Help required to migrate XWiki Version 0.9.840 to XWiki 1.1.x

Help required to migrate XWiki Version 0.9.840 to XWiki 1.1.x

Zhao Koh
Hi there,

We are trying to migrate XWiki in our company from 0.9.840 to XWiki 1.1.x. What is the best way to approach the migration? I have done some googling but there is no obvious migration guidelines available.

We have created a new database and deployed the latest XWiki to the new database. However now we have to export the data from 0.9.840 (which does not have a export tool) to this new database (which I assume the database schema is different from 0.9.840).

Just wondering if anyone can provide us some insights? If anyone has any scripts written to export the data out from 0.9.840 (as a XAR or others), that will be really helpful.

Thanks.

Regards,
Zhao

Re: Help required to migrate XWiki Version 0.9.840 to XWiki 1.1.x

Jean-Vincent Drean
Hi,

It has been recently discussed on the list, see here :
http://www.nabble.com/Help-on-upgrade-from-0.9.853-tf4554701.html

hope that it helps,
JV.

2007/10/10, Zhao Koh <[hidden email]>:

> Hi there,
>
> We are trying to migrate XWiki in our company from 0.9.840 to XWiki 1.1.x.
> What is the best way to approach the migration? I have done some googling
> but there is no obvious migration guidelines available.
>
> We have created a new database and deployed the latest XWiki to the new
> database. However now we have to export the data from 0.9.840 (which does
> not have a export tool) to this new database (which I assume the database
> schema is different from 0.9.840).
>
> Just wondering if anyone can provide us some insights? If anyone has any
> scripts written to export the data out from 0.9.840 (as a XAR or others),
> that will be really helpful.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Zhao

Re: Help required to migrate XWiki Version 0.9.840 to XWiki 1.1.x

Víctor A. Rodríguez (Bit-Man)
Hi Zhao,

> We are trying to migrate XWiki in our company from 0.9.840 to XWiki
> 1.1.x. What is the best way to approach the migration? I have done
> some googling but there is no obvious migration guidelines available.
>
> We have created a new database and deployed the latest XWiki to the
> new database. However now we have to export the data from 0.9.840
> (which does not have a export tool) to this new database (which I
> assume the database schema is different from 0.9.840).
>
> Just wondering if anyone can provide us some insights? If anyone has
> any scripts written to export the data out from 0.9.840 (as a XAR or
> others), that will be really helpful.

I've just added this procedure to the installation page (take a look at
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Installation#HUpgradinganXWikiv09Installation).

Enjoy !

--
Víctor A. Rodríguez (http://www.bit-man.com.ar)
El bit Fantasma (Bit-Man) - Algorithm junkie

Víctor A. Rodríguez wrote:

> Hi Zhao,
>
>> [a lot of stuff deleted]
>>
>> Just wondering if anyone can provide us some insights? If anyone has
>> any scripts written to export the data out from 0.9.840 (as a XAR or
>> others), that will be really helpful.
>>

> I've just added this procedure to the installation page (take a look at
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Installation#HUpgradinganXWikiv09Installation).

Zhao has pointed me out for some misinterpretations on this procedure,
so I've updated it a bit, just made it clear what "the proper
procedures" to copy data means by giving some examples.
If anyone can provide more examples or some instructions for other
databases, will be fine to put them in the wiki.

--
Víctor A. Rodríguez (http://www.bit-man.com.ar)
El bit Fantasma (Bit-Man) - Algorithm junkie
Perl Mongers Capital Federal (http://cafe.pm.org/)
GNU/Linux User Group - FCEyN - UBA (http://glugcen.dc.uba.ar/

Re: Help required to migrate XWiki Version 0.9.840 to XWiki 1.1.x

Great, thanks Victor. Just got someone asking me how to export data
from a 0.9 wiki.

BTW has someone tried using
http://old.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Test/ImportExport ?

Does it work?

Vincent Massol wrote:
> Great, thanks Victor. Just got someone asking me how to export data
> from a 0.9 wiki.
>
> BTW has someone tried using
> http://old.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Test/ImportExport ?
>
> Does it work?

I tried, but it didn't work :-(
When a space is selected the pages contained in it aren't shown
BTW, which spaces are used for wiki pages and which ones are used for
XWiki core ??