How to rename the main space?

mohit gupta
I want to rename the main space to some other name but i dont fine a link
which helps me to do that. I am on xwiki 3.2.

Re: How to rename the main space?

On Feb 21, 2012, at 4:13 PM, mohit gupta wrote:

> I want to rename the main space to some other name but i dont fine a link
> which helps me to do that. I am on xwiki 3.2.

See http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Rename+Space

Also note that this feature is planned to be provided OOB in future releases:
http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-6722

Re: How to rename the main space?

Roman Muntyanu
One note is that if size of your attachments per page are big enough (more than allowed per transaction in your DBMS), rename might fail due to this issue http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-7040
If that will happen your information will be split between 2 spaces - the new and the old one - and many links will become inconsistent.

So I strongly recommend to backup before renaming.

On Feb 21, 2012, at 4:13 PM, mohit gupta wrote:

> I want to rename the main space to some other name but i dont fine a
> link which helps me to do that. I am on xwiki 3.2.

See http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Rename+Space

Also note that this feature is planned to be provided OOB in future releases:
http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-6722

Re: How to rename the main space?

mohit gupta
Hi Vincet,

I tried this it renamed the some of the spaces but not main spaces showed
multiple error when i tried to rename.

But now bigger problem is i am not even able to restore previous main
space. Previously webhome page used to list all the spaces  but now it says
unable to execute macros. I did delete that gadget but dont know which
gadget it was to add it again

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:47 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Feb 21, 2012, at 4:13 PM, mohit gupta wrote:
>
> > I want to rename the main space to some other name but i dont fine a link
> > which helps me to do that. I am on xwiki 3.2.
>
> See http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Rename+Space
>
> Also note that this feature is planned to be provided OOB in future
> releases:
> http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-6722

Fwd: How to rename the main space?

mohit gupta
i dont think this work for bigger spaces .Atleast it did not wotk for main
space though workked for other spaces. I survived because of xwiki back up.