[IDEA] Remove Bundled applications from the Recommended definition

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[IDEA] Remove Bundled applications from the Recommended definition

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
There are several applications that are listed in the Recommended
extensions, but meanwhile they were bundled in Platform. According to the
Definition of a Recommended Extension [1] they should be not removed from
the Recommended list. Examples of applications:
- CKEditor
- Help Application
- Templates Application
- Menu Application
- Tour Application
- Syntax Highlighting Application

Maybe we kept them to promote them or because we forgot. Also there is no
list on e.x.o with the bundled applications. Would that be useful? Still
kind of hard to differentiate between user related applications and very
technical bundled applications.

Let me know what you think,
Caty


[1]
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ExtensionCode/RecommendedExtensions/RecommendedDefinition/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [IDEA] Remove Bundled applications from the Recommended definition

vmassol
Administrator
Hi,

> On 12 Feb 2018, at 14:00, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> There are several applications that are listed in the Recommended
> extensions, but meanwhile they were bundled in Platform. According to the
> Definition of a Recommended Extension [1] they should be not removed from
> the Recommended list. Examples of applications:

I assume that you mean “they should be now removed from…” :)

> - CKEditor
> - Help Application
> - Templates Application
> - Menu Application
> - Tour Application
> - Syntax Highlighting Application
>
> Maybe we kept them to promote them or because we forgot. Also there is no
> list on e.x.o with the bundled applications. Would that be useful? Still
> kind of hard to differentiate between user related applications and very
> technical bundled applications.
>
> Let me know what you think,

+1 from me.

Also note that AFAIK Marius is going to send a proposal real soon now about removing the concept of Recommended Application and replace it with a concept of Highlighted Application (or something like this).

Thanks
-Vincent

> Caty
>
>
> [1]
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ExtensionCode/RecommendedExtensions/RecommendedDefinition/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [IDEA] Remove Bundled applications from the Recommended definition

vmassol
Administrator


> On 12 Feb 2018, at 14:56, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> On 12 Feb 2018, at 14:00, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> There are several applications that are listed in the Recommended
>> extensions, but meanwhile they were bundled in Platform. According to the
>> Definition of a Recommended Extension [1] they should be not removed from
>> the Recommended list. Examples of applications:
>
> I assume that you mean “they should be now removed from…” :)

Actually what you said not correct. This is not the definition at http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ExtensionCode/RecommendedExtensions/RecommendedDefinition/. It only talks about excluding extension "not bundled by default in the base XWiki Distribution”.

There can be several Flavors and not just XS. This is why we kept those.

>
>> - CKEditor
>> - Help Application
>> - Templates Application
>> - Menu Application
>> - Tour Application
>> - Syntax Highlighting Application
>>
>> Maybe we kept them to promote them or because we forgot. Also there is no
>> list on e.x.o with the bundled applications. Would that be useful? Still
>> kind of hard to differentiate between user related applications and very
>> technical bundled applications.
>>
>> Let me know what you think,
>
> +1 from me.

Changing it to -0. I think we need to wait for Marius’s proposal anyway.

Thanks
-Vincent

> Also note that AFAIK Marius is going to send a proposal real soon now about removing the concept of Recommended Application and replace it with a concept of Highlighted Application (or something like this).
>
> Thanks
> -Vincent
>
>> Caty
>>
>>
>> [1]
>> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ExtensionCode/RecommendedExtensions/RecommendedDefinition/