How to avoid converting an URL into an external link

CT

How to avoid converting an URL into an external link

CT
I would like to know how to avoid converting an URL into an external link and therefor having a icon after the text ?

I've seen that on MediaWiki (https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Links/en#External_links_to_internal_pages), you can do it by 2 ways :
or
<nowiki>https://mediawiki.org</nowiki>

Re: How to avoid converting an URL into an external link

Richter, Tobias
Here is the solution:

{{html}} <a href="www.google.com" target="_blank">GOOGLE</a>{{/html}}

Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary. Help BORSI-Group go green!

Re: How to avoid converting an URL into an external link

> On 23 Feb 2017, at 13:04, CT <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I would like to know how to avoid converting an URL into an external link and
> therefor having a icon after the text ?
>
> I've seen that on MediaWiki
> (https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Links/en#External_links_to_internal_pages),
> you can do it by 2 ways :
>
> or

You’re missing some text here…

The format depends on the syntax you use. For ex for XWiki Syntax 2.0+:

[[label>>page1.page2]]

This will generate an internal link.

CT

Thank you !

Re: How to avoid converting an URL into an external link

> On 23 Feb 2017, at 13:24, Richter, Tobias <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Here is the solution:
>
> {{html}} <a href="www.google.com" target="_blank">GOOGLE</a>{{/html}}

This is not a good idea ;)

You should use the link syntax for the syntax at hand.

If you use your solution and you rename the interna page you won’t an automatic refactoring for ex. It’s also going to make it hard to edit in wysiwyg for ex, and it’s overly complex :)

Solution in xwiki syntax 2.0+ is simply: [[label>>page1.page2]]

See http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/XWikiSyntax?syntax=2.1&section=Links

> Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary. Help BORSI-Group go green!

CT

Re: How to avoid converting an URL into an external link

CT
Your remark is for internal URL , but I have an external URL  like in my previous exemple...

Re: How to avoid converting an URL into an external link

> On 23 Feb 2017, at 13:32, CT <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Your remark is for internal URL , but I have an *external* URL  like in my
> previous exemple…

You pointed to a doc mentioning internal links….

For external links you’ll need to modify the CSS used if you don’t want external links to show the icon that shows that they are external. But that’s a feature not a problem ;)

Just use firebug or chrome dev tools and find the CSS, then use some SSX to override if you need (google xwiki stylesheet).

CT

Re: How to avoid converting an URL into an external link

CT
I don't know how to and wouldn't like to modify the CSS of our xWiki (so do my administrator).

So, as I asked at the begining of the post, is there a way, like with MediaWiki, to avoid the icon atfer an external link ?

Why couldn't I use the proposed syntax :
{{html}} <a href="www.google.com" target="_blank">GOOGLE</a>{{/html}}

Re: How to avoid converting an URL into an external link

> On 23 Feb 2017, at 13:42, CT <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I don't know how to and wouldn't like to modify the CSS of our xWiki (so do
> my administrator).
>
> So, as I asked at the begining of the post, is there a way, like with
> MediaWiki, to avoid the icon atfer an external link ?

I answered that already.

CT

Re: How to avoid converting an URL into an external link

CT
Looking for the CSS solution, I've noticed that there's a class wich I would like to modify :

Actually :
.wikiexternallink{background:url("/resources/icons/xwiki/external-link.png") no-repeat scroll right center transparent;padding-right:12px;}

Wanted : defalut parameter for the background et the padding-right

How to do this ? Could you help me as I've never done this before ?

Do I have to create an object when modifying the concerned xWiki page ?
Whiche type ? XWiki.XWikiSyntaxClass (1) ?
And what to put in Category, Section, Minimum Syntax Version and Maximum Syntax Version ?

Re: How to avoid converting an URL into an external link

> On 23 Feb 2017, at 15:31, CT <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Looking for the CSS solution, I've noticed that there's a class wich I would
> like to modify :
>
> Actually :
> .wikiexternallink{background:url("/resources/icons/xwiki/external-link.png")
> no-repeat scroll right center transparent;padding-right:12px;}
>
> Wanted : defalut parameter for the background et the padding-right
>

> How to do this ? Could you help me as I've never done this before ?

This is what I was trying to say in my reply before when I said: "Just use firebug or chrome dev tools and find the CSS, then use some SSX to override if you need (google xwiki stylesheet).”

I googled “xwiki stylesheet” and the first link is:
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/SkinExtensionsTutorial

Using a SSX will allow you to override the CSS.