Idea - for graceful handling of duplicate page names

Idea - for graceful handling of duplicate page names

cburleso

I notice that you get a stack dump if you try to create a blog of the same page name. I could create some JavaScript validation in the blog form to reduce this, but that is not elegant. How about appending a counter before submitting to database when pages have the same name. Or how about using GUIDs as the key instead of the page name. anything tro avoid getting stack dumps. Is this issue logged in JIRA yet?

==================================
Cody Burleson
IBM, Business Consulting Services
On Demand Workplaces
"Simplifying access to content, applications, people and processes."

Current Client Office (Mon - Thur): (404) 828-4583
Home Office [Friday, Sat. Sun. or email a voice message]: (214) 233.3546
Cell [anytime]: (214) 537-8783
Email: [hidden email]

Re: Idea - for graceful handling of duplicate page names

Ludovic Dubost

The issue should be logged.. Indeed this is a problem for all forms
creations.. There is not tests and the error message is pretty bad..
At least it should be "This page name already exists, please resubmit
with a different name"..
An automatic counter is a possible solution..

Also I've been thinking of adding this counter solution for automatic
naming in some cases.. there are cases where naming by the title is not
that good and naming by an id would be good..

Ludovic

Cody Burleson wrote:

> I notice that you get a stack dump if you try to create a blog of the
> same page name. I could create some JavaScript validation in the blog
> form to reduce this, but that is not elegant. How about appending a
> counter before submitting to database when pages have the same name.
> Or how about using GUIDs as the key instead of the page name. anything
> tro avoid getting stack dumps. Is this issue logged in JIRA yet?
>
> ==================================
> Cody Burleson
> IBM, Business Consulting Services
> On Demand Workplaces
> "Simplifying access to content, applications, people and processes."
>
> Current Client Office (Mon - Thur): (404) 828-4583
> Home Office [Friday, Sat. Sun. or email a voice message]: (214) 233.3546
> Cell [anytime]: (214) 537-8783
> Email: [hidden email]

Possible to add custom action class to existing xwiki struts framework

Howard Yeung
Hi there,

I wonder if it possible to add my own action classes.
The action class runs fine in its own context.  Then
action class is added to the WEB-INF/classes and the
struts-config.xml is updated to reference the class.
(Of course I re-started the Tomcat) However I get an
"Invalid path was requested" error when I reference
the action in the /xwiki/bin/ context.

Also I wonder if this is doable in xwiki.  The xwiki
uses struts.  But can people add their own custom
action class to it.  Thanks.

Howard Yeung

Re: Possible to add custom action class to existing xwiki struts framework

kaaloo
Hi,

What URL are you using ?  I know you will get an "invalid path" error
if you don't end your URL with a trailing slash, for instance,
"xwiki/bin/myaction/"

On 9/12/05, Howard Yeung <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I wonder if it possible to add my own action classes.
> The action class runs fine in its own context.  Then
> action class is added to the WEB-INF/classes and the
> struts-config.xml is updated to reference the class.
> (Of course I re-started the Tomcat) However I get an
> "Invalid path was requested" error when I reference
> the action in the /xwiki/bin/ context.
>
> Also I wonder if this is doable in xwiki.  The xwiki
> uses struts.  But can people add their own custom
> action class to it.  Thanks.
>
> Howard Yeung

Luis Arias
http://www.xwiki.com