Help: setting preferences for a space does not set them...

Help: setting preferences for a space does not set them...

jicaza
Hi,
I just want to change the copyright notice. We have XWiki 0.9.840. I have Admin rights. This is what I did:

1 create brand new space by linking to it from elsewhere: [Research.Proposals]
2 hit ? to create that page ...view/Research/Proposals
3 Select more actions/Space Preferences/Presentation
4 All fields are shown empty. I assume this is interpreted as "use XWiki preference for this field"
5 I write "Copyright <company name>" in the copyright field
6 Hit Save Preferences
7 Go to page just created and reload.

Result: copyright notice still not changed in that space. Am I doing something wrong? I'd appreciate your help

--jose

Re: Help: setting preferences for a space does not set them...

jeremi joslin

> I just want to change the copyright notice. We have XWiki 0.9.840. I have Admin rights. This is what I did:
>
> 1 create brand new space by linking to it from elsewhere: [Research.Proposals]
> 2 hit ? to create that page ...view/Research/Proposals
> 3 Select more actions/Space Preferences/Presentation
> 4 All fields are shown empty. I assume this is interpreted as "use XWiki preference for this field"
> 5 I write "Copyright <company name>" in the copyright field
> 6 Hit Save Preferences
> 7 Go to page just created and reload.
>
> Result: copyright notice still not changed in that space. Am I doing something wrong? I'd appreciate your help
And if you return to the setting page, does the value is saved?

Jérémi
--
portable : 06.73.20.11.49
http://www.jeremi.info

Re: Help: setting preferences for a space does not set them...

jicaza

> And if you return to the setting page, does the value is saved?

Yes, it is saved. Further, changing the copyright text in
XWiki.WebPreferences does work: it is modified in all spaces. But changing
it in just one space doesn't work. And this happens not just with the
copyright text, but also with page title, buttons or whatever

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 04:45:41 -0500, jeremi joslin <[hidden email]>

>> I just want to change the copyright notice. We have XWiki 0.9.840. I
>> have Admin rights. This is what I did:
>>
>> 1 create brand new space by linking to it from elsewhere:
>> [Research.Proposals]
>> 2 hit ? to create that page ...view/Research/Proposals
>> 3 Select more actions/Space Preferences/Presentation
>> 4 All fields are shown empty. I assume this is interpreted as "use
>> XWiki preference for this field"
>> 5 I write "Copyright <company name>" in the copyright field
>> 6 Hit Save Preferences
>> 7 Go to page just created and reload.
>>
>> Result: copyright notice still not changed in that space. Am I doing
>> something wrong? I'd appreciate your help
>
> And if you return to the setting page, does the value is saved?
>
> J?r?mi
> --
> portable : 06.73.20.11.49
> http://www.jeremi.info
> http://www.xwiki.com - http://www.moovement.com
> skype: jeremi23

Re: Help: setting preferences for a space does not set them...

Ludovic Dubost

Your issues was a bug
http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-191

It's fixed in the current SVN and will be in the next release.

Thanks for reporting it.
Ludovic