 7.2 and now there are only pages without any
>> space...
>>
>> How can I create new spaces? or better...There were some changes on this
>> aspect in XWiki?
>>
>> Sorry but maybe I've missed something about that....
>>
>> Giordano.

Re: [Help] Where are the spaces?

Giordano Ninonà
Thank you very much :)

> And http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/ContentOrganization
>

> On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 5:24 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <
> [hidden email]
> > wrote:
>
> > Hi Giordano,
> >
> > In XE 7.2 we introduced the concept of Nested Pages, deprecating the
> space
> > concept.
> >
> > You can read all about it in the release notes,
> >
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotesXWiki72#HNestedPages
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Caty
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 5:21 PM, Giordano Ninonà <
> [hidden email]
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Devs,
> >>
> >> I am writing because I can't find how to create new spaces*...*I am
> >> working
> >> with XWiki Enterprise 7.2 and now there are only pages without any
> >> space...
> >>
> >> How can I create new spaces? or better...There were some changes on this
> >> aspect in XWiki?
> >>
> >> Sorry but maybe I've missed something about that....
> >>
> >> Giordano.

Re: [Help] Where are the spaces?

Guillaume Lerouge
Hi Giordano,

this was indeed a big change starting with XE 7.2, so feedback would be
highly appreciated :-)

Thanks,

Guillaume

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 4:35 PM, Giordano Ninonà <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thank you very much :)

> > And
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/ContentOrganization
> >

> > On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 5:24 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <
> > [hidden email]
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Giordano,
> > >
> > > In XE 7.2 we introduced the concept of Nested Pages, deprecating the
> > space
> > > concept.
> > >
> > > You can read all about it in the release notes,
> > >

> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotesXWiki72#HNestedPages
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Caty
> > >
> > > On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 5:21 PM, Giordano Ninonà <
> > [hidden email]

> this

Re: [Help] Where are the spaces?

Giordano Ninonà
So as i've undesrtood, there aren't any space anymore from de UI
prespective, but if I've a component which has to delete and modify pges in
a space, I can still use the same API to access the space and its pages?

GIordano.

> Hi Giordano,
>
> this was indeed a big change starting with XE 7.2, so feedback would be
> highly appreciated :-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Guillaume
>
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 4:35 PM, Giordano Ninonà <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Thank you very much :)

> >:
> >
> > > And
> > http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/ContentOrganization
> > >

> > > On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 5:24 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <
> > > [hidden email]

> > > space

> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotesXWiki72#HNestedPages

> > > [hidden email]

> > this

Re: [Help] Where are the spaces?

On 3 Dec 2015 at 09:39:45, Giordano Ninonà ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:

> So as i've undesrtood, there aren't any space anymore from de UI
> prespective, but if I've a component which has to delete and modify pges in
> a space, I can still use the same API to access the space and its pages?

Yes

You’ve understood correctly! :)