How to resend activation link

mahomed
Hi

Is there a way to re-send the activation link/code to a user without having to delete and recreate the user account? I’ve already configured permissions for this user and I really don’t want to have to do it again please. I created several users and they thought it was wiser to not activate it at the time.

Kind regards,

Mahomed Hussein
Custodian Data Centre
Email: [hidden email]
http://www.CustodianDC.com

Re: How to resend activation link

mahomed
Any ideas please? I've tried to look at the code of the registration page and I can't see how to butcher it resend the email.

Ideally, what should happen is that the page that asks for the validation key should give the option to update the email address and to also resend the email (in case the user made a typo with the email in the first place). Should I log this as a bug?

Kind regards,

Mahomed Hussein
Custodian Data Centre
Email: [hidden email]
http://www.CustodianDC.com

Re: How to resend activation link

> On 03 Aug 2016, at 14:09, Mahomed Hussein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Any ideas please? I've tried to look at the code of the registration page and I can't see how to butcher it resend the email.
>
> Ideally, what should happen is that the page that asks for the validation key should give the option to update the email address and to also resend the email (in case the user made a typo with the email in the first place). Should I log this as a bug?

Sorry can’t help, I don’t know this feature well at all.

You could log an improvement but it doesn’t look like a bug to me.

> Kind regards,
>

> Mahomed Hussein
> Custodian Data Centre
> Email: [hidden email]
> http://www.CustodianDC.com

Thanks for the response. I'll log it tomorrow as an improvement. Though I'd be tempted to argue that it's a bug if it allows the account to get into a state where it can't be validated and has to be deleted and re-created. :-)