Help on translation using l10n.xwiki.org

Help on translation using l10n.xwiki.org

xrichard
Hello,

Since I have a XWiki hosted at myxwiki.org, I'm trying to fully use it in french and I've started to update XWiki french translation. Here are some questions to help me achieve this goal "a XWiki full in french":

1. Do curriki strings also needs to be translated? Is this project still active?

2. While editing and saving a page in any Wiki, I see sentences I can not find how to translate:
   . bottom buttons like "Sauver & Continuer" are in french but can't find them on l10n.xwiki.org to change them, even with the new search form ;-)
   . little alert messages "Saving..." then "Saved" displayed at the bottom of the screen are in english but can't find them neither on l10n.xwiki.org
Please see video at https://www.box.com/s/fdutid41ahh6sixpicdq with these strings.

3. more general question: I see when I go to the Wiki admin page the message "December 29: Upgraded xwiki to version 4.4-rc-1. Don't forget to upgrade your wiki". Does it mean that part of myxwiki.org upgrade is not automatic and needs to be done by each Wiki personnal admin manualy? How to check the version of my hosted Wiki to be sure this upgrade need to be done? How translations are upgraded on myxwiki.org?

Thanks for your answers to clarify all these topics, regards,

Re: Help on translation using l10n.xwiki.org

xrichard
Hello,

After some searches I have found 1 answer to my questions:

2.1 the search in l10n.xwiki.org is case sensitive "Sauver" is different from "sauver"

I add an new question: is there a translation review process?

Best regards,

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 11:17 AM, xrichard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Since I have a XWiki hosted at myxwiki.org, I'm trying to fully use it in
> french and I've started to update XWiki french translation. Here are some
> questions to help me achieve this goal "a XWiki full in french":
>
> 1. Do curriki strings also needs to be translated? Is this project still
> active?

This project is still active but it's actually quite separated from
the main XWiki development. You should probably ask questions on
http://xclams.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/MailingLists (xclams
is the framework behind curriki and is itself based on XWiki).

> 2. While editing and saving a page in any Wiki, I see sentences I can not
> find how to translate:
>    . bottom buttons like "Sauver & Continuer" are in french but can't find
> them on l10n.xwiki.org to change them, even with the new search form ;-)
>    . little alert messages "Saving..." then "Saved" displayed at the bottom
> of the screen are in english but can't find them neither on l10n.xwiki.org
> Please see video at https://www.box.com/s/fdutid41ahh6sixpicdq with these
> strings.
>
> 3. more general question: I see when I go to the Wiki admin page the message
> "December 29: Upgraded xwiki to version 4.4-rc-1. Don't forget to upgrade
> your wiki". Does it mean that part of myxwiki.org upgrade is not automatic
> and needs to be done by each Wiki personnal admin manualy? How to check the
> version of my hosted Wiki to be sure this upgrade need to be done? How
> translations are upgraded on myxwiki.org?

Yes, we upgrade the WAR but it's each admi wiki responsability to
update wiki pages (the XARs), see
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Upgrade#HUpgradingwikidocuments.
We are working hard on making this easier but right noew Distribution
Manager is still pretty farm admin oriented.

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 7:00 PM, xrichard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After some searches I have found 1 answer to my questions:
>
> 2.1 the search in l10n.xwiki.org is case sensitive "Sauver" is different
> from "sauver"

Do you think it's wrong (I honestly don't know and tend to respect the
case by default) ?

> I add an new question: is there a translation review process?

There is one (each translation has a reviewed state) but since there
was nobody to actually review translations we decided to export even
not reviewed translations.

Le 22/01/2013 08:54, Thomas Mortagne a écrit :
>> the search in l10n.xwiki.org is case sensitive "Sauver" is different
>> from "sauver"
> Do you think it's wrong (I honestly don't know and tend to respect the
> case by default) ?
No problem, users just need to know it.
>> I add an new question: is there a translation review process?
> There is one (each translation has a reviewed state) but since there
> was nobody to actually review translations we decided to export even
> not reviewed translations.
Ok. Is there any other french translators to build a "team" / share opinions on
strings ?

Regards,

Nam

2013/1/22 Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>

> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 11:17 AM, xrichard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Since I have a XWiki hosted at myxwiki.org, I'm trying to fully use it
> in
> > french and I've started to update XWiki french translation. Here are some
> > questions to help me achieve this goal "a XWiki full in french":
> >
> > 1. Do curriki strings also needs to be translated? Is this project still
> > active?
>
> This project is still active but it's actually quite separated from
> the main XWiki development. You should probably ask questions on
> http://xclams.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/MailingLists (xclams
> is the framework behind curriki and is itself based on XWiki).

The Curriki project has been split in sub-projects:

XCLAMS for the core
Curriki for Curriki.org which is mainly english based
Sankore for planete.sankore.org which is mainly french based

It is planned to bring back work from both curriki.org and sankore.org (as
they are both LGPL and published) into XCLAMS and to have proper
english/french translations for XCLAMS but this will only start in Q2 2013.
We will update the projects on L10N accordingly when this happens. At this
point it would not really help

Thanks for asking
Ludovic

> > 2. While editing and saving a page in any Wiki, I see sentences I can not
> > find how to translate:
> >    . bottom buttons like "Sauver & Continuer" are in french but can't
> find
> > them on l10n.xwiki.org to change them, even with the new search form ;-)
> >    . little alert messages "Saving..." then "Saved" displayed at the
> bottom
> > of the screen are in english but can't find them neither on
> l10n.xwiki.org
> > Please see video at https://www.box.com/s/fdutid41ahh6sixpicdq with
> these
> > strings.
> >
> > 3. more general question: I see when I go to the Wiki admin page the
> message
> > "December 29: Upgraded xwiki to version 4.4-rc-1. Don't forget to upgrade
> > your wiki". Does it mean that part of myxwiki.org upgrade is not
> automatic
> > and needs to be done by each Wiki personnal admin manualy? How to check
> the
> > version of my hosted Wiki to be sure this upgrade need to be done? How
> > translations are upgraded on myxwiki.org?
>
> Yes, we upgrade the WAR but it's each admi wiki responsability to
> update wiki pages (the XARs), see
>
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Upgrade#HUpgradingwikidocuments
> .
> We are working hard on making this easier but right noew Distribution
> Manager is still pretty farm admin oriented.
>

> > Thanks for your answers to clarify all these topics, regards,

Founder and CEO
Blog: http://blog.ludovic.org/
XWiki: http://www.xwiki.com
Skype: ldubost GTalk: ldubost

Le 22/01/2013 20:47, Ludovic Dubost a écrit :
>> The Curriki project has been split in sub-projects: XCLAMS for the core
>> Curriki for Curriki.org which is mainly english based Sankore for
>> planete.sankore.org which is mainly french based It is planned to bring back
>> work from both curriki.org and sankore.org (as they are both LGPL and
>> published) into XCLAMS and to have proper english/french translations for
>> XCLAMS but this will only start in Q2 2013. We will update the projects on
>> L10N accordingly when this happens. At this point it would not really help
>> Thanks for asking Ludovic

Ok. Nothing to do regarding translation on these projects, yet.

Best regards,