How to setup the panels for left navigation

How to setup the panels for left navigation

Sheila Hobeck
I have been struggling today with setting up a left navigation.
Everytime I save the panel/space with the updated layout - the
navigation is lost.  What am I doing wrong?

Re: How to setup the panels for left navigation

Sergiu Dumitriu-2
Sheila Hobeck wrote:
> I have been struggling today with setting up a left navigation.
> Everytime I save the panel/space with the updated layout - the
> navigation is lost.  What am I doing wrong?

What exactly are you doing?

Make sure you don't follow the link from the main page, that one is
wrong (fixed in 1.6.1). You should go to the Administration page and
configure the panels from there.

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Re: How to setup the panels for left navigation

Art Yeung

Sergiu Dumitriu-2 wrote
Sheila Hobeck wrote:
> I have been struggling today with setting up a left navigation.
> Everytime I save the panel/space with the updated layout - the
> navigation is lost.  What am I doing wrong?

What exactly are you doing?

Make sure you don't follow the link from the main page, that one is
wrong (fixed in 1.6.1). You should go to the Administration page and
configure the panels from there.

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/
I have also seen in the past where the Panels are mixed up. I used the object editor in the end to edit the text field rather than using the drag and drop. It might help.

/xwiki/bin/edit/XWiki/XWikiPreferences?editor=object
"Panels displayed on the right:" or "Panels displayed on the left:"

Art