Improve Android XWiki authenticator GSOC-19

Improve Android XWiki authenticator GSOC-19

Divyansh Jain
Hello, devs

My name is Divyansh Jain. I’m pursuing me under graduation in BCA. Bachelor
of Computer Application in Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University Campus.
Currently, I’m in my sixth semester. I’m an avid and enthusiastic
programmer with strong experience in Java and Android. I'll be working on
the XWiki Android Authenticator App in this GSOC19. I've already submitted
my proposal on http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/ Here's the link
to my proposal:

   -
   https://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/Codemigrationandfixexistingbugs
   -
   https://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/ImproveXWikiAndroidApplication

Though there are still some areas where I still need to study/practice*:*

   - Kotlin (working on sample projects of my own)
   - OCID (Need to watch some more google developer videos like
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdQTXrk6YTk&feature=youtu.be )e
   - Unit Test (Practicing on sample projects.)
   - AccountManager for adding several accounts in the XWiki Authenticator
   page.

I'm very excited to work with all of you devs. I've already started working
on migrating code in MVVM architecture and fixing existing bugs some of
which are merged:

   -
   https://jira.xwiki.org/projects/ANDAUTH/issues/ANDAUTH-48?filter=doneissues
   -
   https://jira.xwiki.org/projects/ANDAUTH/issues/ANDAUTH-49?filter=doneissues
   -
   https://jira.xwiki.org/projects/ANDAUTH/issues/ANDAUTH-47?filter=doneissues
   -
   https://jira.xwiki.org/projects/ANDAUTH/issues/ANDAUTH-27?filter=doneissues

Regards,
Divyansh Jain

Re: Improve Android XWiki authenticator GSOC-19

Hi Divyansh,

Thanks for all these information !

It would be great if you could give us a sense of what's your planning
and when we can expect the first testable milestone with your work in
it.

On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 8:38 AM Divyansh Jain <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, devs
>
> My name is Divyansh Jain. I’m pursuing me under graduation in BCA. Bachelor
> of Computer Application in Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University Campus.
> Currently, I’m in my sixth semester. I’m an avid and enthusiastic
> programmer with strong experience in Java and Android. I'll be working on
> the XWiki Android Authenticator App in this GSOC19. I've already submitted
> my proposal on http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/ Here's the link
> to my proposal:
>

>    -
>    https://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/Codemigrationandfixexistingbugs
>    -
>    https://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/ImproveXWikiAndroidApplication
>
> Though there are still some areas where I still need to study/practice*:*
>
>    - Kotlin (working on sample projects of my own)
>    - OCID (Need to watch some more google developer videos like
>    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdQTXrk6YTk&feature=youtu.be )e

It's good that you are researching but don't hesitate to ask questions
too. I implemented the OIDC provider in XWiki so I can at least help
you regarding what you can expect from it and what's currently missing
for your need.