[Idea] Improving upgrade smoothness in case of error?

[Idea] Improving upgrade smoothness in case of error?

One error we see during upgrades is https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/UserGuide/Features/DistributionWizard#HThewizardfailstoappearatstartup

I was wondering if we couldn't fix it for example by storing the database version also in the status.xml file for example (and update it when there are migrations) and at startup if we see a mismatch between the version in the DB and the version in the status.xml file, then would start the DW, asking the user if they are performing an upgrade.

I’m mentioning this in the context of trying to make the install/upgrade process as simple as possible for users, and even correcting their mistakes when we can.

WDYT? good idea? bad idea? Any other idea?