Hierarchical document structures

Willi Schiegel
Hello all,

is it possible to have hierarchical document structures in Xwiki like it
is possible with Dokuwikis name spaces?

In Dokuwiki I can have

Home -> Personal Pages -> User One -> Project 1 -> Coding
Home -> Personal Pages -> User One -> Project 2 -> Coding

where the two "Coding" pages are different.

Thank you.

Greetings,
Willi

Re: Hierarchical document structures

rrodrigueznt
Hi!

Willi Schiegel wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> is it possible to have hierarchical document structures in Xwiki like it
> is possible with Dokuwikis name spaces?
>
> In Dokuwiki I can have
>
> Home -> Personal Pages -> User One -> Project 1 -> Coding
> Home -> Personal Pages -> User One -> Project 2 -> Coding
>
> where the two "Coding" pages are different.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Greetings,
> Willi

To the best of my knowledge, hierarchy in XWiki is currently limited to
two levels: Space and Document, but there are other solutions to create
deeper taxonomies. See this...

http://n2.nabble.com/Taxonomy-td3436151.html

HTH,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
Your EPEC Network ICT Team

Re: Hierarchical document structures

On Aug 28, 2009, at 11:49 AM, [Ricardo Rodriguez] Your EPEC Network
ICT Team wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Willi Schiegel wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> is it possible to have hierarchical document structures in Xwiki
>> like it
>> is possible with Dokuwikis name spaces?
>>
>> In Dokuwiki I can have
>>
>> Home -> Personal Pages -> User One -> Project 1 -> Coding
>> Home -> Personal Pages -> User One -> Project 2 -> Coding
>>
>> where the two "Coding" pages are different.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Willi
>
> To the best of my knowledge, hierarchy in XWiki is currently limited
> two levels: Space and Document,

3 levels actually: wiki, space, document

We'd like to add nested spaces later on but this requires an important
refactoring of the Model code.

> but there are other solutions to create
> deeper taxonomies. See this...
>
> http://n2.nabble.com/Taxonomy-td3436151.html
>
> HTH,
>
> Ricardo

Re: Hierarchical document structures

Willi Schiegel
Thank you very much for the quick answers.

Greetings,
Willi