In the road of XWiki Beta1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

In the road of XWiki Beta1

jeremi joslin
Hi all,
OK, I've finish to review all XWiki task. (not XWiki applications for
the moment.)
You can see the Road Map:
http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel

Do you agree with this Road Map?

We will need your help to fix all bugs and do all tasks to produce a
powerful XWIki 1.0.

- Jérémi
--
Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
http://www.xwiki.org
skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]



--
You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: In the road of XWiki Beta1

Xavier MOGHRABI
Hi Jeremi,

I'd like to see in the XWiki 1.0 a LDAP authentification relying on the LDAP
groups. Actually when I use LDAP, I have to add each user in a XWiki group,
if I want to manage access rights for a group. That can be really an long
task if you have more than 100 groups and users can be added or deleted from
a group.

That feature would be really useful.

Regards

--
Xavier MOGHRABI
Phone: +33 4 76 61 52 35  Skype: xavier.moghrabi.bureau
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't miss ObjectWeb Fifth Annual ObjectWeb Conference
January 31 - February 2, 2006 CNIT, Paris La Défense, France
On-line registration at http://objectwebcon06.objectweb.org
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Le Mercredi 25 Janvier 2006 16:07, jeremi joslin a écrit :

> Hi all,
> OK, I've finish to review all XWiki task. (not XWiki applications for
> the moment.)
> You can see the Road Map:
> http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.sy
>stem.project:roadmap-panel
>
> Do you agree with this Road Map?
>
> We will need your help to fix all bugs and do all tasks to produce a
> powerful XWIki 1.0.
>
> - Jérémi
> --
> Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
> LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
> http://www.xwiki.org
> skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]


--
You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: In the road of XWiki Beta1

Stephen Schaub
In reply to this post by jeremi joslin
The road map looks good to me. I'm glad to see that most of the items
involve bux fixes and polishing existing functionality, rather than adding
fancy new features. But wow -- a lot of work ahead.

I know we've got to keep the work list manageable, so I hesitate to propose
adding anything. But XWIKI-209
(http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-209), currently slated for version
1.1, addresses an important usability issue, and I wonder if there's any
possibility of getting it done in the 1.0 timeframe. I added a comment with
a proposal that might help; if we can just give the user an "all or nothing"
option for enabling/disabling Groovy / Velocity processing on a per-page
basis, with the default being disabled, I think that would really help a lot
of novice XWiki users avoid needless frustration with unexpected behavior /
errors on their pages. Hopefully, it wouldn't be a complicated change -- at
least, not as complicated as providing complete scripting customization, as
proposed in XWIKI-190.

Thoughts?

Stephen


>From: jeremi joslin <[hidden email]>
>Reply-To: [hidden email]
>To: [hidden email]
>Subject: [xwiki-dev] In the road of XWiki Beta1
>Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 16:07:34 +0100
>
>Hi all,
>OK, I've finish to review all XWiki task. (not XWiki applications for
>the moment.)
>You can see the Road Map:
>http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel
>
>Do you agree with this Road Map?
>
>We will need your help to fix all bugs and do all tasks to produce a
>powerful XWIki 1.0.
>
>- Jérémi




--
You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: In the road of XWiki Beta1

jeremi joslin
On 1/26/06, Stephen Schaub <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The road map looks good to me. I'm glad to see that most of the items
> involve bux fixes and polishing existing functionality, rather than adding
> fancy new features. But wow -- a lot of work ahead.
>
> I know we've got to keep the work list manageable, so I hesitate to propose
> adding anything. But XWIKI-209
> (http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-209), currently slated for version
> 1.1, addresses an important usability issue, and I wonder if there's any
> possibility of getting it done in the 1.0 timeframe. I added a comment with
> a proposal that might help; if we can just give the user an "all or nothing"
> option for enabling/disabling Groovy / Velocity processing on a per-page
> basis, with the default being disabled, I think that would really help a lot
> of novice XWiki users avoid needless frustration with unexpected behavior /
> errors on their pages. Hopefully, it wouldn't be a complicated change -- at
> least, not as complicated as providing complete scripting customization, as
> proposed in XWIKI-190.
>
> Thoughts?
>
Yes, there is a lot of works to do.
I hesitate a long time between putting it in 1.0 or 1.1. I put it in
1.1 because in this version, we will change a lot of things on the
rendering chain.

Does anyone think this functions should be include in 1.0?

-Jérémi

--
Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
http://www.xwiki.org
skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]



--
You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: In the road of XWiki Beta1

jeremi joslin
In reply to this post by Xavier MOGHRABI
On 1/26/06, Xavier MOGHRABI <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jeremi,
>
> I'd like to see in the XWiki 1.0 a LDAP authentification relying on the LDAP
> groups. Actually when I use LDAP, I have to add each user in a XWiki group,
> if I want to manage access rights for a group. That can be really an long
> task if you have more than 100 groups and users can be added or deleted from
> a group.
>
> That feature would be really useful.
>
Yes I think it's a good idea. Can you create the task in jira?

jeremi


--
Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
http://www.xwiki.org
skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]



--
You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws