Quantcast

How to search revision comment of a document in xwiki?

How to search revision comment of a document in xwiki?

gp wang
Hi All,

How to search revision comment of a document in xwiki? Does solr index the version info of a doc?

I made a change of this page:
http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/edit/Main/SolrSearchConfig

{{velocity output="false"}}
#set ($__defaultSolrConfig = {
  'queryFields': {
    'DOCUMENT': 'title^10.0 name^10.0 version^10.0
                 doccontent^2.0

Thanks.

wgp

Re: How to search revision comment of a document in xwiki?

Marius Dumitru Florea
The name of the corresponding Solr index field is "comment" (
http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/SolrSchema#HDocumentFields ).
Note that only the last version of a document is being indexed. So each
time you modify and save a document the corresponding row on the Solr index
is updated. Thus you will be able to search only for the comment of the
last revision.

Hope this helps,
Marius

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 10:33 PM, gp wang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> How to search revision comment of a document in xwiki? Does solr index the
> version info of a doc?
>
> I made a change of this page:
> http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/edit/Main/SolrSearchConfig
>
> {{velocity output="false"}}
> #set ($__defaultSolrConfig = {
>   'queryFields': {
>     'DOCUMENT': 'title^10.0 name^10.0 version^10.0
>                  doccontent^2.0
>

> Thanks.
>
> wgp

Re: How to search revision comment of a document in xwiki?

gp wang
Thank you very much,Marius,but i noticed that in the link http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/SolrSchema#HDocumentFields also mentioned "version:  We need to index the document version (revision, e.g. '2.4') to be able to detect when the index is not up to date (not in sync with the database). This check is performed at XWiki startup for instance (see IndexerJob#addMissing).",what does it means? , can i make some changes of solr config file to achieve this?

Solr Schema (Design.SolrSchema) - XWiki<http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/SolrSchema#HDocumentFields>
design.xwiki.org
Other URLs. The Solr schema configuration file used in XWiki. Description. Introduction; Test Cases; Indexing a Single Entity vs. Multiple Entities; A Mixed Approach

________________________________

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 9:20 AM, gp wang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you very much,Marius,but i noticed that in the link
> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/SolrSchema#HDocumentFields
> also mentioned "version:  We need to index the document version (revision,
> e.g. '2.4') to be able to detect when the index is not up to date (not in
> sync with the database). This check is performed at XWiki startup for
> instance (see IndexerJob#addMissing).",what does it means?

It explains the reason why we have to index the version. Because we want
"to be able to detect..."

> , can i make some changes of solr config file to achieve this?

The version is already indexed.
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-search/xwiki-platform-search-solr/xwiki-platform-search-solr-server/xwiki-platform-search-solr-server-data/src/main/resources/xwiki/conf/managed-schema#L179
.