How to do merge copy for upgrading xwiki

How to do merge copy for upgrading xwiki

hamiazuhk26
HI, there
I am installing xwiki 8.3 version and i am using this version to import page, create page, forum and many more. I am thinking on how to save all my data , afraid if something happen the data will be lost. Just found this link but it does not really help me
upgrading

I have read some notes, and tells me to backup several files/folder but need to do MERGE COPY INSTEAD OF PURE COPY. What is mean by merge copy? I don't understand and don't have idea how to backup it and insert into newer version.

please help