Horizontal Menu within a page

pinkerp
I am trying to figure out how to display a vertical menu within a page.  I was playing around with the Menu Macro and I can get it to work just fine in a panel, but in a page, only the horizontal menu hides the sub items until the main item is expanded.  With the Vertical, it simply displays all items.

Paul Pinkerton
KnowledgeNow Project/ ACLCO

Re: Horizontal Menu within a page

Marius Dumitru Florea
It works fine for me with:

{{menu type="vertical collapsible"}}
{{include reference="Menu.Test" /}}
{{/menu}}

where Menu.Test page was created with the Menu Application using the
default content suggested. Only the top level entries (Home, Applications,
Documentation) are visible on page load.

Hope this helps,
Marius

On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 12:10 AM, Paul Pinkerton (ACLCO) <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I am trying to figure out how to display a vertical menu within a page.  I
> was playing around with the Menu Macro and I can get it to work just fine
> in a panel, but in a page, only the horizontal menu hides the sub items
> until the main item is expanded.  With the Vertical, it simply displays all
> items.
>
> Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
>
> Paul Pinkerton
> KnowledgeNow Project/ ACLCO

Re: Horizontal Menu within a page

pinkerp
Thanks so much, Marius.  I was using "vertical" instead of "vertical collapsible" as the value.

As a suggestion to the community, perhaps this page could be clarified a bit - http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Menu+Application#HParameters
Under Parameters, it lists horizontal and vertical as the values.  I missed the values used in the examples that were different.

Thanks so much for your help!!

wrote:

> I am trying to figure out how to display a vertical menu within a
> page.  I was playing around with the Menu Macro and I can get it to
> work just fine in a panel, but in a page, only the horizontal menu
> hides the sub items until the main item is expanded.  With the
> Vertical, it simply displays all items.
>
> Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
>
> Paul Pinkerton
> KnowledgeNow Project/ ACLCO

Re: Horizontal Menu within a page

Marius Dumitru Florea
On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 5:00 PM, Paul Pinkerton (ACLCO) <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thanks so much, Marius.  I was using "vertical" instead of "vertical
> collapsible" as the value.
>

> As a suggestion to the community, perhaps this page could be clarified a
> bit -
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Menu+Application#HParameters
> Under Parameters, it lists horizontal and vertical as the values.  I
> missed the values used in the examples that were different.

There's a paragraph below the list of parameters (right under the "type"
parameter) that mentions how "collapsible" can be used.