How to use PDF viewer macro

Oliver Angélil
Hi all,

I'm using xwiki enterprise 8.4.4.

I've installed the PDF view macro
<http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/PDF+Viewer+Macro>extension
(it appears as "installed" in the extensions manager).

How do I now view a PDF using it? See the attached screenshot. When I click
on the PDF, the file is downloaded locally. How can I view the PDF in the
browser?

Oliver

Re: How to use PDF viewer macro

Marius Dumitru Florea
On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 1:26 PM, Oliver Angélil <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using xwiki enterprise 8.4.4.
>
> I've installed the PDF view macro
> <http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/PDF+Viewer+Macro
> >extension
> (it appears as "installed" in the extensions manager).
>
> How do I now view a PDF using it? See the attached screenshot. When I click
> on the PDF, the file is downloaded locally. How can I view the PDF in the
> browser?

Indeed, the PDF Viewer Macro documentation doesn't give any usage example..
In general, wiki rendering macros are supposed to be used from the content
of a wiki page. So you have to edit a wiki page and insert the macro from
the CKEditor toolbar (see
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Extension/CKEditor+Integration/macroToolbarIcon.png
).

Hope this helps,
Marius

> Oliver

Re: How to use PDF viewer macro

Richter, Tobias

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using xwiki enterprise 8.4.4.
>
> I've installed the PDF view macro
> <http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/PDF+Viewer+Macro
> >extension
> (it appears as "installed" in the extensions manager).
>
> How do I now view a PDF using it? See the attached screenshot. When I
> click on the PDF, the file is downloaded locally. How can I view the
> PDF in the browser?
>

>>Indeed, the PDF Viewer Macro documentation doesn't give any usage example..
>>In general, wiki rendering macros are supposed to be used from the content of a wiki page. So you have to edit a wiki page and insert the macro from the CKEditor toolbar (see >>http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Extension/CKEditor+Integration/macroToolbarIcon.png
>>).

>>Hope this helps,
>>Marius

> Oliver

Hi everybody - I have got a question about the PDF-Viewer Macro too - am I able to use an URI from a document,  shared from a windows file server?

If yes - is there any special syntax like ////fileserver//path//to//the/document.pdf

Thanks,

Tobias